Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th August 2017, 15:37   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti to Revamp Dealership's too

MSIL has announced rebranding of its retail outlets in the country and these would now be called 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'. Promising a premium experience to its customers, the company said its main objectives are to provide a sophisticated and technologically advance option to prospective customers.

As part of this massive operation, 80 of the 2050 dealerships across the country will upgrade in this financial year itself.

http://m.timesofindia.com/auto/misce..._campaign=show
SwapnilNalavade is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 22:58   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018

Saw this New True Value Outlet coming up, on the Ranchi Outer ring road:

Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018-20180409_175556.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2018, 21:24   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018

Even the True value outlet near our place is getting revamped, the updated one looks like a proper car showroom. I hope that their way of doing business also improves, a normal customer is forced to pay more for the same car, which a small time car dealers gets for cheap.

At least in Assam this is how a True Value showroom works. Lets take a 07-08 Alto as an example, first that car would be exchanged with a new Maruti car for around 100k, which looks like a fair price to the original owner. Then that Alto would be transferred to the true value stockyard, if a normal customer like me goes to buy that car, the price quoted would be around 170-180k. Which is fine by me, if there is demand you can quote any price you like.

But there is a catch, not many guys would buy that alto for 170-180k (which is way above the market value), so a normal guy would ditch Maruti true value & visit the small car dealers. Now, the Maruti true value guys would sell the same Alto to a small car dealer for around 110k. The small car dealer would take the car & if needed will change the odometer reading & put an add on OLX for 150k. So finally the customer would buy the Alto from a small car dealer for 145k & will be happy with the price as it is lower than the price quoted by true value. He/she doesn't know that the original owner sold the car for only 100k.

I have gone through a similar kind of thing. During my cheap car hunt I used to visit every true value outlet, car dealer etc. So I went to a true value outlet, first I was shown the cars which were true value assured & frankly the price quoted were absurd. Anyways I told them I want something cheap, they then directed me to their stockyard where a SA accompanied me. In the stockyard there was this ZEN, which was 02 make & had done around 110k km. I asked about the price, then my SA replied that it was recently sold for 60k. Hearing the price I was shocked, all the other cars (mainly M800 & ZEN) which I had seen were quoted above 100k.

Anyways I left the place. Within the next few days I saw an advertisement on OLX for a 02 ZEN, done around 50k km, price quoted was 80k (fixed price). So, I made a visit to the car dealer, it was the same car which I had seen in the True value outlet with the odometer reading changed to 55k km. About a year later I got to interact personally with a used car dealer, the first question I asked him was that why the difference in price quoted to a customer & to a car dealer. He replied that he buys 5 cars every month & we the customer only buy 1 car very 5 years, so it is beneficial for the true value guys to have a good relationship with them rather than us. I believe the true value guys are also payed extra by the car dealers.

Here is a photo of the upcoming true value showroom:

Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018-true-value.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 14th April 2018 at 21:41.
chiranjitp is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 08:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

There's one opened recently like two months back. Run by RKS Saboo @ Kompally.

Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018-img_20180416_071646.jpg

Maruti revamps True Value, to set up 150 dedicated dealerships by March 2018-img_20180416_071833.jpg

Looks more like a new car showroom rather than a used car showroom.

4 of my colleagues have purchased cars from here and all are happy to be treated the same way as a new car buyer.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 13:41   #20
BHPian

One of these true value outlets is operational in Chinchwad as well.

While coming from Pimpri take a right turn towards nakshatram society at the akurdi signal (Khandoba Chowk). This new outlet is opposite Ador welding and Nakshatram society.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2018, 10:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

On NH4 bypass section in Pune, new True Value outlets are very strategically placed, one is next to Nexa outlet and another is next to Arena outlet. Maruti just ensures that customer doesn't have to look elsewhere.
sukiwa is offline   Reply With Quote