Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 16:16   #241
BHPian
 
vasoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 930
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain.ram View Post
KL-01-AX-01 number auctioned yesterday at Trivandrum RTO for 7.26 lakhs. It was for an Audi. This is the highest auction amount in Kerala for a fancy number. Around 10 people were present for the auction.

KL-01-AX-09,08,07 are for auction coming week and 50 guys already registered for these numbers.

Are keralites so much crazy about fancy numbers!!

.: Kerala Motor Vehicles Department :. REGISTRATION DETAILS

Go to the above site to find out the owner names and models of these cars. AX-01 is shown as a Beemer 5 or 7 series (530d or 730Ld), not Audi.

Last edited by vasoo : 26th March 2010 at 16:18.
vasoo is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 26th March 2010, 16:30   #242
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,498
Thanked: 145 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

I hope mine qualifies here too, Paid nothing, cause the company i took this car over from(lease) paid for it


Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 12:16   #243
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 178
Thanked: 67 Times
Talking Lucky You

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I hope mine qualifies here too, Paid nothing, cause the company i took this car over from(lease) paid for it

Pramod
Pramod you are lucky to get that 7777 free of cost
You would be surprised that 777 and 7777 are most sought after numbers in Mumbai after 9, 99, 999, 9999 & off course the Bestest number - 1.

I had paid 12,000 for my Santro number 7777 wayback in 2002 ( 10,000 reciept + 2,000 chai pani as said by dealer)

In 2008 when i booked my Innova and wanted the same number, RTO Mumbai had raised the premium of 777 and 7777 to Rs. 50,000
That was a big Jump and set me thinking is i should be paying so much. That amount would finance 1/3rd of my ICE for the Innova
And to top it up, all the Toyota Dealers in Mumbai quoted exhorbhitant Chai-Pani. I was said Chai-Pani would go upto Rs.25,000 as there was huge demand for this numbers and they have to spend a lot at RTO to get it.
So 75 K it was for a 7777....
Finally agreed to take it and guess what ?
The numbers have been pre booked by some corporate and were not available. I asked the RTO official if i can get it any other way, legally off course. He said you can pick up the number from any other series ( i.e. from a 2 wheeler, autorickshaw, Truck, Bus etc )
The only catch is that they cost thrice as much and it takes 10 days procedure to get the approval.
Wooooah... so 7777 would cost me 1,50,000 + 10,000 chai pani. n that too cos i took the trouble of going to RTO directly.

Dumped the idea of this 7777 fixation and decided to go for 5050
That would cost 7,500 + 1000 chai pani
Bad Luck is on my side. that number is gone.
Did not want to compromise on the number as i was gonna keep the Innova for at least 5 - 6 years.
So decided to take 5050 from another series
got it from the two wheeler series
Paid 22,500 official and 5,000 for chai pani due to all added procedures
Got the number in 6 days
And gave the photocopy to dealer for Registration

SO now my innova sports BF-5050
pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:41   #244
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

For chennai you can check the fees here

For first 1000 numbers of starting number of the day
Any fancy number
Starting Serial Number on that day
carbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 15:56   #245
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,449
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Got this number recently - 9119
Cost - Zilch.!
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 19:08   #246
BHPian
 
AbdulRahmanM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 166
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

The numbers of bikes/cars I owned/my dad owned.

2114 TVS 50
3537 TVS 50
3945 TVS 50
7945 Maruti 800
6170 Zen
7767 Pulsar
2626 118NE
9292 Indica
0677 Gs150R(Was planning to go for a paid number, but did not have money at that time, but still not a bad number, what i got TN06 B 0677)
AbdulRahmanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 20:24   #247
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 81
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
This is something crazy. In our entire family we have cars with the following numbers:
5254 (mine!)
8485
9007
5308
3589

At first glance they are not at all VIP numbers. Not even close. If you observe closely, and add the individual numbers and the end result digits as well, you get 7 for all! Thats something I discovered la year back. My family was shocked to the core needless to say! Its weird. I for one cannot explain this. It still freaks me out. What do you guys feel, hidden agenda? Hah ha!!
Well, 9007 is very special. It is 2nd prime number in the 9000 series. Nerds will like that it . It is also name of an asteroid.
gsbhatia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 00:21   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
fx45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,522
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

we have a tempo agency in our city of mumbai he has all his tempo's numbers like

1-11-111-1111-100-200-300 and so on and many are 786 dunno how he gets almost all of them
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:04   #249
BHPian
 
khan75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta/London/Dubai/Delhi
Posts: 371
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Aha! My kind of thread!

Dad's cars from recent memory:
Merc C-class: DL xC 7272
Esteem - DL xC 1000
Linea - DL xC __ 4321
Chevy Caprice - 50000 (Saudi Arabia)

My cars:
Cruze - DL xC __ 550
GP: no VIP plate, sadly
Over in the US
Cayman - my first name
M3 - POWERRR (with /// etched on at the left so the plate reads /// POWERRR)
911 - my gf's first name
Miata - ATL MX5 (that's Atlanta MX5 in case you were wondering)
RS6 - 1112
khan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:38   #250
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Visakhapatnam
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

My Numbers

Maruti 800 xxJ 969 (sold)

Indigo xxAD 969 (Sold last week)

Kinetic Blaze xxB 969

Innova xxB 3969

Honda city xxBF 969
ravipamidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 18:28   #251
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,660
Thanked: 4,252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain.ram View Post
KL-01-AX-01 number auctioned yesterday at Trivandrum RTO for 7.26 lakhs. It was for an Audi. This is the highest auction amount in Kerala for a fancy number. Around 10 people were present for the auction.

KL-01-AX-09,08,07 are for auction coming week and 50 guys already registered for these numbers.

Are keralites so much crazy about fancy numbers!!
Nope, KL-01-AX-1 is not a Audi but a Monaco Blue BMW X6 30d.

People In Kerala are indeed nuts for fancy numbers(and that include me too ). But that is not the priciest in Trivandrum, it is KL-01-AW-1 which went for the highest quote that is northwards 8 Lakhs.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 19:36   #252
BHPian
 
diecast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 88
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Number for 10L

CHANDIGARH: In a first-of-its-kind, UT administration's Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) earned a whopping Rs 10 lakh for the auction of a vehicle number — CH01AC — on Saturday.

The proud buyer, Sector 33-C resident Narinder Singh Shergill, is an agriculturist.
Shergill bought the number — the first in its series — for Rs 10 lakh against its reserved price of Rs 25,000.

The number that got the second highest bid was CH01AC-0009. It went for Rs 4.70 lakh and was bought by Sector 9-D resident, Dashmeet Singh. The numbers that fetched the third, fourth and fifth highest bids were CH01AC0003, CH01AC0005 and CH01AC0011.

Excited about his latest ‘acquisition', Shergill said, "I had a few dream numbers — 0001, 0002, 0003, 0010 and 1000 and I had applied for these on May 10. I just wanted a good number for my brand new Fortuner, which I purchased on Monday. My budget was Rs 10 lakh."

Shergill, who has studied from Punjabi University, Patiala, has farms in Kurali and Kharar. He is also in the business of real estate.

Initially, there were seven bidders for ‘0001', but after the bid of Rs 7.5 lakh, only two were left in the fray.

The RLA incharge said, "The overall collection has been very good... it is second highest so far. Even some ordinary numbers fetched a good price."

The total bids collected at the end of the day were, however, less than the last time's collections. The auction was conducted under the supervision of RLA incharge Prerna Puri.

Rs 10L number for Rs 20L car - Chandigarh - City - The Times of India
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 19:44   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,025
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Wow, 10L is incredible particularly since the car only costs 20L.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 00:35   #254
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
CHANDIGARH: In a first-of-its-kind, UT administration's Registration and Licensing Authority (RLA) earned a whopping Rs 10 lakh for the auction of a vehicle number — CH01AC — on Saturday.

The proud buyer, Sector 33-C resident Narinder Singh Shergill, is an agriculturist.
Shergill bought the number — the first in its series — for Rs 10 lakh against its reserved price of Rs 25,000.

The number that got the second highest bid was CH01AC-0009. It went for Rs 4.70 lakh and was bought by Sector 9-D resident, Dashmeet Singh. The numbers that fetched the third, fourth and fifth highest bids were CH01AC0003, CH01AC0005 and CH01AC0011.

Excited about his latest ‘acquisition', Shergill said, "I had a few dream numbers — 0001, 0002, 0003, 0010 and 1000 and I had applied for these on May 10. I just wanted a good number for my brand new Fortuner, which I purchased on Monday. My budget was Rs 10 lakh."

Shergill, who has studied from Punjabi University, Patiala, has farms in Kurali and Kharar. He is also in the business of real estate.

Initially, there were seven bidders for ‘0001', but after the bid of Rs 7.5 lakh, only two were left in the fray.

The RLA incharge said, "The overall collection has been very good... it is second highest so far. Even some ordinary numbers fetched a good price."

The total bids collected at the end of the day were, however, less than the last time's collections. The auction was conducted under the supervision of RLA incharge Prerna Puri.

Rs 10L number for Rs 20L car - Chandigarh - City - The Times of India
I wasn't shocked to hear this development considering that Punjab is in picture, for Punjabis it is Live Life Kinng Size.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:04   #255
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore<---->Chennai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravipamidi View Post
My Numbers

Maruti 800 xxJ 969 (sold)

Indigo xxAD 969 (Sold last week)

Kinetic Blaze xxB 969

Innova xxB 3969

Honda city xxBF 969
My Innova KA xx N 696 (Turn around the 3some)
Zoomsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering Old VIP Number to New Car Epic The Indian Car Scene 18 13th July 2014 10:07
VIP numbers, Car stickers and other Power Projectors jimmy_iaf Street Experiences 18 4th September 2013 00:34
Crazy Insane VIP Car in Japan deepakchiniwal Shifting gears 1 16th April 2010 10:23
VIP Car Parking at New Delhi railway station - Rs40 per hour Bubby Street Experiences 21 8th January 2009 09:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks