Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th November 2006, 12:26   #106
BHPian

Can understand the passion for the Palio 1.6 but what about 1.2? I am not questioning rather trying to understand!
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 12:41   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
. Could you point out where i ridiculed the baleno or your passion for it, please, because i cant see it anywhere.

Quote:
. I guess instead of the baleno, the esteem & the lancer should have been included alongwith the Honda City. Baleno really does not have the looks to qualify. I love the baleno, but really cant see anything to be passionate about

There u go....Your question and ur answer..
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 13:35   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass
I suggest we share passion for our cars than kill some one else's passion or excitement.
Point taken. My intention was not to kill someone's excitement. I hope you also read my post again to get a better idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Who the hell is asking for your Support? Is Fiat India or we Palio owners??? We care a damn if people support our choice or not
If you are offended by it, just ignore the post or share your ownership experience of your Tractor!!!
Not at all. I am really amused . My sincere request is not to take that attitide on the road.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 15:04   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
Can understand the passion for the Palio 1.6 but what about 1.2? I am not questioning rather trying to understand!
What's there not to be passionate about .. Apart from the extra (blissful, I might add) grunt that the 1.6 provides, everything else remains the same. Like the 1.6, the 1.2 is also -
robust, well-built, a dream to drive, great value-for-money, spacious and gorgeous
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 15:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower
There u go....Your question and ur answer..
does that sound like a ridicule ? if it does, i am sorry. it was only my opinion. i do believe i have the right to air my opinion. Everybody is passionate about everything they own, from a small mobile phone to a big house. the passion never ends. We are passionate about 'this' car, because we bought 'this' car & will not like to be told otherwise. it would be the same if you had bought 'that' car instead of 'this' car. I guess I believe in a different kind of passion & i dont see practicalities in that. it is a logic defying, out of the way passion. i would sweat & fret to make it happen.
Quote:
Being passionate about your car is not just retorting to any bad remarks made about it in a forum. In that case, i would have to jump into most conversations in what car when people call the esteem a lot of names as also with many other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
You have full rights to do it, nothing wrong about it.
nope, i wouldn't do that. its their opinion. if they are saying something like parts are not available, then i would say they are wrong. if they have an opinion which is opposite to mine, so be it.
BTW, the esteem is not my passion, but my esteem is my passion. The esteem is a good car just like any other car. but iam passionate about MY esteem. tomorrow, it might be MY Baleno or MY Honda City/Civic.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 14th November 2006 at 15:20.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 18:06   #111
Senior - BHPian

It seems that some people just cannot digest the fact that there are people out there who actually love the palio. All I can say is "grow up". the very essence of free speech is not just the freedom to air your views, but also giving your fellow beings the freedom to air theirs, and learning to live with that.

I'm afraid that this thread has degenerated into another Fiat v/s others slugfest and i request the mods to step in and close the thread.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 11:49   #112
BHPian

lets have a vote how many here own palio or baleno 1.2 or 1.6, lxi or vxi lets talk only the brand,
I own a baleno (2nd time), the reason why I like it
1. its fast
2. its a family car
3. its not expensive to maintain
4. its relaiable
5 the suspension is really good (no problems even after 80000kms)
6. its quiet inside the cabin
7 for its price it has all goodies (VXI= climate control, tilt steering, height adjstment seat , alloys, mp3 player, power antenna, electrically adjustable ORVM, power windows, front arm rest, rear armrest, sdjutable wipers,
8 good fuel efficiancy 12kmpl in city with climatronic, 16 kmpl on highway
9. The ac is pretty good
10. with fat rubber it handles well

I rest my case
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 13:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Logged into T-BHP after few days and first thing I found was this thread. Let the battle continue, especially good ol' Pro-Anti Fiat

I, for one, never cared about popular opinion about Fiat and don't think would care in near future. I love my Petra and that is it. Period. If anyone has issues with it or car, that's his/her problem
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 15:40   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
if you are so passionate about something, then you don't cry for support either. people who defies common view should have the guts to stand alone also, right?
You said it Knight. Absolutely. Thats a real good point you made.
I some time feel is this really passion or the stockholm syndrome like something???
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:30   #115
BHPian

Default the same thing was not said for vernas sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
You said it Knight. Absolutely. Thats a real good point you made.
I some time feel is this really passion or the stockholm syndrome like something???
What about thousands of vernas being sold in a week after launch, etc... blah blah ?

It reminds me of boil frog syndrome.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:45   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally posted by Amit
I would also be driving a Accent, Santro, Indica etc with a thoroughly bored look on my face.
Quote:
originally posted by goldie malhotra

Buying a particular car and loving it is not a crime, calling every other car a dull piece of junk, however
Boring doesn't mean junk and junk doesn't mean boring. There were plenty of Alfa Romeo's few years back in Europe that were absolute pieces of junk but were a hoot to drive. I don't see the word "junk" used in my comment. I would have bought the OHC with my eyes closed but I will say it loud and clear that the NHC is a boring car to look at and to drive. That doesn't mean that the NHC is junk does it? Except for the san storm, I believe none of the cars sold here today are junk. Too bad that you dissected the statement differently.

Coming to the Fiat owners being highly vocal part, I believe the opposite is actually true. God help you if you say the Palio is a worth buy, the anti-fiat members are as vocal about bashing the car and the fiat owner as Palio owners are about sharing the cars pro's here. I don't know about other Palio owner's but I have sensed this hostility here pretty clearly. Also, most palio owners will easily tell you the faults with the car and the company but how many times have you read a Honda owner openly talking about faults with his car? In this months ACI, in the AAA section there is a guy who bought a new Honda Civic that had faulty engine mounts. If it was some other brand, there would have been a topic here bashing that car maker for poor quality. If someone suggests that the Palio is a good buy, we have comments suggesting that the Palio is being recommended because the owner is biased or wants everyone to make the same mistake that they made. You are actually made to feel guilty for liking this particular car here and thats one of the reason's you don't see a long term update about my Palio here.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 17:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Guys, think before making such statements. Baleno is quite a beauty if you really look, see this.
You know it Samurai. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Not everyone has the keen eye...
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 18:33   #118
BHPian

i own a red palio 1.2 sport,
i love the car coz:
it handles like a dream,
looks awesome,and also for
the fiat ferrari relation.
tif0si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 18:49   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Coming to the Fiat owners being highly vocal part, I believe the opposite is actually true. God help you if you say the Palio is a worth buy, the anti-fiat members are as vocal about bashing the car and the fiat owner as Palio owners are about sharing the cars pro's here. I don't know about other Palio owner's but I have sensed this hostility here pretty clearly.....
Well said amit. Although I'm a newbie here at team-bhp, I've seen this biased hostility toward Fiat as a brand (and Palio especially) first-hand from a lot of people. The case of a colleague of mine is classic. She is a Santro owner. When she test-drove my car, she passed comments like -
"Nice, big car .. I like the color"
"Beautiful front .. Headlights look so nice"
"Two tone interiors .. looking good re"
"Wow !! your gear shift is 'makkhan' (butter-like smooth) .. It wobbles on my Santro"
"Powerful AC .. "
"Mileage ? 12 is not bad yaar ..I get 13 in city"
"So silent inside the cabin.. "
"Comfortable seats .. "

.. and some more .. But, in the end, after she got out of the car, she said something like - ".. but after all it's a Fiat .. I'd prefer a Santro anyday .. " - to say... As if to say this is a great car despite the fact that Fiat made it .. Bah!

To be fair, other friends/colleagues had good things to say too .. the best of them all being - "Khara, you've made a convert out of me .. "
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 18:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
My bro owns a palio 1.2, take my word i feel its the most amazing hatches in our country....there have been very few which have even come close....

ride a palio to know why we love palio....i own a zen ....but for long drives....palio gets my vote.....
sharu is offline   Reply With Quote