Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th November 2006, 00:44   #16
BHPian

Oh Boy i just love the design, for some reason i find it lot better than the older ver....

just my 2 cents :-)
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 01:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well it's got the latest 2.4L engine, I think we can expect this in the face-lifted Accord too!! Apart from the engine & gearbox the CR-V on a whole is a little disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the looks as the front end looks unresolved compared to the last generation car. Also the price is way too high at 18-odd Lakhs ex-showroom. I think this might go the new Camry way, lots of sales initially due to the Novelty factor & then the demand will taper off sharply.

Not a very good piece of strategy by Honda.

Last edited by iraghava : 29th November 2006 at 01:16.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 02:37   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post

U know what!!! This could be the fastest Indian Honda to date. I'm expecting 100 in around 9 secs.
How would it be quicker than the v6 accord with 60 less horse?

I wonder why the Honda India website does not show the 3rd row seating, the version in america has 3rd row seating. Hope this one has it too!

On the price front, i think it will still sell well. The CRV has evolved as the favourite Honda in Mumbai after the floods last year. First there was an outburst of Accord but the CRV sales caught up every well towards the end of its model change. It has grown to become an executive car, people would not mind paying more to get a more feature packed CRV.

Last edited by Sahil : 29th November 2006 at 02:45.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 02:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Is n't the new Acura RDX is also based on the new CRV?
Yup. It uses a 240 horse turbo version of the K24 and also has the 4wd system from the Legend/RL.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 02:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I wonder why the Honda India website does not show the 3rd row seating, the version in america has 3rd row seating. Hope this one has it too!
I doubt it'll have the 3rd row Sahil. Even the earlier generation did not have that primarily because due to some skewed RTO laws in some states if your car is an 8-seater or more it can ONLY be registered as a commercial vehicle which has its inherent drawbacks especially for well-off families purchasing these vehicles. Primary of them being that they are constantly harassed by the Police for driving a "TAXI" & also many states levy an entry tax on commercial vehicles which they have to pay & consequently get stopped at every check post etc.

It was due to this reason (told to me by a Honda salesman) that the earlier CR-V did not offer the 3rd row & since the laws haven't been changed since then I doubt this one will offer them either.
Old 29th November 2006, 02:51   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I doubt it'll have the 3rd row Sahil. Even the earlier generation did not have that primarily because due to some skewed RTO laws in some states if your car is an 8-seater or more it can ONLY be registered as a commercial vehicle .
Hmmm, My Endeavour has not been registered as a commercial vehicle even though it is an 8 seater. Even my previous Qualis was an 8 seater had no such registration restriction.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 10:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I believe the 6-speed manual version could be. The auto-box in the v6 accord does not lend itself particularly well to drags. And the realtime 4WD would also help in initial traction.

Eagerly waiting for the TD reports !!
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 10:31   #23
BHPian

Even at this price no goodies like xenons, parking sensors or sun-roof? Sad!!
Bomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 10:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, 6 speed manual and 4wd traction. It wont have a higher top speed but it'l be quicker.

The old CR-V itself ws timed at 9.8 secs to 100. That was a 5 speed with 152bhp.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 11:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I doubt it'll have the 3rd row Sahil. Even the earlier generation did not have that primarily because due to some skewed RTO laws in some states if your car is an 8-seater or more it can ONLY be registered as a commercial vehicle which has its inherent drawbacks especially for well-off families purchasing these vehicles.
Not sure if thats correct Ishan as it could be a 7 seater, not an 8 - 2 in front, 3 in the middle & 2 in the last row; thats how it is in the Safaris & the Endeavours (Sahil, yours would also be a 7 seater if I'm not mistaken)
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 16:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Not sure if thats correct Ishan as it could be a 7 seater, not an 8 - 2 in front, 3 in the middle & 2 in the last row; thats how it is in the Safaris & the Endeavours (Sahil, yours would also be a 7 seater if I'm not mistaken)
Could be Suman but I had asked the Honda guys this question & the reply was that due to RTO troubles they cannot sell the 3-seat version. The Qualis was in problems with the 8-seater versions for private sale for the same reason, but seems its been resolved now.
Old 29th November 2006, 16:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Dude, Nikhil, your pics are from somewhere else. They don't have projector headlamps, or the turn indicators on the side mirrors. The Indian version gets them both.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 17:07   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I took some pics from the Indian site and some pics from the Honda worldwide site.....

Couldnt copy the images from the Indian site.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 19:47   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Have they justified the price hike from the older version? In the US there was no significant price hike.

Methinks its gone from SKD to CBU due to the pathetic sales figures and hence the hike.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 01:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am really sorry but the new CR-V looks like one of those ugly Ssangyong SUVs. Also, Honda doesnt seem inclined to bring its ultra efficient 2.4 diesel into India.

One wonders how many people would buy the CR-V if its badge read H-Y-U-N-D-A-I...
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote