Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th August 2017, 22:21   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Nice move by Maruti. An AMT on higher variant should widen its appeal. However, is this car doing well? I mean, I hardly see any Ignises in my town. I have seen same number of Hexas as Ignises, both launched around same time. May be Ignis is eclipsed by its own stablemate Baleno which just shows no sign of abating.

I really struggle to believe that Ignis is selling 4-5k/month. Of course, it's low for a Maruti.

I don't recollect seeing a single Ignis in Chennai and I have been keeping extra attention on the road for the last 6 months during my car shopping period. As all know, you never skip seeing a passing car for its make, brand and variant during this period.

I'm not a strong believer in anecdotal exeriences over data but just expressing my surprise here.
Yieldway17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 09:40   #17
BHPian

I look at the Ignis as a retro, modern rendition of a WagonR/Ritz with all the features that an aspiring young customer looks for. Agreed the price may be a tad higher, but then literally the entire industry is moving a segment up in terms of pricing.

The new Dzire AMT in particular is quite nice to drive in everyday traffic and is quite a convenience. The Ignis too feels the same and is quite convenient. Hardly any competition for AMT/AT hatchbacks.
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 02:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I really struggle to believe that Ignis is selling 4-5k/month. Of course, it's low for a Maruti.

I don't recollect seeing a single Ignis in Chennai and I have been keeping extra attention on the road for the last 6 months during my car shopping period. As all know, you never skip seeing a passing car for its make, brand and variant during this period.

I'm not a strong believer in anecdotal exeriences over data but just expressing my surprise here.
So, I'm not alone. In fact, I probably saw more Hexas than Ignis. Just didn't want to be machinegunned here by some very vocal bhpians. Couple of my friends said the same. Hardly any Ignises on roads. I was wondering if folks of Vizag city had boycotted this car.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 11:28   #19
BHPian

With the alpha amt launch the car becomes one off the few automatic cars available in top trim with its easy to drive nature and good service backup for the elderly and new drivers especially ladies. From that view point it's a win win situation. I highly recommend it and am sure to book one during this festive season for my better half.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote