Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 07:42   #481
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 9,798
Thanked: 14,902 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

First Lot of New Skoda Octavia RS Sold Out. This means that all the units allotted for the Indian market have been sold out.

The next batch will be available by February 2018.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th October 2017 at 07:43.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 20:15   #482
BHPian
 
avinash_clt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eindhoven/KL11
Posts: 316
Thanked: 852 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Exactly what I was asking in the other thread. They are standard in UK for example on Superb...
The springs on Octavia/Superb sold in UK are shorter than the ones used as part of rough road package springs in India (which is standard in cars for India and optional in EU). This could be a reason if spacers are not used in the standard Octavia/Superb dispatched to dealerships in India.
avinash_clt is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 13:45   #483
BHPian
 
Hells Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Anyone has a clue on how exactly does maneuver braking works in Octavia RS? It flashed on my matrix display during a particular crawling traffic and I got the sensation of braking being applied on its own!

I have tried reading up on it in the Indian version context but haven't seen any specific content.
Hells Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 14:19   #484
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,768
Thanked: 4,216 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Anyone has a clue on how exactly does maneuver braking works in Octavia RS? It flashed on my matrix display during a particular crawling traffic and I got the sensation of braking being applied on its own!

I have tried reading up on it in the Indian version context but haven't seen any specific content.
No... that's not it.

Put your car in reverse gear, then start backing up towards a fixed object(a wall or somethibg). Keep a close eye on the camera to ensure you dont actually hit it. Be slow.

As you go too close, the car will brake itself. Very abruptly and with a huge jerk.

That is manoeuvre braking.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:12   #485
BHPian
 
Hells Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No... that's not it.

Put your car in reverse gear, then start backing up towards a fixed object(a wall or somethibg). Keep a close eye on the camera to ensure you dont actually hit it. Be slow.

As you go too close, the car will brake itself. Very abruptly and with a huge jerk.

That is manoeuvre braking.
Nikhil,

That is what I have read too which is why I couldn't figure out why I got the message and the jerk while crawling forward in the traffic. Unless I engaged reverse without knowing it! Let me keep an eye out for this further.
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:19   #486
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,580
Thanked: 1,171 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No... that's not it.

Put your car in reverse gear, then start backing up towards a fixed object(a wall or somethibg). Keep a close eye on the camera to ensure you dont actually hit it. Be slow.

As you go too close, the car will brake itself. Very abruptly and with a huge jerk.

That is manoeuvre braking.
A little bit like the City Safety Assistance (or whatever Volvo calls it), in the S60?
Had driven that, and on a round about it auto-applied the brakes as it felt it was on a collision course with another vehicle/obstacle.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 15:33   #487
BHPian
 
Hells Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
A little bit like the City Safety Assistance (or whatever Volvo calls it), in the S60?
Had driven that, and on a round about it auto-applied the brakes as it felt it was on a collision course with another vehicle/obstacle.
I guess the Volvo feature was independent of the direction of the car? The Octavia one is mentioned in the context of reversing so I am wondering if the rear sensors still got confused with a car in the rear even when I was not in reverse?
Hells Bells is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 11:23   #488
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,737
Thanked: 6,297 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Nikhil,

That is what I have read too which is why I couldn't figure out why I got the message and the jerk while crawling forward in the traffic. Unless I engaged reverse without knowing it! Let me keep an eye out for this further.
Were your parking sensors coming on automatically? Because the braking works for objects in front too. If the sensors were on, and you were too close to someone even while moving ahead, it would brake.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 11:35   #489
BHPian
 
Hells Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Were your parking sensors coming on automatically? Because the braking works for objects in front too. If the sensors were on, and you were too close to someone even while moving ahead, it would brake.
Ohh. Akshay, you sure on this as then I can't keep the sensors setting to automatic in Bangalore considering how close the traffic creeps up!

I have them off as of now as I was looking to check out the setting either ways but with this insight, they remain off for this setting. It was very disconcerting to find myself getting braked when I had applied none. My first thought was - crap, is this what I have read on Skoda all along! Things happening with no explanation.
Hells Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 11:51   #490
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,737
Thanked: 6,297 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Ohh. Akshay, you sure on this as then I can't keep the sensors setting to automatic in Bangalore considering how close the traffic creeps up!

I have them off as of now as I was looking to check out the setting either ways but with this insight, they remain off for this setting. It was very disconcerting to find myself getting braked when I had applied none. My first thought was - crap, is this what I have read on Skoda all along! Things happening with no explanation.
Yes I think it happened to me once too, so figured it must have been the auto braking. But to confirm why not try it out, how nikhil mentioned, except in the forward direction?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 02:59   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,903
Thanked: 1,547 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

The has to be the first time a true performance edition of a car has sold out. If you look at your options right up to 50 lac, the vRs is about the only car that is performance oriented. The rest are all badge jobs with 2l diesel engines.

I guess practicality is important in our market. The VW GTI could not achieve this.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 08:15   #492
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 159 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Ohh. Akshay, you sure on this as then I can't keep the sensors setting to automatic in Bangalore considering how close the traffic creeps up!

I have them off as of now as I was looking to check out the setting either ways but with this insight, they remain off for this setting. It was very disconcerting to find myself getting braked when I had applied none. My first thought was - crap, is this what I have read on Skoda all along! Things happening with no explanation.
There is a separate option in HU for Maneouvre braking in my Superb - you should check if vrs has the same - you could turn this OFF.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 08:29   #493
BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 667
Thanked: 927 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
First Lot of New Skoda Octavia RS Sold Out. This means that all the units allotted for the Indian market have been sold out.

The next batch will be available by February 2018.

link
The link doesn't give the numbers sold. Any idea?
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 10:01   #494
BHPian
 
Hells Bells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
There is a separate option in HU for Maneouvre braking in my Superb - you should check if vrs has the same - you could turn this OFF.
Yes, there is and I have switched it off for now till I get to test it out as Akshay mentioned.
Hells Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 10:32   #495
BHPian
 
esma1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia vRS spotted in Mumbai. EDIT: Launched at 24.62 lakhs

I've had Manoeuvre braking on since I've been driving the RS and feel it's worth keeping on for Mumbai. It has stopped twice for me when bikers rode across my front when I was about to join a road and once when I was going to reverse into another car during night time. All 3 instances were at crawling speed when the parking sensors were on automatically, so no issue of getting rearended.

Last edited by esma1981 : 19th October 2017 at 10:40.
esma1981 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh RavenAvi The Indian Car Scene 140 17th July 2017 19:25
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 52 9th June 2016 10:41
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs! Aditya The Indian Car Scene 101 23rd February 2016 18:51
Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs amithsebastian The Indian Car Scene 30 23rd May 2015 17:49
Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1 mtnrajdeep The Indian Car Scene 278 9th August 2013 18:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks