Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd March 2017, 17:04   #616
BHPian

Default VIP Car numbers

I always pay 20k in DD the RTO to block my number now. I have had the same number from my first Hero Puch Turbo Sport ( my first vehicle). I currently have all cars with the same number. Initially in Bangalore it was a 5k and then it was raised to 20k.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 22nd March 2017 at 17:05.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 19:45   #617
BHPian

Default Re: VIP Car numbers

While buying my car in October last year (MH02 registration), I wanted the same number as my last car's. It was 2819, which isn't a fancy number, but at least it would have been easier to remember. I was told that it would cost me 10k to get it.
However, I'm pretty sure if you want something more exclusive, like 777 or 555, it'll cost much more than that.
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 20:23   #618
BHPian

Actually for us numbers such as 5825 and like aren't fancy, but for the Transport Department, Every number which is beyond the running number is fancy. And for that, they have fixed some price which the person has to pay to avail it. Simply Nonsense thing IMO.

In fact, among all the Government Departments, the Transport Department is the most corrupt. Anyone here working in this particular department, If found offensive, please ignore. This is just my opinion.
CarguyNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017, 17:28   #619
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

My Aspire is getting delivered on the 20th of this month and i am looking for a ''Decent'' number for my ride. I had checked on the Vahan Site (Noida, UP) and it is asking for an ID proof to book a Fancy number which ranges between 3k to 15k.

I want to know if the address proof should have the same address where we live currently(its not)? The address proof is from Kanpur (UP) but i want to register my car in Noida. Is it possible? Anyone who knows an RTO guy in Noida?.
Dev-Gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2017, 12:35   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Hello Everyone,
I want to know if the address proof should have the same address where we live currently(its not)? The address proof is from Kanpur (UP) but i want to register my car in Noida. Is it possible?
Ideally, you will need to have the address proof (one that is acceptable by the RTO) of the place you want to get your vehicle registered at. So if you want a Noida license plate, you will be required to show that you're staying there.

But, YES - It is possible to register your car in Noida. There are agents who will register a car for you in another city, even if you don't stay there. However, I'm not sure what the penalty is if the cops ever investigate (though, I doubt they ever will).
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:50   #621
BHPian

A vanity plate bearing car registration number '0001' in Delhi was bought at a recent auction for Rs 16 lakh, the highest amount paid to date for a fancy number.

Link

Some fun fact from the news article - From 2014 to date, the Delhi Transport department has earned nearly Rs 1.83 crore just by e-auctioning the number "0001" in different series (different strings of alphabets).
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote