Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 16:36   #31
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 693
Thanked: 400 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Car delivery date 28th March 2017
Registration Certificate creation date 16th June 2017
Registration Certificate received on 06th July 2017

So approximately it took 100 days in my case (MH-14)

Is the certificate valid if I have this one "laminated"? Heard that a proof is no longer valid if it's laminated.

Heard that for road trips it's advisable to carry original docs too and produce if sought for. Does a laminated RC suffice to the purpose?
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 17:38   #32
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 553 Times
Default Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Waiting for 7 months to just get a print out of what they call an RC book , I suggest you to file an RTI query seeking the status of our RC book.
I just got lucky today and the RC arrived by post. Its the same as Vehicle Extract / Information printed on a piece of A4 sized paper instead of a smart card or RC booklet as earlier.

Hence no need of RTI, huge relief.

Although thanks for the suggestion, I was indeed gearing up for the same.
The Great is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2017, 12:15   #33
BHPian
 
King_pin09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 311 Times
Default Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Is the certificate valid if I have this one "laminated"? Heard that a proof is no longer valid if it's laminated.
You heard it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Heard that for road trips it's advisable to carry original docs too and produce if sought for. Does a laminated RC suffice to the purpose?
The Motor Vehicles Act requires you to carry all Original documents at all times. However, for obvious reasons, it is advisable to carry photocopies along with the originals.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 8th July 2017 at 12:20.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 23:28   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 61
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Hi,

I recently transferred my company owned car to my name. Hence, the RC book had to be changed.
As per details obtained from the Worli RTO, they have printed my RC Copy on 18th August. Post multiple repeated entries, they even sent me a scanned copy by email (pretty surprising!!). However, one week later, they are yet to dispatch the original copy.

Trouble is that I'm selling the vehicle off, and even the buyer is waiting desperately to get the RC Book (his bank loan won't get processed without it). Is there any way I can get the RC Book directly without them dispatching it?
krishnadevjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 18:45   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hi,

I recently transferred my company owned car to my name. Hence, the RC book had to be changed.
As per details obtained from the Worli RTO, they have printed my RC Copy on 18th August. Post multiple repeated entries, they even sent me a scanned copy by email (pretty surprising!!). However, one week later, they are yet to dispatch the original copy.

Trouble is that I'm selling the vehicle off, and even the buyer is waiting desperately to get the RC Book (his bank loan won't get processed without it). Is there any way I can get the RC Book directly without them dispatching it?
Hi Krishna - these days they print the RC book on a plain A4 paper called "form 23". It will have a bar code at the top right of the page.
I had called Thane RTO and they said all that matters is that Bar Code.
If they have emailed you the copy, check the bar code and print a copy of it. That should suffice I guess. I hope this helps.
mikilbhatkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trivandrum gets back its sorely missed Double-Deckers! Scorcher Commercial Vehicles 29 9th May 2014 10:46
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
Need help with economics book and Baron's GMAT/GRE English book Nikhilb2008 Shifting gears 2 30th June 2008 11:05
Buying car without a blue book(RC Book). Safe? vrooooooom The Indian Car Scene 19 7th May 2008 17:25
Help required for making case against Dealer in Mumbai for delay in swift delivery AGP The Indian Car Scene 28 16th September 2005 20:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks