Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th May 2017, 14:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Renewal of Learner's Licence?

Dear Mods

I searched the thread for this topic, but could only find information related to DL renewal and nothing on LL renewal. Hence I created this thread, please delete/Merge as appropriate.

My wife has a 2 wheeler LL that is due to expire towards the end of the month and I want her to continue to ride a little more before I go for a DL. I do not want to engage agents and want to get the DL done the right way. We got the LL also done without an agent and hence I want her to get more comfortable with the scooter. I searched online and on our forum as well, but there doesn't seem to be a procedure for getting the LL renewed. Can anyone help? this is for KA03 RTO in Bangalore, but I am guessing the procedure may be same across the country. TIA
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 14:45   #2
BHPian

Default re: Renewal of Learner's Licence?

Renewing a learner's license is another routine procedure in the RTO. It is very similar to getting a new LL, except that a test is not required. Normally the LL is returned the same day with another stamp on it extending the validity by another six months.
Nalin1 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 15:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

So, we have to visit the RTO and this cannot be done online? I was hoping for the easier option of doing this online. Are there any other documents that need to be submitted?
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 15:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@dass; I guess so. It is very rare for someone to want a learner's license renewed. Therefore, when you go off track, then normal channels may not work.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 17:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'm not a 100 percent sure of the procedure, but as per my knowledge you would just need to get the LL once again just like you did the first time. When i got my license(in ludhiana,PB) there was no test taken in the learners stage. So i guess it shouldn't be much of an issue but i believe the individual has to go there, since they take a photo and a signature at the time(its also a proof that you were there to get your license)
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote