Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 12:23   #301
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,094
Thanked: 25,448 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

For those who are finalising the all-new DZire as their next purchase, see if you can avoid the White shade for the lower variants (L_i & V_i).

I came across 3-4 such cars on the roads yesterday and, quite frankly, the shade looked very ordinary and underwhelming on the contours of the new DZire, IMO. In fact, I barely noticed the cars as they came from the front, and only the redesigned headlamp sections and the front grille made me realise that those were the new-gen DZires.

I still think Oxford Blue looks the best on the new DZire, followed by Red.

As for my booking, I had to cancel it with a heavy heart because the person for whom I had intended to buy it (my Dad, as a replacement for his Swift) has been taken sick for the past 1 month and is under medication.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 12:50   #302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those who are finalising the all-new DZire as their next purchase, see if you can avoid the White shade for the lower variants (L_i & V_i).

I came across 3-4 such cars on the roads yesterday and, quite frankly, the shade looked very ordinary and underwhelming on the contours of the new DZire, IMO. In fact, I barely noticed the cars as they came from the front, and only the redesigned headlamp sections and the front grille made me realise that those were the new-gen DZires.

I still think Oxford Blue looks the best on the new DZire, followed by Red.

As for my booking, I had to cancel it with a heavy heart because the person for whom I had intended to buy it (my Dad, as a replacement for his Swift) has been taken sick for the past 1 month and is under medication.

Agree. White does not showcase the new design and gets lost in the innumerable Dzire Tours that you see on the road. Varun Motors in Hyd has a white VDI AMT version available for immediate delivery and the Sales person was trying to push me for that, how ever i rejected.I am inclined towards the brown color

Wish your dad a speedy recovery.
zaveed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 14:19   #303
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

I am 5'11.

Yesterday checked out new DZire. When i sat at the back my head was touching roof easily.

I hope this car is never launched as a Taxi in future. It cannot take tall people at the back, unfortunately.
DCEite is offline  
Old 12th June 2017, 16:04   #304
Newbie
 
manaljain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Indore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Hello fellow BHPians, I'm planning for the Zxi trim of the new Dzire and already got it booked. The delivery is scheduled for this month's end. And as the GST is going to be imposed from July 1st 2017, so I need some advice whether I should take the delivery this month end or the beginning of next month ? Will the prices increase or decrease after the implementation of GST?
manaljain is offline  
Old 13th June 2017, 00:37   #305
BHPian
 
Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Hello fellow BHPians, I'm planning for the Zxi trim of the new Dzire and already got it booked. The delivery is scheduled for this month's end. And as the GST is going to be imposed from July 1st 2017, so I need some advice whether I should take the delivery this month end or the beginning of next month ? Will the prices increase or decrease after the implementation of GST?
I am in the same dilemma. Have booked a ZXI+ AMT and delivery is expected anytime after 20th June. Initially I thought that prices will increase after GST. However as more details emerge it seems highly likely that the Dzire price would probably decrease by 1-2%. So not sure what will be best time for taking delivery. Though postponing delivery is not really in my hands. Don't want to end up in a situation where prices decrease just a week after I took delivery . Wondering whether I can push the dealer for any free accessories in this case
Djay is online now  
Old 13th June 2017, 01:41   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madras,Modena
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 664 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those who are finalising the all-new DZire as their next purchase, see if you can avoid the White shade for the lower variants (L_i & V_i).
Maruti's best looker among current cars in white's got to be S-Cross. Nothing else comes closer. A white Dzire has an infamy of being mistaken for a taxi. Pump attendants are auto-tuned to identify it as a diesel

Even the Sherwood Brown looks so-so in pictures. As you say, Oxford Blue and Gallant Red are among most attractive.
narayans80 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 04:26   #307
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Saw a ZXi+ standing near my house! The car is definitely a looker from the front. Had a premium paint job and the chrome looked great too.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:31   #308
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Can someone confirm the AC console on the VDI AMT would be the one on the left hand side on the below pic (numbered 1). If that is the case the brochure said the VDI AMT would display the outside temperature, would the outside temp be displayed on the MID?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-console.jpg  

zaveed is online now  
Old 13th June 2017, 09:46   #309
BHPian
 
meetgds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Can someone confirm the AC console on the VDI AMT would be the one on the left hand side on the below pic (numbered 1). If that is the case the brochure said the VDI AMT would display the outside temperature, would the outside temp be displayed on the MID?

Thanks
Yes, the AC console on VDi variant would be the same as the left pic. The outside temperature would be displayed in the MID.
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 10:24   #310
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 115
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Can someone confirm the AC console on the VDI AMT would be the one on the left hand side on the below pic (numbered 1).
Yes. Even ZDI also has similar one. Only top end ZDI+/ZXI+ get the touch screen (pic 2).

Quote:
If that is the case the brochure said the VDI AMT would display the outside temperature, would the outside temp be displayed on the MID?
Yes, it comes on MID.

I am also currently contemplating new Dzire. I am looking at petrol variants only as my weekly run is not that much. I would really like to go for automatic version as the car will be used by my wife also (mostly in city areas). She prefers hassle free and relaxed driving. I on the other hand do not want to compromise on the fun and control over gears/pickup etc possible in manual transmission (especially for occasional highway driving).

I took test drives of both AGS and Manual variants of new Dzire and Baleno over the weekend. Manual gear shift in Dzire was slick and at par with Baleno gear box.

Surprisingly, the AGS in Dzire felt smoother than its counterpart in smaller cars like Celerio. Driver gets a very mild gear change feel for 1st and 2nd. After that it is butter smooth. It accelerates smoothly and quickly. It is not a problem at all for quick overtakes.

Baleno CVT was definitely smoother than the Dzire AMT. But, I was not able to see the acceleration required for quick overtakes. Pressing the accelerator was not resulting in quick pull after 50 KPH. I was not able to overtake a Swift running in other lane! Not sure if the test drive vehicle had some issue or I encountered the so called rubber band effect. Also, there is no Manual control except the sports mode toggle.

I am planning to take another round of test drives. For Dzire AGS I want to check the drive on inclines, at slow speeds and in our parking area. I am worried about the long term AMT issues that Celerio and Alto K10 owners are facing. I read that thread completely yesterday. If this does not work out, I will stick to manual variant (zxi+).

I am also waiting for the official Team-BHP review, just to make sure that there are no (negative) surprises. Any ideas when the review would come out?
naughtyfaction is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 13:53   #311
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Yes, the AC console on VDi variant would be the same as the left pic. The outside temperature would be displayed in the MID.
Wish it was available atleast in the AMT as standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
I am planning to take another round of test drives. For Dzire AGS I want to check the drive on inclines,
i did this test with the Petrol AMT driving on the incline to reach the parking space, while there RPM did went high a bit , it was able to do it. Will still suggest you testing it out.

Last edited by zaveed : 13th June 2017 at 14:00.
zaveed is online now  
Old 13th June 2017, 15:18   #312
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,697
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Last weekend I was in hills (HP) & saw a customer's new Dzire (+ seen a couple in NCR as well). Following are my observations:
1. The car is wider, as it is based on Baleno's platform.
2. The font end does not look appealing, & the chrome grill is bad IMO.
3. The rear design is as bad as Xcent.
4. The height seems lower than older Dzire, mainly because of wider stance & coupe inspiration in design.
5. The profile view is best at it highlights the balance/ harmony in design despite being sub-4 meter car.

Gets a Thumbs-Up from me for overall appearance... I know that engine & dynamics are sorted for a Maruti-Suzuki in general, & in particular, for Swift/ Dzire.
CARDEEP is offline  
Old 13th June 2017, 15:29   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: B'lore / Mysore
Posts: 2,590
Thanked: 4,460 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

As per my sources, Maruti has instructed to keep the deliveries on hold. I am not sure if it's for all the cars. This would be one of the reason for just 9k cars shipped last month from factory. The culprit is entire steering assembly. Maruti is sending new assemblies to the dealers and they are replacing it in delivery cars. Here is a pic of new Dzire undergoing the procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-img20170613wa0077.jpeg  


Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th June 2017 at 15:32.
Dr.Naren is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 15:45   #314
Senior - BHPian
 
humyum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Leicester/Mumbai
Posts: 2,275
Thanked: 2,115 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Saw the New Dzire while driving to office today, it was a diesel variant and the first thing that struck me about it while driving behind it was that its 'WIDE', felt much wider than the current as well as the older dzire from its appearance atleast, also the lower stance than the older dzire accentuated the wider appearance.

The front end with the DRL's being on looked okay, I think its an acquired taste more than something which you will start liking from the word go. After looking at the Dzire what I felt was that when the Swift launches in this shape and form, it will truly look like a super hot hatch with the wide and low stance, I already have the hair on my hands standing just thinking about how good it will look.
humyum is offline  
Old 13th June 2017, 17:16   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
As per my sources, Maruti has instructed to keep the deliveries on hold. I am not sure if it's for all the cars. This would be one of the reason for just 9k cars shipped last month from factory. The culprit is entire steering assembly. Maruti is sending new assemblies to the dealers and they are replacing it in delivery cars. Here is a pic of new Dzire undergoing the procedure.


And the dealers in Noida/Ghaziabad are claiming that they haven't received clearance from RTO yet, thats why not a single car has been delivered till date.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caught testing! The 2017 Maruti Dzire CRtorquefan The Indian Car Scene 295 27th April 2017 20:38
DZire gets fulfilled : 2013 Silky Silver Maruti DZire Vxi dZired Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 14th July 2014 11:39
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled rockporiom Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 86 18th November 2013 16:26
Suspension upgrade for Dzire (Maruti Swift Dzire) Murugan Modifications & Accessories 15 12th September 2010 12:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks