Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st October 2006, 12:35   #1
BHPian

Default AA membership and insurance

Hi all,

I took delivery of my new Swift last evening, and while going through the documents, I noticed an item under "deductions" in the insurance policy titled "Automobile Association Membership". I dont have a membership, although my mom does. This is the standard Maruti insurance by the way. Anyone know to what extent (if any) getting a membership reduces ones insurance premium? Is it worth getting a membership to avail this?

Thanks,
Ajit
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 02:29   #2
BHPian

never heard of such a thing,possibly you should ask the concerned insurance people if they would issue a membership card?
for one i know that AA is the only certified body who can valuate your car and that valuation is accepted by all govt and banking institutions.
dr fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 07:58   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

AA membership entitles the AA member to a discount of 5% or a max of Rs 200/- on the insurance premium. The vehicle will also have to be in the AA member's name.

@dr fate, AA is not the only certified body for valuation.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 00:38   #4
BHPian

Well i thought so because once for a project when we were raising funds and my company vehicles needed to be hypothicated,they said the vehicle valuation should come only from AA,

anyway you live and learn can you tell me more on who else does this valuation and what is the actual functions relevent to AA?
dr fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 01:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
entitles the AA member to a discount of 5% or a max of Rs 200/- on the insurance premium.
Thats peanuts!
And how much would an AA membership cost??
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 02:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

I thought the AA offers road maps, towing services nd RTO help to its members....or is tht WIAA
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 07:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Nitrous / Khanak, points have been discussed previously.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...aa-anyone.html (Indian AAA, anyone?)

Mods, pls merge threads if reqd
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:36   #8
BHPian

I think the AA membership would be given only to people who are either Dealers of some Automobile, or its Authorised Service Partners, or Manufacturers.

Like they have the Hotels membership, ppl who own hotels have a special membership thru which they get upto 30% discounts on food and liquior and upto 50% on stay.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 10:56   #9
BHPian

AA membership is open to all and is a Global Org, even in India they are present is all states.
They take care of all your RTO business at govt. cost and offer discount on insurance and other external products through tie-ups
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote