Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th December 2017, 09:44   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Polo, Punto, Figo, KUV100, Micra, Bolt and Brio - All these cost similar to this Celerio x. It is going to be a demonstration of might by Maruti to make people buy Celerio over these cars. Its really legendary on its part to make people believe that Celerio is a better bet due to perceived ease of maintenance or better resale. Though competition is trying to catch up by being more attentive to customers, their past misgivings continue to haunt them.
I beg to differ here , except for the tiago Polo, Punto, Figo, KUV100 , Micra , Bolt or Brio do not cost the same as a celerio and are costlier counterparts, also these cars are a class above than the celerio be it in terms of quality or service affordability.
gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 17:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy View Post
I beg to differ here , except for the tiago Polo, Punto, Figo, KUV100 , Micra , Bolt or Brio do not cost the same as a celerio and are costlier counterparts, also these cars are a class above than the celerio be it in terms of quality or service affordability.
I want to clarify my point a bit clearer. I do believe that the lower variants of higher segment vehicles to be having a better level of comfort, power, 'prestige' and safety while not losing out too many features when compared to higher variants of lower segment cars. The maintenance is also not significantly lower in lower segment vehicles neither is the FE significant ly different.

All the cars I have mentioned have base variants priced closely to the VXI(o) variant of Celerio X except only the Polo which is within the reach of the buyers contemplating the higher variants of Celerio X.
COMMUTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 14:34   #33
BHPian

Looks like this pseudo-crossover is catching on with the masses wanting their Celerio to be different in Dehradun region. Just saw an Orange ZXi yesterday, and a White VXi today. Really looks like more of a sticker job than a crossover in flesh, but at least gives their owners a different Celerio than others in the region.
AdityaDeane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 15:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

I haven't managed to see a single CelerioX till date. I had been in 3 different cities in the past 1 month, all of which are Maruti strongholds. I have seen a few Celerio refresh on the road in these cities but no X models. I did see the CelerioX in the (horrible) Orange shade at a few MS dealerships but they were TD or display vehicles only.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 15:43   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I haven't managed to see a single CelerioX till date. I had been in 3 different cities in the past 1 month, all of which are Maruti strongholds. I have seen a few Celerio refresh on the road in these cities but no X models. I did see the CelerioX in the (horrible) Orange shade at a few MS dealerships but they were TD or display vehicles only.
It's raining Celerio X in my city. I guess they are selling more of these X variants, than all other combined together. Thankfully all of them were in White, so was not looking so bad. The Orange display and TD cars look absolutely ghastly.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 22:51   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It's raining Celerio X in my city. I guess they are selling more of these X variants, than all other combined together. Thankfully all of them were in White, so was not looking so bad. The Orange display and TD cars look absolutely ghastly.
Same scene here. White Celerio X has got lot of bookings. Dealer told me that Maruti has stopped production, thanks to New Swift. Many customers are still waiting .

This is how it looks
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki CelerioX launched at Rs. 4.57 lakh-img_20180208_135746.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Same scene here. White Celerio X has got lot of bookings. Dealer told me that Maruti has stopped production, thanks to New Swift. Many customers are still waiting .

This is how it looks
That looks like a hideous sticker job, but is it actually painted black there?

Either the Celerio got into a fight and got black eyes or is crying, "Why did you do this to me Maruti?", And the Mascara is running! (No offence)
Shanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 11:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

I saw the first customer owned CelerioX yesterday. I saw it from 12th floor of my office building and needless to say, the Orange piece stood out like an odd ball in the sea of cars.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote