Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th June 2017, 08:23   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Fuel prices to be revised daily from June 16, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The next step of this (when price updates become fully automated/remote) is demand based variation - so no two pumps may have the same rate, albeit differences may be in single or double digit paisa only.
Yesterday I saw a difference of nearly Rs.1.6 between 2 HP petrol pumps about 5 kms apart, neither of them COCO. This is in Hyderabad.
jetti is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 09:26   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Yesterday I saw a difference of nearly Rs.1.6 between 2 HP petrol pumps about 5 kms apart, neither of them COCO. This is in Hyderabad.
Similar sighting in Bangalore:

IOCL website said 57.75 for HSD
One bunk just outside the city: 59.x ( this was immediately after Peenya on Tumkur Road)

I filled @ 57.95 at a Reliance bunk in the city.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 10:05   #63
BHPian

Quote:
There shall be differences in price among HP, BP and IOC, and further differences between COCO & franchisees.

The next step of this (when price updates become fully automated/remote) is demand based variation - so no two pumps may have the same rate, albeit differences may be in single or double digit paisa only.
Yes, you have a point there about different companies. However, the rate that I had quoted for was IOC Chennai and the pump was an IOC pump at Chennai as well.
swissknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 13:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Yes, you have a point there about different companies. However, the rate that I had quoted for was IOC Chennai and the pump was an IOC pump at Chennai as well.
Are pumps posting these prices in large fonts which one can notice from the road, or you have to get in and check from the dispensers?

Is there any direction from the govt/court/oil companies on this?
If not, this is a glaring omission.

Because in WB, I am yet to see any pump posting daily prices in large fonts which is easily visible from road.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 13:18   #65
BHPian

These 2 pumps which I noted had it on LED displays that were visible from the road. In fact that's how I noted the price difference, while driving by.

But I did not see the same in other pumps. In fact display is not of much use if they are so free to price the products. The prices should probably be published on the OMC company websites and newspapers and websites should publish that like the stock prices and weather prediction

And action should be taken if the pump uses this as an opportunity to increase prices according to will.

Quote:
Are pumps posting these prices in large fonts which one can notice from the road, or you have to get in and check from the dispensers?

Is there any direction from the govt/court/oil companies on this?
If not, this is a glaring omission.
jetti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 14:03   #66

Wanted to know why the prices fluctuate on weekends? Shouldn't Friday's prices hold till Monday morning considering that Commodity and Forex markets are closed on Weekends in India (as well as in the Rest of the World).
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Petroleum dealers call nationwide strike on July 12.

Quote:
The All India Petroleum Dealers' Association has (AIPDA) called a nationwide petrol pump strike on July 12, protesting against the oil marketing companies' failure to install 100 per cent automated system at the pumps and lack of transparency in the daily dynamic pricing mode
ET
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:55   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Wanted to know why the prices fluctuate on weekends? Shouldn't Friday's prices hold till Monday morning considering that Commodity and Forex markets are closed on Weekends in India (as well as in the Rest of the World).
Here in Germany, there is dynamic pricing scheme and the price varies during weekends too. Usually on mornings it will be costlier than evenings. On weekends it will be expensive than weekdays and pumps in Autobahn are costlier than those on cities and local roads.
gopi_rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 10:51   #69
BHPian

I have been told one of my relative who owns an HP pump, that dynamic pricing will be achieved by eventually using new model fuel dispensers, where the price of fuel shown in the dispenser itself is controlled remotely/electronically by the Oil company concerned.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 19:43   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/tops...cid=spartanntp

Dealers still resisting daily price revision factors
condor is online now   Reply With Quote