Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th June 2017, 20:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift being tested

Hyundai Elite facelift spied, rear tail light visible in spy shot.

Name:  HyundaiElitei20faceliftalloywheelspy.jpg
Views: 2486
Size:  37.3 KB
Name:  HyundaiElitei20faceliftfrontspy.jpg
Views: 2475
Size:  31.8 KB
Name:  HyundaiElitei20facelifttaillightspy.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  32.9 KB

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th June 2017 at 20:58.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 07:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's i20 facelift in Europe, testing begins. Looks set to adopt the family grill.

Could be different from the Indian version.

Quote:
as the Indian market Elite i20 has been seen several times already. But it looks like the two won't share their design completely.

This i20 facelift clearly has a new grille design - you can see it pushing up against the camouflage tarp. The old hexagonal look is getting edges down the sides, much like we see on the i30 and the 2018 Hyundai Sonata. But the main difference is the placement.
Quote:
Looking elsewhere, we see that the i20 has some refreshed fog lights integrated into a much cleaner bumper design, as well as what is likely to be LED projectors
Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift being tested-spyshots2018hyundaii20faceliftlookssettoadoptfamilygrille119049_1.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift being tested-spyshots2018hyundaii20faceliftlookssettoadoptfamilygrille_1.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 Facelift being tested-spyshots2018hyundaii20faceliftlookssettoadoptfamilygrille_6.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th July 2017 at 07:54.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 08:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's i20 facelift in Europe, testing begins. Looks set to adopt the family grill.Could be different from the Indian version.
Could be, could not be too. The Indian photos (as is the norm with most Indian photos) are taken with extremely poor resolution cameras with poor auto-focus and lighting.. the photos taken of test cars abroad are taken with cameras that have rapid focus and image stabilization.. even cars moving at high speeds will appear still and remain stable. The best photos of moving cars should be taken from 1080p videos, just record the whole passing-by and choose the frames where the shot is crisp and clear. The Indian variant has the same tail-lamps with horizontal stripes a-la i30 and if one can see the photo of the India-spec model above, it can be seen clearly that the headlamps swoop more downwards with the bumper being visible just above it before being hidden by the camo-cover. I guess the tiny grille portion connecting the two headlamps are no more there, instead the lights will meet the single grille just before it tapers down into the cascading shape.

Hope it comes with sunroof I feel its nice to have a small slot to look above into. It also needs to have every practical feature as standard including split folding rear seats, rear wipers as default, seat-belt adjusters, vertical split boot space with false floor, speed activated auto-locking of doors, MID etc, just as in the European variant.. if not then this so called "facelift" is of no use.

Last edited by dark.knight : 4th July 2017 at 08:50.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 10:59   #19
BHPian

As dark.knight mentions, I don't think it's gonna be different from the i20 we get here. There may be feature differences but the European i20 itself won't be much different from our local counterpart. Looking at both spy shots, I can deduce that the body shell is the same and so are the tail lights. Unlike some other Hyundais, i20 is an exclusive European model designed and engineered in Europe and Hyundai have been consistent in launching the latest iterations here, give or take a few months. I reckon they'll follow a similar strategy again.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 21:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's i20 facelift in EU- closer look and rendered,

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote