Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2017, 15:33   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

As with all Maruti launches, and something that many of the Bhpians seem to have missed out on.

"Introductory prices" . So you know a hike is coming, maybe next month, maybe after that. So you can be damn sure that if you go and book a Dzire right now, you are not getting it for that price. They've already got enough orders for a couple on months
Old 16th May 2017, 15:39   #182
BHPian

Good that the pricing is not too steep but for the Zdi+ variant. However, I had noticed SA's from various showrooms quoting a price hike of 30k-70k per variant. But, the actual price is well within the projected price. This seemed like a marketing tactic. Initially, create a high expected pricing but upon the release the price is well under the expected price. In the end, the customer is happy as the hike was not as bad as expected.

IMHO, the Dzire has never had significant competition to speak off. Based on the past sales figures, Amaze+Ameo+Aspire+Xcent+Zest together seldom sold more than half the number of Dzires being sold per month.

However, with the waiting period for the new Dzire which would escalate further, it can turn into a blessing in disguise for other CS's.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:45   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here is how the all-new 2017 DZire stacks up, price-wise, against it's in-segment competition:
Could you please add Swift price to the comparison. I am wondering when People go to showroom to buy Swift and see a new, better looking Dzire next to it, will they still go for Swift?
Old 16th May 2017, 16:02   #184
BHPian

Dzire Zxi = Baleno Zeta, but pricing wise Dzire is costlier by approximately 50-60k.
I still feel people will prefer Dzire over Baleno, just for that premium feeling of sedan.
Old 16th May 2017, 16:09   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
I am wondering when People go to showroom to buy Swift and see a new, better looking Dzire next to it, will they still go for Swift?
I think it is going to be very interesting. New Swift is speculated to be coming only next year beginning. But they just dispatched highest ever number of Swift to showrooms. In effect, that is just to ensure they create ample space for Dzire production. So Expect Dzire to set May sales chart on Fire! I guess they might just debut at Number 1 which will be a huge huge marketing boost.

To answer your question, knowing MSIL SA's, they might even convince the buyer to downgrade and go for a Swift which will be available readily for those who can't wait. You can easily save a good chunk of money also. Throw in some discounts as well. It is any day better to get lesser profit than to not get anything at all in case buyer decides to shop someplace outside MSIL showroom. They would anyways not want to redirect them to NEXA showroom for Baleno since the delay for Baleno is still not in control.
Old 16th May 2017, 16:09   #186
Senior - BHPian

How many options do we have for a diesel Automatic under 9 lacs?
As far as I can remember it's Zest, Ignis and Dzire. Zest doesn't sell much and is due for a facelift. So, buyer has to choose between Ignis and Dzire only. Seems like a great strategy by Maruti to gain Automatic customers which are increasing day by Day due to our hectic traffic conditions.

Since long everyone has complained of not getting the variant they want in automatics. Dzire has changed it completely. Whatever engine and variant we choose an automatic is there for us. Kudos to Maruti for this and hopefully this trend will be picked up by other manufacturers in their upcoming cars.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 16:32   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Official Maruti-Suzuki Pricing webpage has now been updated to include the prices of the all-new 2017 DZire.

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-untitled.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Could you please add Swift price to the comparison. I am wondering when People go to showroom to buy Swift and see a new, better looking Dzire next to it, will they still go for Swift?
I'll do one better - here's the comparative prices of all Maruti-Suzuki offerings in the all-new DZire's price range, including prices of the older-gen (outgoing) DZire.

PETROL

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-petrol.jpg

DIESEL

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-diesel.jpg

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 16:43   #188
BHPian

Just compared variant wise prices for Delhi and Bangalore.
Prices taken from official website.
I don't understand why the Dzire LDi is costly by more than Rs 50,000 in Bangalore than Delhi. Other variants' difference seems reasonable to me.
Attached Images

RoadSurfer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 16:52   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Decent pricing. Suzuki knows it will get the numbers, so why rock the boat if aspirational pricing? I wonder why the Baleno is the only one with a CVT? Perhaps this too deserved one.
I second your thought completely. At 9.41L-Ex-Showroom Delhi, Diesel AGS is a compact sedan with non-compact pricing. Maybe that's why Manufacturers shy away from offering Top End Automatics.

Maruti will hit good numbers with DZire & then the trend (AMT instead of proper Auto in this price segment) is set to make conventional automatic offerers to either hike their prices or get AMT into this segment. Bad for us customers. Volkswagen Polo GT TSI keeps getting more and more irresistible.

This also strongly suggests that the new Swift will be offered with AMT (correct me if I'm wrong) whereas the competition (Grand i10, Figo) offers proper auto tranny.

Last edited by DevendraG : 16th May 2017 at 16:54. Reason: Addition of Figo
DevendraG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 17:48   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
I second your thought completely. At 9.41L-Ex-Showroom Delhi, Diesel AGS is a compact sedan with non-compact pricing.
Looks like LED lighting is an expensive tech and every manufacturer seems to be asking a premium for this variant - from Ignis to DZire to City and Vento.

However, DZire notably has LED projector setup unlike City and Vento were they are just coupled to normal reflectors.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 18:04   #191
BHPian

ACI Price Checker

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-0_0_860_httpcdni.autocarindia.comgalleries20170516042603_marutidizercopy1.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...up-404912.aspx

Aspire is the best petrol AT sedan. Its cheaper despite having a more powerful 1.5 ltr motor and an advanced DCT. It also has ESP, Traction Control and HLA and is cheaper by 13 K to the Dzire and 22 K to the Amaze.

When it comes to diesel AT, the Ameo is the best, for 40K than the Dzire more it offers a more punchy engine with loads of torque mated to a lightning quick DCT, ESP, HH and convenience/segment first features like all windows auto up/down with anti pinch, rain sensing wipers, front arm rest etc. Dzire is the 2nd best.

Petrol AT - Aspire
Diesel AT - Ameo
Petrol MT - Dzire
Diesel MT - Aspire/Ameo

Rest of the compact sedans do not offer anything unique. Tigor can cater to someone looking to own a sedan/style back on a tight budget. The Amaze, Zest and Xcent seem to be in no man's land.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 16th May 2017 at 18:23.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 18:34   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
I don't understand why the Dzire LDi is costly by more than Rs 50,000 in Bangalore than Delhi. Other variants' difference seems reasonable to me.
Thats interesting. Just checked the incremental difference between the LDI and VDI and the gap in Delhi pricing is more than double that in Bangalore (or for that matter everywhere else, as I just checked a few other cities randomly).

Only in Delhi the difference between VDI and LDI is nearly 84K whereas everywhere else the incremental price is approx 39K?

So is Delhi getting a stripped down version of LDI?
Old 16th May 2017, 19:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the New Dzire in Maruti Showroom, Gorwa.

1) Space is surprisingly good at rear. Adjusted the seat for my driving position and sat behind the driver's seat. Lots of room. The rear floor to seat height is also good. Wonder how Maruti could crave out such room from a compact footprint.
I have frequented the outgoing 2nd generation Dzire and can say that this new car is much, much better in terms of rear seat and space.

2) Comfortable seats up front. Despite my near 100kg weight, I found the seats pretty good.

3) Quality of interiors aren't a huge jump from existing car, but quite well designed. Found the A/C cents to be quite small though.

4) Boot is well designed, and space is much better than outgoing car.

5) Dashboard is lower than current car, with the height adjustable seat at highest position, there was good frontal visibility. Infact, I though that the front windscreen could be bit tall ! Speaks volumes about seat height adjustment range.

6) Lots of space in engine bay, I had a look at the petrol car.

7) Underbonnet insulation present in ZXi+, but boot cladding was missing.

8) Steering felt good on ZXi+, with mild thumb contours. Finishing was nice too.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th May 2017 at 19:10.
aaggoswami is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 19:35   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I'll do one better - here's the comparative prices of all Maruti-Suzuki offerings in the all-new DZire's price range, including prices of the older-gen (outgoing) DZire.
OT: This comparison shows how well Maruti has spaced various offerings not only variants of a particular car but across segments ensuring a customer entering the showroom has very little chance leaving without fulfilling his aspiration. Kudos!
Old 16th May 2017, 20:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
ACI Price Checker

Aspire is the best petrol AT sedan. Its cheaper despite having a more powerful 1.5 ltr motor and an advanced DCT. It also has ESP, Traction Control and HLA and is cheaper by 13 K to the Dzire and 22 K to the Amaze.
I would not call that cheaper! Its cheaper than the ZXI+ sure, but it is nowhere near as well equipped, no touchscreen nav with Carplay and android auto, no LED lights, reverse cam etc.
Better to compare the Aspire Titanium to the ZXI, to which it is much more expensive and understandably so, the DCT will be much better than an AMT, and not to forget near 30 bhp difference in power.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread