Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th August 2017, 11:29   #1681
BHPian

Default Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed with the stupidity of the decision.

After all, those 6 airbags are more useful at 120 km/h on the expressway (2WD territory) than 30 km/h on a mud / slush trail (AWD territory).
Is it still possible for FCA to do that before giving delivery. Creta, for instance still doesn't give 6 airbags to automatic variants even after 2+ years of launch.
wordsworth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 12:09   #1682
BHPian

Just spoke to my friend working in jeep showroom in south Tamilnadu.
They have 60+ bookings already.
The bookings from hill / estate areas are all for 2 wheel drives. He said all the estate guys who book 4x4 prefer manual transmission.
He has asked me to wait till Renegade comes next March as I need a 4x4 on a lesser budget.
balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 12:22   #1683
BHPian

Surat dealer has 200 + bookings.
neo_trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 12:33   #1684
BHPian

Did he say March 2018 or March 2019?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
The bookings from hill / estate areas are all for 2 wheel drives. He said all the estate guys who book 4x4 prefer manual transmission.
He has asked me to wait till Renegade comes next March as I need a 4x4 on a lesser budget.
bhpfaninblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 12:33   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Now, when they come back and find out that Hexa offers much more at a lower price range of 11.99 - 17.49 lakhs(ex-showroom) their opinion about the Hexa may change, won't it be in favour of Tata then ?
Revised price post GST starts from 10.95 to 16.23 lakhs.
damodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 12:53   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
My guess is that Renegade's main competition will be from the Next-Gen Mahindra Thar, which is expected to be launched around the same time.

If FCA follow the same pricing formula used in the case of the Compass, M&M will really have a fight on it's hands. Anyway, the consumer will be the beneficiary.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 13:02   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Did he say March 2018 or March 2019?
He said by Jan 2018 it will be announced and released by Mar 18
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 15:59   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1881 View Post
Any update on 25K Accessories details, also 10k handling charges? Limited(O) is already fully loaded, what else they are providing for 25K?
Please suggest guys. I am told by Landmark jeep Delhi(Mathura Road) that the 25k accessories and first year insurance are compulsory.
As I am applying via company lease, insurance is managed by my organization only. The sales guy is not even bothering and being firm on this, even though I mentioned this as show stopper for my purchase. Most of the accessories are pretty use less for me.
Looks like these guys have took the exceptional response on their head, not even keen on responding. Really frustrating dealership experience with such a wonderful car, its been more than a month I booked top spec 4*4 Diesel Limited(O)).

Is not just about money, but the attitude and playing with customer sentiments. I will be going ahead with Fortuner if this is not resolved.

Last edited by abhi1881 : 5th August 2017 at 16:04.
abhi1881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 16:34   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
25k accessories and first year insurance are compulsory.

Is not just about money, but the attitude and playing with customer sentiments.
Completely agree with you - dont give in to the dealership.
However I would try the following

1. Call the tollfree and ask for somebody to call you back for problem resolution.
2. Post the same on their facebook page if there is no response.
3. I could not find any email id on the website to write directly to FCA - so if you know any ids - write directly.

BUT THE ONE WHICH CAN GIVE A RESULT and can be done asap

is call up the Bombay office at Tel: +91 022 39462600 or if you know the Delhi office number -

Ask to speak to the regional sales head north - ask for the mobile number - and ask him to resolve this.

I had done this during my 3rd purchase - had issues with the local dealers and needed intervention.

I think his name might be Abhay Kudeshia = abhay.kudeshia@fcagroup.com

you can try writing to this mail id and ask him to call you back / write to you or call up FCA office and ask if this person still work at FCA and ask for his number.

Last edited by noopster : 5th August 2017 at 18:44.
PM - B is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 17:20   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest guys. I am told by Landmark jeep Delhi(Mathura Road) that the 25k accessories and first year insurance are compulsory.

Is not just about money, but the attitude and playing with customer sentiments. I will be going ahead with Fortuner if this is not resolved.
This is pathetic, please inform Jeep India and the FCA directly on this. Do not give in to such tactics of the dealer.
Finally FCA/Jeep has a good car on their hands and they will ruin the chances of making an impact in the market by such unscrupulous tactics of their dealers.

Jeep India has to come down heavily on such dealers to ensure goodwill and faith among the buyers.

The success and pricing of Compass has gone to the heads of the dealers in Bangalore as well. No calls or follow up from KHT even after repeated attempts to get a test drive or further information.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 18:05   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Brings back the memory of mine when i bought XUV 500 way back in 2011. Faced same issue that you cant buy insurance from outside. Stood my ground. Tweeted Anand Mahindra, mailed whatever email ID's I could find for the top guys. Result, within few days dealer himself called me back and begged me to take the car

So hold your ground. Mail top guys, tweet and post on FB.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2017 at 21:32. Reason: Typos. Tweeted and tweet.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 18:09   #1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Booked a Petrol limited (O). But now confused whether to go for 4x4 manual.

Petrol: Automatic as drive mainly in Gurgaon traffic which is only going to increase in coming 5 years. However, no review / TD of petrol variant. Further, landmark is saying delivery in mid November.
Diesel: 6 airbags. 4x4 for that leh trip with friends (though only in theory). Powerful engine. Within the month delivery.

We will be keeping a driver for the weekdays and running is under 1k per month. Can't wait for diesel automatic as need delivery at the earliest.

Inputs please
Congratulations on your booking sir.

Since you've already booked a Compass Automatic, I assume that you might've test driven the 1.4 ltr Turbo-Petrol Automatic variant. Your insights on the experience will be of immense help for me to zero on a Compass as I haven't found any reviews of the automatic compass.

Secondly agree with all the bhpians that Jeep has been stingy on offering us the option of 6-Airbags on all the high-end trims. It is sheer stupidity on FCA's part on not offering extra airbags on other high-end counterparts. Customers paying 20+ lacs OTR for the high-end variants are seriously pissed off because of this omission. Hope FCA realizes this at the earliest and do the needful.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 18:25   #1693
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Did anyone had any encounter with Compass Petrol model?

Looks like dealers are having only Diesel models for test drive.

One of my friend is interested (very positive) in buying a compass, it will be mainly for city rides. His monthly running will be less, hence I suggested for the petrol model. 160 BHP power with 250 nm of torque, not bad at all for a petrol car. However Kolkata dealer does not have any petrol model for test drive. Booked a test drive on Monday with diesel, and I will be his test driver .

Any experience / thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Sail
Sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 18:27   #1694

There is a sea change in dealer attitude. All the pre-price announcement courtesies are gone. Visited WSL Automobiles Private Limited, Mohali, Chandigarh, today. Was not attended by anyone for 20 minutes, despite it not being crowded. Giggling executives saying sweet nothings to each other behind the counters but none interested in greeting or making a sale. Reminiscent of my Ford visit in their hay days. Had to leave in a huff.
Caesar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 19:23   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post

Since you've already booked a Compass Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Hi Guys,

Did anyone had any encounter with Compass Petrol model?

Petrol automatic will be available for test drive in September end or early October. This is what i am being told by landmark jeep in mumbai. I also have booked it and waiting car to be available for test drive.
sagpatel is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote