Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: When shopping for a new car, which variant do you buy?
The base variant (Eg: LXi) 5 1.09%
The mid variant (Eg: VXi) 124 27.07%
The top variant (Eg: ZXi) 296 64.63%
Don't Know/ Can't Say 33 7.21%
Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th May 2017, 18:06   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Analysis: Which is the most popular variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayd85 View Post
I would always go for the top variant. The reason is that the safety kit (such as airbags and all) is usually good and the features (which can also be bought aftermarket), are mostly well integrated and are supported by the OE service network. For a particular budget, I would prefer a fully loaded car from a segment below than a low/mid-level variant of a car from a segment above.
Well this was the situation years back. These days many new car models come with either airbag/abs or both or have a optional model for each variant. Take for example the Figo or TUV. Reasons for not getting the top model include:
  • You dont want to spend extra on fancy stuff like alloys/roof rack/interior decor etc to name a few.
  • You want to add up accessories with time instead of committing the money initially.
  • You want to customize your alloys, ICE without wasting money replacing OEM given ones.

I observed most people go for mid-low models (I hardly notice Swift Z**, most are V or L). However in case of Ecosport its opposite, most people seem to have bought the top spec ed Titanium & Titanium+ just for the styling (Alloys & Roof rails)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote