Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 20:47   #31

I had booked W8 AWD last week. Today , Ananth cars rep informed that they have stopped W8 AWD manufacturing. They will be introducing the 170bhp in w9 variant !! Does anyone has more insights ??
Old 15th August 2017, 15:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk13 View Post
I had booked W8 AWD last week. Today , Ananth cars rep informed that they have stopped W8 AWD manufacturing. They will be introducing the 170bhp in w9 variant !! Does anyone has more insights ??

Going by this the launch should be real close. But there is hardly any noise about it on the web. August was the mentioned time of launch by many automotive forums but nothing has been heard at all since then. Wonder why so much secrecy from M&M.
Old 10th September 2017, 19:18   #33
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Hi

is there any updates on this ... am in the market for a car and a bumped up XUV will definitely be interesting
thx
Old 12th September 2017, 12:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1017 View Post
is there any updates on this ... am in the market for a car and a bumped up XUV will definitely be interesting
Autocar India website has an article about some heavy discounts being offered on the XUV500. I think this maybe a stock clearance step before Diwali launch of the updated XUV500. Only the more plugged in folks must be aware of the impending release of the updated car.
Old 12th September 2017, 14:58   #35
BHPian

The Mahindra showroom in front of my house spoke of XUV700 which is due to come in by end of this year. They did say it will be a higher powered version and will come with features like live navigation etc. However, no technical specs are known to them yet.
Old 5th November 2017, 20:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any updates on this? Looking to go for another XUV (AWD Auto this time) as the current one has crossed the 150k warranty period. Increased power and improving on certain areas with slightly increase in price would be a no brainer option for me.

Edit: https://bharathautos.com/2017-mahind...ine-power.html

Quote:
We won’t be surprised if Mahindra introduces a petrol variant on the facelifted XUV500, as the company has invested around Rs 1000 crore towards the development of a new family of petrol engine, and also confirmed the launch for this fiscal year. It may be recalled that a refreshed version of the XUV was launched in 2015. Thus, the 2017 update will be the second facelift for the first-gen XUV500. The new XUV500 is expected to be introduced by the end of this-year, possibly around the festive season.
Petrol version?? Interesting

Last edited by Surprise : 5th November 2017 at 20:25.
Old 5th November 2017, 21:35   #37
BHPian

With the weight of the XUV, the petrol versions efficiency won’t be anything to write home about. Will be a dead horse from the get go, I’m sure. It’s not as if people are clamouring for a petrol version anyway.
Old 7th November 2017, 13:37   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
With the weight of the XUV, the petrol versions efficiency won’t be anything to write home about.
XUV weighs about 1.8 tons which is on par with modern vehicles of this size and actually much lighter than comparable offerings from Tata.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 17:59   #39
BHPian

The refreshed XUV5OO could come with a new front grill and cosmetic tweaks to the bumpers along with the increased power output. Interiors to remain more or less unchanged.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_5030.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs-img_5031.jpg  

Fulcrum is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 03:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
The refreshed XUV5OO could come with a new front grill and cosmetic tweaks to the.
Though it is too early to comment, it looks like the grill design is inspired by old-style home window grills we normally get fabricated from local fabricators.

In my opinion, the current grill design is decent.
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 09:42   #41
BHPian

I remember vaguely that one of the earlier generations of the cCdillac Escalade used to have a grill similar to this. In my opinion this grill does not suit the XUV much. I wonder why the Mahindra design language is going downhill of late. I fully understand that looks are subjective. But while it is very difficult to design a stunning looking automobile, surely it must be equally easy to avoid designing an ugly one, or making an existing design worse!
Lone Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 11:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Though it is too early to comment, it looks like the grill design is inspired by old-style home window grills we normally get fabricated from local fabricators.

In my opinion, the current grill design is decent.
These are the exact same thoughts that crossed my mind too when I saw it.
Fulcrum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 18:12   #43
BHPian

With Pininfarina in their portfolio, M&M could have asked for a thorough interior upgrade and perhaps leave the outside the same way. The console is the single most responsible factor putting people off buying this otherwise well priced and well-stocked car.

M&M, if you're reading this, take heed and get your priorities right. I say this as a stockholder of your company as well. Your sales have stagnated, share price stagnated. Company value and pride of owning any vehicle from your stable is negligible (sans Bolero). After the sub 4m compact sedan category, in India, the 10-20 lac SUV market is the second goldmine and you guys are shaking rusty steel.
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 07:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/new-rexton-suv-21612/

Quote:
The company is also considering a seven-seater premium SUV to challenge the likes of Toyota Fortuner & Ford Endeavour. If media reports are to be believed, Mahindra will launch the all-new G4 SsangYong Rexton in the Indian market in the second half of 2018.
Quote:
Based on body-on-frame chassis, the new Rexton SUV is 4.8 meters in length. Powering the SUV is a 2.2-litre diesel engine that is good for 187bhp and 420Nm of torque. Both manual and automatic versions of the SUV will be on offer.Previous reports suggest that this SUV could be sold under Mahindra badge. Adding to it, the SUV could be called Mahindra XUV700. In India, we believe this SUV could be priced in the range of Rs 20 lakh to Rs 25 lakh
How do they position the revised XUV5OO (AWD AT) with 170 BHP?
Old 29th November 2017, 12:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
With Pininfarina in their portfolio, M&M could have asked for a thorough interior upgrade and perhaps leave the outside the same way. The console is the single most responsible factor putting people off buying this otherwise well priced and well-stocked car. After the sub 4m compact sedan category, in India, the 10-20 lac SUV market is the second goldmine and you guys are shaking rusty steel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
How do they position the revised XUV5OO (AWD AT) with 170 BHP?
Totally agree. M&M need to up their game considering the efforts Tata has put in and its showing in their new launches that Tata wants to change its image. With a new SUV planned Q501 on Discovery platform, it could be the new benchmark for the SUVs in under 25 lac segment

Last edited by Zappo : 15th December 2017 at 12:22. Reason: Corrected the quote.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed