Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2017, 16:20   #466
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Finally got to see my ride today when I went over for a pre-registeration check on the vehicle! Hope to take the delivery in this week with all RTO formalities done
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20171004_125143.jpg  

Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-img_20171004_125109.jpg  

Hells Bells is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 01:14   #467
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Finally got to see my ride today when I went over for a pre-registeration check on the vehicle! Hope to take the delivery in this week with all RTO formalities done
Congratulations on your new ride!

Where are you taking delivery from? Vinayak? or Tafe?

Did you make the payment after PDI?

Vinayak Cars told me there are no cars available at the moment. How long did they take to deliver your car?
Maibaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 01:53   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and enjoy your vRS for many years and thousands of kms! Please be extra careful of washing by dealer and emphasize to them about not creating swirl marks on the pain etc. Nowadays, waterless washing is also causing issues.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 06:38   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal View Post
So, finally the day I had been waiting for- the delivery date of my own VRS.
29th September- I was finally handed the key of my new lady.
@ Kush Agarwal, Congratulations on purchase of this beautiful beast in that great grey color. It looks smashing in the falling evening rains.

Quote:
Now to the ride itself- I have a very important question- Do I need to Run In/ Season the engine for 1000km odd, or can I use all 230 horses from the word go.
A friend of a friend purchased a Skoda Rapid and was advised about running in the vehicle for the first 1000 kms. With new car ownership blues being what they are, he decided to speed up the running in process by doing multiple Mumbai Pune Expressway runs on a lazy Saturday morning.
I am not suggesting you do this too, but it seems a fun way to spend time with the vehicle and get that pesky run in completed faster.
Have a great ownership and wishing you miles & miles of blissful memories with this beautiful vehicle.

Cheers.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 08:29   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congratulations on your new ride!

Where are you taking delivery from? Vinayak? or Tafe?

Did you make the payment after PDI?

Vinayak Cars told me there are no cars available at the moment. How long did they take to deliver your car?
I am taking it from TAFE. The attitude of Vinayak Motors was a huge turn off so I did not pursue with them after the first interaction.

I made the delta payment (I did it in chunks) post the PDI. It took them ~2 months to deliver the car and I will admit I got lucky to catch a blue (a red would have also done for me) this late in the cycle. Else, I was all set to wait till Jan of 2018 otherwise!
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:02   #471
BHPian

Quote:
So, finally the day I had been waiting for- the delivery date of my own VRS.

29th September- I was finally handed the key of my new lady- and what a beauty she is; worth every single second I have drooled over her- and spend countless hours watching every single video on Internet which said "VRS"- impatiently waiting for this very day.

The pictures you see will tell you exactly how I felt- the mile long grin on my face only partly expresses my emotions the moment I set my hand on her.

First- a friends of mine also picked up one on 21st- So first stop after bestowing God's blessing on my ride was to catch up with him for a photo opportunity. The fact that mother nature decided to open up only set us up for some better photos. Fact- My friend has been riding his VRS in Mumbai for 9-10 days, and mine was only the second one he saw on road-

Now to the ride itself- I have a very important question- Do I need to Run In/ Season the engine for 1000km odd, or can I use all 230 horses from the word go. I am trying really hard to keep my right foot under check- but it does act naughty once in a while- and the resultant sound and acceleration only widens my grin. I am in big trouble.

I liked the ride comfort, and did not find it too stiff or firm as observed by some friends here- However, that is just my opinion.

The sounds she makes when upshifting in sports mode is absolutely insane. I was literally the centre of attention where ever I went. One, she looks like nothing on road, Two, Steel Grey- what a colour (For any one in doubt about Steel Grey as an option- please go for it- you will only thank me later- the colour has attracted so many compliments already, wohooo!!), and Third- the way she sounds- she is a dream machine in every sense of the word.

The equipment list is already known to all- she is loaded to the T. By the way- for the uninitiated- I just discovered that if you connect to your car through Skoda One App, using mirrorlink- you can see all car Telemetric data on either phone or car display- for the child in all of us. HP, Steering Inputs, Brake, Throttle, G load etc etc- only thing not registering is Torque value- thought the dial is provided?? Wondering how to get to work. Any suggestions or tips.

Enjoy the pictures.
Quote:
Congratulations!! Wish you many miles of joy with your new rides!

So I called the dealer to tell them to refund my booking since they've been going around telling people that they had 2 RS booking but had to cancel them(funny how I wasn't informed about this). And now suddenly I get a call from the dealer principal and he arranged a white car for me for Diwali delivery in 15 minutes.

But looking at the dealers attitude has completely put me off.

Will be looking to pick up a 530d by end of year now.
Old 6th October 2017, 09:31   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Default vRS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Because its Octavia RS. The v is not english letter "V" but is a Diacritic – the caron, háček ( ˇ ). Its put there to let Skoda use the RS (vRS) moniker because RS is owned by Ford.

So when its written Octavia vRS it should be read as Octavia RS. v doesn't stand for Victory Rally Sport, Victor Rally Sport or Very Rapid Skoda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
It is applicable in the UK market where Skoda calls it vRS officially and everywhere else including India it is called RS. Logos remain the same and the v is ˇ from ŠKODA. Probably there was an agreement between both Ford and Skoda in the UK to differentiate between their the RS'es because Ford owns RS.

Attachment 1665786

Maruti's Swift and Ciaz RS probably means "Racy Stickers" or "really Stupid". For Maruti RS only started to make some sense with the launch of Baleno RS which probably mean "Reasonably Sporty".
For more clarification from the English horse's mouth. I had to dig this up.
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-vrs.jpg

Skoda themselves had mentioned it in one of their old brochures but I didn't think it was necessary to save it for future use. Anyways the link is the one in the post below and it doesn't work now.
Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs-vrs2.jpg
Old 6th October 2017, 10:57   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please check my thread's latest post.

Ensure you dont have the same problems.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 11:17   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please check my thread's latest post.

Ensure you dont have the same problems.
Thanks! So I now need two things to be clear on with the dealer:
  1. No slimey stuff in the tyres
  2. Spacers are indeed removed

I just spoke with the dealership and the Sales Rep mentioned they got the confirmation from Skoda only yesterday that the spacers should be removed! What BS. Do other Octavia's do not come with spacers during their transit?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th October 2017 at 11:23. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use edit option when replying within 30mins.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:23   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke with the dealership and the Sales Rep mentioned they got the confirmation from Skoda only yesterday that the spacers should be removed! What BS. Do other Octavia's do not come with spacers during their transit?
Can you also check if the spacers are only in the front or at the rear too?
Old 6th October 2017, 11:30   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Can you also check if the spacers are only in the front or at the rear too?
Nikhil,

I checked and the SA mentions it is only for front struts, not the rear. However, I also checked on how many spacers are there on each and I was told one. Clearly, they have got the count wrong. So I have asked him share the pics of the number of spacers once they remove it from my car today. Again, the question being - are spacers not standard in all vehicles? Going by their reaction, it seems to be a "new directive" which they were not aware of earlier.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:35   #477
BHPian

Wow! That is scary. Pay 30L plus to get a beautiful product and then keep fingers crossed hoping these idiots have not messed up something. The problem is they always do!

I am now really wondering to go ahead or not with my booking.
Old 6th October 2017, 21:25   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Why not stretch a bit more and get the new 530i? I have been very happy with this car and meets your criteria of a brand new model which will stay fresh for the next 7 years. I have the same requirement as you to buy only all new models at the start of their life cycle. The difference in ex-showroom prices between 330i M Sport and 530i sport line seems to be only about 7 lakhs, unless you are getting a big discount on the 330i.
Exactly what I considered. But after some discussion with the family, decided to wait till December and pick up the 530d. I know, I'm letting go of the petrol engine,but the inline 6 is still a perfectly decent engine.
Old 6th October 2017, 22:34   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil,
Again, the question being - are spacers not standard in all vehicles? Going by their reaction, it seems to be a "new directive" which they were not aware of earlier.
Exactly what I was asking in the other thread. They are standard in UK for example on Superb...
Old 8th October 2017, 22:35   #480
Senior - BHPian

Autocar V Box results :
0-60 : 3.47 sec
0-100 : 6.65 sec
0-140 : 11.74 sec
1/4 Mile : 14.96 sec

Braking
80-0 kmph : 22.37m / 2.32 sec

Source : Autocar India October issue

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th October 2017 at 22:36.
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread