Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th September 2017, 23:36   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/5 (20)
Default Re: Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8

I am interested in buying the upcoming Ecosport and went through the thread just to get an idea on the Future of Ford. I personally love the company's products overall, but I am equally doubtful on the company's future. What if the company's best selling product, the upcoming Ecosport fails to garner the sales that the company expects?
This is especially important as I intend to own the car for quite a bit of time.
I would have infact booked the Nexon, had it not been for its niggles.

And the only other choice, after these two, for me, is the Baleno RS, which honestly my heart doesn't want to go with.
jsanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 09:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanket View Post
I am interested in buying the upcoming Ecosport and went through the thread just to get an idea on the Future of Ford. I personally love the company's products overall, but I am equally doubtful on the company's future. What if the company's best selling product, the upcoming Ecosport fails to garner the sales that the company expects?

This is especially important as I intend to own the car for quite a bit of time.

I would have infact booked the Nexon, had it not been for its niggles.

And the only other choice, after these two, for me, is the Baleno RS, which honestly my heart doesn't want to go with.

There was a recent article in Autocar India which spoke about Ford’s future in India. Although they do not have any new product launches for the next 2 years ( only existing product refreshes ) Ford seems to have planned newer models in India in 2021. I think Ford is here to stay, so you shouldn’t worry too much. Even this article from Auto car seemed to reiterate the same.

With Chevrolet, the issue was different, remember that Chevy had nearly 6-7 models and yet did not materialise in to decent sales every month? While ford has just 2 product types ( Figo Aspire and Figo being one and the Ecosport being the other) in the mass segment, whether investments may have been high.

Also Chevy india had heavy investment from SAIC China who might have had a big say in pulling out, while Ford is in no such position.
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 01:08   #303
BANNED

Infractions: 0/5 (20)
Default Re: Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2017 at 23:43.
jsanket is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction