Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th December 2006, 21:46   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Some pics...for Estilo ..

Hmm.....Its definetely a she , I dont know what made me think that way , but somehow my mind kept addressing as ' her '. She is kinda cute from the front end . The body lines upfron looks quite chick , though a bit spark-ish

From the side she looks a more rounded version of Wagon - R , nice but not breathtaking or chick , just manages to look like a current generation design . Wheel caps look quite out of place on this car, wish they had gone the smart way

Now this is almost a wagor - R , I mean the older one ...just that its more curvy....

Interiors ..........., is it good ? I found it quite acceptable ...infact I found it quite good . The Beige finish gives it a more upmarket feel with the shade not being too light to maintain.

Headlights gives the front end a lot of character !

Side mirrors are ideal for city driving large and well placed.

Vents taken out from swift looks good , though the same cannot be said about its solidity.

I havent driven the car yet (the gear shift sucks !, I mean the way the gesr is slotted) . So apart from that I mean the driving aspect of it , I think she is not that bad a car . In Diesel guise , ...she will certainly pull in good numbers.

Last edited by maxbhp : 13th December 2006 at 21:51.
Old 13th December 2006, 22:31   #167
BHPian

Hey, nice pics! I am kinda begining to like it now
Old 13th December 2006, 23:29   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

MAn! Looks real good...

Any day... Anyone can say its a better looker than Santro...
Old 13th December 2006, 23:48   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Gotto feel sorry for the Matiz. After years of waiting in the wings its finnally on the way to launch....now overshadowed by the Estillo.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:20   #170
BHPian

The overall design is very modern & Maruti did it again this time.First with the Swift & now. But not too sure about the Estilo's success in our market, but i am sensing a strong demand for the old generation Zen for the power hungry maniacs.

Last edited by nikibusa : 14th December 2006 at 00:24.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:39   #171
BHPian

where are the safety equipement???No airbag , no ABS , where are modern equipement like comand for the audio on the steering wheel CD player , automatic A/C??Need more modern features.A car marketed in India must get modern technology

Last edited by abdul 65 amg : 14th December 2006 at 00:40.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:50   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg View Post
where are the safety equipement???No airbag , no ABS , where are modern equipement like comand for the audio on the steering wheel CD player , automatic A/C??Need more modern features.A car marketed in India must get modern technology
For you information...

The Zen estillo comes with options of airbag, and ABS... (The competition... hasnt got them as options)

as for commands of audio on steering wheel, auto climate control... Out of the question... Its not a luxury car here.... Its a basic entry level car.... no one will buy it with all the features at a very heavy prize...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th December 2006 at 00:54.
Old 14th December 2006, 08:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Gotto feel sorry for the Matiz. After years of waiting in the wings its finnally on the way to launch....now overshadowed by the Estillo.
Maruti will have a definite edge when they launch spark coz by that time am sure Estilla Madame will have 1.3 multi heart transplant.
As you have said late entry seems to be a disease that has caught GM , and its appearing almost incurable . They have killed their success in a way due to the same reason.
1.Tavera ---- Should have laumched along with qualis
2.OPtra------ Should have launched along with corolla , and they should have launched the diesel version earlier, I just hope they dont launch it alongside Fiat's saloon coz if it does its going to be another victim of the prevailing disease.Fiat I feel can safely price it till 11 lacs provided the information and specification that media has let out about the forthcoming sloon from the Italian major is true.
3.Aveo------ Should have launched alonside Fiesta with a diesel option .I still dont understand why they made this blunder, it seems to be car having no inherent strength.
Now , what ever I have said may be a complete crap , but as a normal Indian going by logic , this is what I felt .
Old 14th December 2006, 08:50   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
1.Tavera ---- Should have laumched along with qualis
2.OPtra------ Should have launched along with corolla , and they should have launched the diesel version earlier, I just hope they dont launch it alongside Fiat's saloon coz if it does its going to be another victim of the prevailing disease.Fiat I feel can safely price it till 11 lacs provided the information and specification that media has let out about the forthcoming sloon from the Italian major is true.
3.Aveo------ Should have launched alonside Fiesta with a diesel option .I still dont understand why they made this blunder, it seems to be car having no inherent strength.
Now , what ever I have said may be a complete crap , but as a normal Indian going by logic , this is what I felt .
Not at all crap... In India, a diesel option makes a lot of sense... However, GM doesnt have many diesels in their range, even globally... Right???

Optra diesel, with be launched early next year... GM's president for asia- pacific has declared that in an interview... Fiat Linea is still only a scoop... No confirmed reports or declarations that it will come to India...

Aveo is also going to have a diesel, acc to GM... But... Since they dont have one off the shelf for it... The diesel option will take a copuple of years coming... (I Guess, by that time, fiesta TDCi and verna CRDi would have smashed the competition)
Old 14th December 2006, 09:07   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not at all crap... In India, a diesel option makes a lot of sense... However, GM doesnt have many diesels in their range, even globally... Right???
Yes but they can esily source them from Fiat or anyother manufacturer or they could even go the hyundai way. Get the whole thing designed by detroit diesel or any other firm coz world is really going the diesel way . You just cant sit and say " oops sorry ! , we dont make them....but instead why dont you buy a petrol , I can give you a very good deal ! "-

Like you said I dont think the Fiat Linea is going to materialise as per media hype , I mean it sounds too too too too good to be true . Imagine the car beig badged as a Alfa with a 1.9JTD pumping out 140 bhp , Holy God ! pray for Skoda and anything near it ....coz I dont think u can make a car so beautiful, me being a Maserati fan , I am praying everyday , if not for 8 lacs, for an Alfa till 12 or 13 lacs sounds VFM , considering 4600 mm over all length and a wheel base equivalent to Corolla there can be nothing , I mean nothing wrong with the car provided they Adhere to the same level of buitl quality shown in their earlier days . Here am saying earlier days coz I own a Sienna 99Dec , she has done 111111kms and she is still going strong, and with the AC switched off, the engine can sing a different tune .......hmm...and I drove some of the Fiats , I mean post 2003 ones and its not the same ...specially dashboard with a rattles and squeaks .

Last edited by maxbhp : 14th December 2006 at 09:09.
Old 14th December 2006, 21:00   #176

Hi guyz,

I m planning to buy my first car very soon. Had almost finalized the new Zen. Then, just today, I checked Ford India. They are launching CNG version of ikon flair 1.3. Just wanting to have ur feedback over it. Coz fitting CNG in the zen would cost me another 20-25 K. If I added it to the Vxi model, it will be 4.2 (on road pune)+ 1)K (accessories) + 20 K (CNG) = 4.5 L. So, I was wondering, if I add 50K more, I can buy the entry level sedan wi CNG company fitted. What say ?
Old 14th December 2006, 21:43   #177
Senior - BHPian

@andy Think you should have posted in the what car section.you are talking of Fitting cng in the zen estillo right.Where are the cng filling stations in pune?LPG yes but did not know of cng filling stations in PUNE.
Old 14th December 2006, 22:35   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Gents
Please dotn go off topic. andymehta, please start new topic if you wish to.
Old 15th December 2006, 05:06   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
i've heard its highly abrasive for the engine... Is it true???
As far as Drop in power, Maintenance & initial cost is concerned LPG is any day better than CNG.
Old 15th December 2006, 16:15   #180
BHPian

I had a look at Estilo today.

Positive: Looks
Negative: Less leg room

Nothing gr8 to write about other features or price.
Closed Thread