Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th May 2017, 17:54   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Service Discounts from authorised dealerships?

I am not sure if this is a new trend or one that is just in the luxury car segment but I got a service call reminder for my S-class today since it's due for its 2nd year service. The person from Shaman Mercedes informed me that they are offering 20% off on labour and 40% off on parts!

The only time I have seen savings on service is when one takes an AMC however flat fat discounts on service is news to me. Kudos to the dealership and MBIL for starting a discounting war on not just cars but also service.

Let's keep the thread active for all service related discount news from dealerships so others can choose the right authorized service station to visit.

Last edited by Sahil : 15th May 2017 at 17:56.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 19:01   #2
BHPian

Have been getting calls since forever for my captiva from the Chevrolet dealer with 10 to 15% discount on everything and early bird extras too.
Generally happens at start of summers and winters too when they organise camps and give discounts too.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 20:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Service Discounts from authorised dealerships?

Dunno if it is by luck (so called) or not, but the past 3-4 services I've done all have been during the service camps of Hyundai, named as Summer Camp/Monsoon Check/Special Camp etc and the offers if I'm not wrong were flat 10% on parts and 20-30% on labor (or something of that sort.) Anyway I must've paid an average of Rs.4k odd during those services saving close to maybe Rs.5k for the 3 put together, if one can call it a saving i.e but its considerably lower since taxes too come down due to the overall lesser amount.

If one counts the body wash, interior clean, dashboard polish and tyre cleanup etc (which in 3M will cost Rs.1.8k by itself) then the service cost is almost next to nothing. The only problem with such camps is that the service centers are usually flooded but even then I've seen that service advisers and mechanics alike are usually on their toes during this season because its a company-authorized camp and feedback is taken seriously and they deliver vehicles in quick time of 3-4 hours without suggesting all the extra unnecessary work that they are otherwise only famous for.

Not sure if these kind of camps will continue every year but for now its perhaps a few hundred more bucks in our pocket which may get wasted at a restaurant or an outing 10 minutes after picking up the car from service.

But as the saying goes, an offer is an offer.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 21:25   #4
BHPian

Default re: Service Discounts from authorised dealerships?

I always get service discounts for my WagonR and Swift whenever I renew my insurance (National Assurance) through the Maruti dealer.

The discount given is as follows:

Paid service labour - 40%
Wheel Balancing and Alignment - 50%
Engine oil - 10%
Any unscheduled visit Labour - 15%

I use the first three coupons at yearly servicing and save a cool 800 to 1000 bucks each year.

The quote given by Maruti dealer is more or less the same I get via policybazar.
Sherlocked is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 15:39   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Service Discounts from authorised dealerships?

I have seen this trend start in Kolkata first time this year, at least by my Maruti ASS. Was offered a total discount of 10% flat on my servicing bill which on my Dzire VXI amounts to a cool 500-700 bucks. I cant complain on the money saved.

Last edited by GTO : 17th May 2017 at 10:35. Reason: Language & Punctuation
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 18th May 2017, 13:26   #6
BHPian

Default Re: Service Discounts from authorised dealerships?

A trick to ensure after-sales revenues
VaahanYogi is offline   Reply With Quote