Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 15:25   #1
BHPian
 
DriverR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 324
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

I happened to come across this site that has several mock tests for Learners and Driving Licence for India, updated as per the 2017 manual.

Driving-Test.in

I took one of the tests and left it midway after getting about 4 answers wrong. I guess I need to update my knowledge on the driving rules in India.

I think this will be a good site for anyone who wants to practice before taking the actual test.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2017 at 12:39. Reason: small typo, thanks for sharing :)
DriverR is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 17:35   #2
BHPian
 
rajivr1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 246 Times
Default

Nice link. Took the test some time back and managed to pass. Results below:
Attached Images
 
rajivr1612 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 17:45   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

A very good site. Took all 7 tests and cleared them. took 2 attempts to clear 2 of them ;-)

there is explanation for question you didn't answer correctly.

I recommend everyone to take the test to refresh their memory.

There are questions like: How much space should be there between your brake pedal and the floor of the car
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 17:59   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I happened to come across this site that has several mock tests for Learners and Driving Licence for India, updated as per the 2017 manual.
Thanks. Gave a couple of tests and passed in both. On the second one I just scored 66 %, but still was passed. I thought you needed 80% to pass the test.
GJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 14:34   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,033
Thanked: 670 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Thank you Driver R. This is a very good website. Really helps drive the rules in without much effort. I took the test and got 2 wrong answers, but loved the concept.

I do hope this is made mandatory for everyone both while issuing a learners licence and again while issuing the permanent licence. Heck they should make it mandatory even for renewals.

Wish the developers all the best and thank you once again for highlighting this lovely site.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 19:42   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 40
Thanked: 34 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

I also gave 2-3 tests to refresh my memory. Some questions were really new to me, some were wrong as well, i sent feedback for them for those questions:

A few samples as follow:

Name:  11.JPG
Views: 1480
Size:  32.0 KB


Here for PUC right answer was given as 12 months. Actually we get PUC validity as 6 months only.

Name:  12.JPG
Views: 1466
Size:  36.0 KB

Does it means a vehicle without any number? we can drive Temp. registered vehicle, right?


Name:  13.JPG
Views: 1452
Size:  35.2 KB


It says we can't honk near courts. But as far as i remember we can't honk near school as well.


Name:  14.JPG
Views: 1450
Size:  33.8 KB

It says regn. plate should be illuminated with white light - by law.
For so may years we are having yellow light only for regn. plate
Now a days we have very few car having white light for it.
So these many years are we cheated?

Name:  15.JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  41.3 KB

It says long vehicle is turning right of it, so how could it can take left turn - as per their right answer?

Please correct me if i am wrong in any concept.

Overall a very good experience.
tushar_b is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 21:40   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
It says long vehicle is turning right of it, so how could it can take left turn - as per their right answer?
They are specifically talking about long vehicles. A long vehicle may go in the opposite direction to make space for the turn, particularly for left turn.
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 14:31   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
IndigoXLGrandDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Solapur (MH-13)
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post

Here for PUC right answer was given as 12 months. Actually we get PUC validity as 6 months only.
Even I selected four months (as there were following options- Four, Eight, Twelve and Twenty).
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-screenshot_20170705200753632.jpeg


Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
Does it means a vehicle without any number? we can drive Temp. registered vehicle, right?
I had selected None.
May be its not allowed to drive the vehicle even under Temp. Reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
It says we can't honk near courts. But as far as i remember we can't honk near school as well.
Even I had selected School. But it showed my wrong.
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705201145.png


Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
It says regn. plate should be illuminated with white light - by law.
For so may years we are having yellow light only for regn. plate
Even I too was surprised to the result for this question when I selected Yellow Lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post
It says long vehicle is turning right of it, so how could it can take left turn - as per their right answer?
Even I had selected Right Turn.

By the way, after answering every question, a "Why" option gets highlighted
so as to check the reason behind the answer.


The problems faced by me as below-

I got confused with this question-

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705201521.png
Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705203715.png
Now here the Correct Answer is given as "Stay on the gas pedal" in the background and when I clicked on "Why" to know why is it the correct answer, it was shown as- Once a tire blows, you need to stop as quickly and safely as possible. The first step towards doing this is to immediately get off the accelerator. Both are contrary. Which is correct?
Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705203738.png
I had selected Grip the steering wheel firmly. Am I wrong?


Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705223520.png
Here I had selected that the Leaner's License is valid throughout India.
But I was prompted wrong citing the reason that- An Indian learner license may only be used in the state in which it is issued, unlike a full license which can be used throughout India.
Is it really so?

Mock Online Test for Driving Licence-longscreenshot_20170705223537.png
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 15:24   #9
BHPian
 
DriverR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 324
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Here I had selected that the Leaner's License is valid throughout India.
But I was prompted wrong citing the reason that- An Indian learner license may only be used in the state in which it is issued, unlike a full license which can be used throughout India.
Is it really so?

I am not sure of the other answers, but as per previous posts in this forum (Learner's License Of Other State Valid permit to drive in BLR?) and other sites (Link), it appears the test answer is wrong.

Learner's License is valid across India. Looks like this and possibly other wrong answers needs to be highlighted to the website owners.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 16:16   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Even I had selected School. But it showed my wrong.
Attachment 1654807
Same with me.


Quote:
Even I had selected Right Turn.
It is specific for long vehicles as they have take a long turn for their carriage to make the turn too.

Quote:

Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?
I got this wrong too. I also thought we should be countering the skid (same as drifting).

Quote:
Now here the Correct Answer is given as "Stay on the gas pedal" in the background and when I clicked on "Why" to know why is it the correct answer, it was shown as- Once a tire blows, you need to stop as quickly and safely as possible. The first step towards doing this is to immediately get off the accelerator. Both are contrary. Which is correct?
I had selected Grip the steering wheel firmly. Am I wrong?
I also have this question. Can any expert comment on this?


Quote:
Attachment 1654811
Here I had selected that the Leaner's License is valid throughout India.
But I was prompted wrong citing the reason that- An Indian learner license may only be used in the state in which it is issued, unlike a full license which can be used throughout India.
Is it really so?
They have corrected this. I had selected throughout India and it was cleared.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 16:28   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,220 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Now here the Correct Answer is given as "Stay on the gas pedal" in the background and when I clicked on "Why" to know why is it the correct answer, it was shown as- Once a tire blows, you need to stop as quickly and safely as possible. The first step towards doing this is to immediately get off the accelerator. Both are contrary. Which is correct?

I had selected Grip the steering wheel firmly. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong.

Because, the question asks: which of these should you NOT do

As for whether or not you should stay on the gas pedal, there's a whole thread for that: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...t-blowout.html (ARTICLE: How to handle (and prevent) a Tyre Burst / Blowout)


Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Is it true that we should steer into the skid if the Car begins to skid?
Yes. Turning away from the skid would only increase the chances of spinning out.

Eg. You are turning right, the car begins to skid (ie. go further to the left than desired) -- to 'catch' traction again, you should turn into the skid (ie. left), rather than turning further right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I got this wrong too. I also thought we should be countering the skid (same as drifting).
"Drifting" (ie. opposite lock) is considered 'turning into the skid'. I think the terminology used is what leaves room for confusion here

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th July 2017 at 16:30.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 16:46   #12
BHPian
 
centaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: --
Posts: 684
Thanked: 723 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Managed to clear all of them in the first attempt riding the logical wave than knowledge of the rules (sorry to be admitting that). Many of the questions felt straight out of a Moral Science text book from school. While it definitely increases knowledge, or should I say, gives you a good lesson of being an ideal motorist, reality is far different from this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_b View Post

Here for PUC right answer was given as 12 months. Actually we get PUC validity as 6 months only.
This was the only question I got wrong in my first test. i was looking for 6 months but that wasn't even an option

EDIT - thanks to my Dad who religiously follows all hand signals, I was able to manage all of them correctly, else I wouldn't have got most of them right

Last edited by centaur : 7th July 2017 at 16:54.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 17:49   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,397
Thanked: 841 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

PUC can be had for 1 year also. When I had a Swift diesel it was the PUC guy who told me that I can get a 1 year PUC by paying 100 bucks extra. Not sure how much of it went in his pocket and honestly I didn't bother because prior to that I always used to get 6 months validity.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 19:27   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
IndigoXLGrandDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Solapur (MH-13)
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Yes, you are wrong.

Because, the question asks: which of these should you NOT do :-D
My Bad. I did not read the question "properly".
I thought it asked what should you do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Yes. Turning away from the skid would only increase the chances of spinning out.

Eg. You are turning right, the car begins to skid (ie. go further to the left than desired) -- to 'catch' traction again, you should turn into the skid (ie. left), rather than turning further right.
Here too I got confused with "point the tyres to which direction when vehicle skids".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
I think the terminology used is what leaves room for confusion here :-)
You nailed it right!


EDIT: -
On a side note, while giving this test, I came across many new questions, which I did not hear, read (previously) or even think that such questions might exist..

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th July 2017 at 11:50. Reason: 2 smileys max please
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2017, 19:40   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 174
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Mock Online Test for Driving Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
PUC can be had for 1 year also. When I had a Swift diesel it was the PUC guy who told me that I can get a 1 year PUC by paying 100 bucks extra. Not sure how much of it went in his pocket and honestly I didn't bother because prior to that I always used to get 6 months validity.
My understanding is that PUC is valid for 1-year for BS-IV vehicles.
And for 6 months for all other vehicles (BS-II, BS-III etc.)

Last edited by srvm : 7th July 2017 at 19:43.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving Licence to go online in Bangalore. Launch on Oct 7th '13 Warwithwheels The Indian Car Scene 34 18th March 2016 09:50
Lost my driving licence. Then got a challan for rash driving! DNM Street Experiences 36 2nd March 2011 16:25
mock engine needed...help please xtreme power Shifting gears 6 11th May 2006 21:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks