Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 17:03   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 399
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose View Post
Speak for yourself please and don't tar others with the same brush
Cheers.
'Filthy' I guess refers to living conditions & general hygiene, not behavior. I dont find anything wrong in that statement. It's a fact.
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 17:14   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose View Post
Speak for yourself please and don't tar others with the same brush
I speak for us all. Wasn't it Naipaul that described the kilometres leading to Mumbai airport as the world's largest public toilet?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 17:23   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
'Filthy' I guess refers to living conditions & general hygiene, not behavior. I dont find anything wrong in that statement. It's a fact.
why shouldn't behaviour be included. we are the most rude & insensitive people in this world. just look around at the chaos everywhere. people pushing each other to reach first. there is no order.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 17:27   #49
BHPian
 
kvish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 596
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

How about informing media about this.

Till then we can post a sticky thread in 'What-car' for people to avoid buying Hyundai cars.

Ofcourse, only if whats being discussed is true.

[I have heard from people working in Samsung that Koreans were very rude, but not sure they were racist.]
kvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 17:31   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

From personal experience, I have dealt with Koreans, and if you treat them as equals, and give no quarter, they give you respect. The same is true of any other race. However, if you go on the regular brown-tripping-on-gora attitude, yeah, they will probably treat you like sh!t. I mean, Indians are just ready to kiss white as.s, and I've seen this right here in India.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 17:39   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
From personal experience, I have dealt with Koreans, and if you treat them as equals, and give no quarter, they give you respect. The same is true of any other race.
Exactly! Well said, young man.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 19:15   #52
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
From personal experience, I have dealt with Koreans, and if you treat them as equals, and give no quarter, they give you respect. The same is true of any other race. However, if you go on the regular brown-tripping-on-gora attitude, yeah, they will probably treat you like sh!t. I mean, Indians are just ready to kiss white as.s, and I've seen this right here in India.
Exactly how I would deal with them. My work in the software product industry gets me working with people from many races/countries etc. In most cases, have no real trouble getting, and giving respect.

Trouble starts when people (normally a generation older) sets the expectation with these folks that we are one country full of a*** lickers. Then, it takes a lot of work to reset expectations. Probably in the case of Hyundai, the senior folks in the plant did too much of you know what... It would take a fair bit of work to get the employees there on an equal footing with the Koreans again. And it has to start from the senior management, at least from where the Indians start in the hierarchy.

Also, these same allegations used to come up frequently against Huawei Technologies and their Bangalore development centers. Anybody know the state of that one anymore?
tadukuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 20:34   #53
BHPian
 
garvit2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default

pathetic what else remark can i give to this situation . someone have to raise the voice for those employees . don't they have any organisation where they can report this matter .
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 22:39   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Probably in the case of Hyundai, the senior folks in the plant did too much of you know what
Only Indian I know there is BVR Subbu (now not there), and I don't think he's the butt-kissing sort.

Maybe our schools need to stop teaching us useless facts about temple dimensions and teach us to be proud of who we are instead.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 22:53   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Shan2nu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hubli - Karnata
Posts: 5,525
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Maybe our schools need to stop teaching us useless facts about temple dimensions and teach us to be proud of who we are instead.
These things can't be taught, they need to be realised.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 23:09   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

I wonder why those employees work under these circumstances especially considering that growing Indian economy has a lot of job opportunities. If they work there without protest and tolerate that behaviour, they will probably get more of it.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 23:27   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,945
Thanked: 16,632 Times
Default

My goodness...

And they have such a nice image in India... I wont recommend anyone to buy hyundai anymore...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 00:57   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Actually, It was the Indians who were responsible for giving the Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans much of their culture during the middle-ages. The Chinese school of Shaolin gained fame in martial arts and started to train their monks in martial arts only after a certain Indian monk called 'Bodhidharma' went to Shaolin and taught the monks there an ancient version of the Indian martial art called 'kalari' !

Even before Bodhidharma went, it was the Indian monks who spread Buddhism in China, Japan, and Korea. Most of the martial arts of these 3 countries originate from Shaolin and person who taught them martial arts was an ancient Indian. Buddhism went to Korea from Indian Gandhara Buddhist School.

Secondly the Chinese system of Feng Shui was again borrowed from the Indian buddhists who practised Vastu Shastra. The Chinese emperor and his subjects worshipped Dragons which was again a practice borrowed from interactions with the Indian Naga empire. In those days the Chinese and the Japanese called the land to their west..i.e. India as 'Heaven' because it was from there that all their knowledge and culture came from.

In the middle-ages arguably most of the culture and arts that these countries had was owed to the influence of Buddhist monks from India.

Off yet on the topic very enlightnening info,must be shown to the offending chinks.........no first to the still getting offended indian masses!!!

thanks lurker one more to my collection of knowledge in indian heritage,
dr fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 01:17   #59
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Only Indian I know there is BVR Subbu (now not there), and I don't think he's the butt-kissing sort.

Maybe our schools need to stop teaching us useless facts about temple dimensions and teach us to be proud of who we are instead.
: 10 times.

Anyway, Owning a Hyundai is something my life is not blessed with I think.

Why do people buy Hyundai's cars?
Not just because they're cheap and bang for the buck. But one of the main reason is their marketing and the way they behave with the customers. And who is responsible for all these? It's indian chaps who work in the showrooms and service stations. I haven't seen any Korean guys spending his so called precious effort on the customers anytime.

So, if our chaps decide to act arrogant with the customers or go down with their customer satisfaction, then you can just imagine what will happen to this Car maker.
Do they think (as they always boast) that their technology, perfection and passion are the reasons why people buy their half baked cars?

Controversies are nothing new for this so called car maker. Their senior most head of the company has been arrested couple a times for fraud and illegal actions. So, their bottom line will just follow them na??

I dunno if I should say this; Hyundai was, is and will be a disaster to Automobile industry. Unless they change! And it's high time!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 01:40   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
:
Why do people buy Hyundai's cars?
Not just because they're cheap and bang for the buck. But one of the main reason is their marketing and the way they behave with the customers. And who is responsible for all these? It's indian chaps who work in the showrooms and service stations. I haven't seen any Korean guys spending his so called precious effort on the customers anytime.
I disagree. Hyundai in India follows marketing practices that are laid down for Hyundai showrooms the world over. It would be naive to assume their sales and marketing prowess is something they conjured up on the fly in India.

Until much after 1990, Suzuki refused to transfer gearbox technology to Maruti. They thought Indians "incapable" of handling it. This smacks of racism. Should we stop buying Maruti then, since it makes a major contribution to Suzuki's bottomline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
:
Controversies are nothing new for this so called car maker. Their senior most head of the company has been arrested couple a times for fraud and illegal actions. So, their bottom line will just follow them na??!
Peter Hartz of the Volkswagen board of directors was recently indicted on charges of embezzlement to set up a slush fund to cater to the whims of union leaders. There are allegations of sexual favours, free airline tickets, and large sums of money. Allegedly, the whole VW board was well aware of this. Should we stop buying Skodas and Touaregs? Henry Ford was a well-known anti-Semite and was greatly admired by Adolf Hitler. No Fiestas then, for us?

We have no one to blame but ourselves for this whole issue.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atrocious sales experience at Arya Honda, Bhandup *EDIT: car now delivered!* sawnilrules Indian Car Dealerships 45 24th June 2014 14:41
Sticky situation... Solar1 Shifting gears 7 5th April 2005 19:52
UPDATE: Road situation - Mumbai / Pune (Aug 4) salil_kulkarni The Indian Car Scene 8 13th August 2004 12:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks