Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2009, 11:53   #166
BHPian

Pardon me, I was enquiring about the Magnum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
@ AirWind - I am looking at the SLE variant which is 9.5 lacs OTR. VLX is for sure tempting with air bags now; but I don't personally value the other features which come for an incremental cost of 1.2 lacs

@ SDP thanks, appreciate your response. I guess its better to wait for a few more weeks. I am trying to sell my 2006 Baleno LXI too. I am not getting good offers as of now…
Old 13th November 2009, 15:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
I am trying to sell my 2006 Baleno LXI too. I am not getting good offers as of now…
Iam sure the prices offered by dealers would come as a shock esp with Baleno. I suggest you to try New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com. They charge Rs.750/- for the online ad with refund in 45 days, if you were not able to stuck the deal through them. But I have not yet tried them. Alternatively you can also post ad in classified section on "The Hindu". The price which you have quoted is reasonable & definitely you can get it through (with patience ofcourse)

Last edited by Surprise : 13th November 2009 at 15:30.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:43   #168
BHPian

@ Surprise - Thanks for the feedback. I am getting some good response. About 3 potential buyers are evaluating the deal. All dealers/traders are offering around 1.8L - 2.0L which is way below my expectations. I tried Care Wale about 6 months back when I went through the temptation to buy a city (before they jacked up the prices) - some how felt I had better response from Sulekha than Care wale.

I haven't tried the Hindu - should try it today. Once again thanks for the suggestions.

@ Air - sorry pal. New here. Didn't notice your quote in the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Iam sure the prices offered by dealers would come as a shock esp with Baleno. I suggest you to try New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com. They charge Rs.750/- for the online ad with refund in 45 days, if you were not able to stuck the deal through them. But I have not yet tried them. Alternatively you can also post ad in classified section on "The Hindu". The price which you have quoted is reasonable & definitely you can get it through (with patience ofcourse)
Old 13th November 2009, 18:45   #169
Senior - BHPian

Abraham, did you try posting on the t-bhp classifieds section ? Avoid the dealers. Sulekha always gives good response - be it cars or houses

Last edited by sdp1975 : 13th November 2009 at 18:46.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Abraham, did you try posting on the t-bhp classifieds section ? Avoid the dealers. Sulekha always gives good response - be it cars or houses

Dear SDP -

yea I did try the BHP classifieds. I was rather impressed with the response. I've got some 5 lfrom BHPians & One of them is evaluating my car this evening; another one wants to check the car over the weekend.

Guess I may not wait till december to explore year end discounts and risk the resale price for my baleno further. Might be closing the deal this week & booking my Scopio SLE. I am getting a 7k corporate discounts & 3k worth of accesories.

thanks.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:18   #171
BHPian

Just place the ad in the Hindu. Please don't waste money placing ads elsewhere.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:42   #172
BHPian

OK this is my last off-topic post. Sorry for distracting you all from the main topic.

dear Proxmia - Hindu charges about 800 bucks for the ad but I thought Team BHP ad has a much better hit rate.

Just sold my car to a fellow TEAM BHP-ian for 2.3 lacs. Wdn't have wanted to go below 2.4 but looks like I published an ad in someother site for 2.4 lacs by mistake so I had to keep up my word.

Mahindra dealer has agreed to give me 3000 worth of accesories & nothing more. As the re-sale price of my car would only fall from here I've decided to book my car this week.

r/vimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Just place the ad in the Hindu. Please don't waste money placing ads elsewhere.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:32   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Which variant and what is the OTR?
LT, 9.19 Ex-showroom.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:44   #174
Senior - BHPian

Abraham, good that you sold your baleno at a fair price.

Make sure to transfer the NCB of your Baleno to the new Scorpio that you're buying - you will save a good amount.

See this thread for the details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-premiums.html (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!)

Try to get the EW free, it costs around 10K and Mahindra was giving it free during diwali.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 16th November 2009 at 18:47.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:39   #175
BHPian

Guys,Whats the present OTR of the Fiesta 1.6s? The dealer asks me to come in person. Can someone say whats the best deal possible?
Old 25th November 2009, 23:25   #176
BHPian

Question 2009 Year End Discounts?

BHPians, reviving this old thread to query/post information about 2009 year end discounts various dealers are/will be offering.

My friend has booked a Verna CRDI top end and the dealer said that the delivery is within 12 days (that is by November end). I am thinking to ask my friend to postpone the delivery date to December so that he would get year end discounts.

We enquired in Advaith and Trident Bangalore and they are tight-lipped (as usual) about any year end discounts. The only offer from Advaith is 6.26% interest rate (AXIS bank). There was also a 3%--3 year--3 lakh offer from ICICI for Santro, i10 and Verna (sadly, not on i20) which might have expired as of last week.

Verna, being a model that is due for replacement in 2010, I think that there should be good year end discounts. Any one has any information about 2008 year end discounts for Verna? This information would help my friend to decide whether it is worth postponing his purchase to December.
Old 25th November 2009, 23:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

Guys any discounts on the swift vdi in mumbai??
Old 26th November 2009, 12:21   #178
BHPian

Guys Maruti dealers in Mumbai are giving a discount of Rs. 15000/- on Ritz Ldi in the month of November. Can I expect more discount in the month of December?
Old 26th November 2009, 13:27   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Guys Maruti dealers in Mumbai are giving a discount of Rs. 15000/- on Ritz Ldi in the month of November. Can I expect more discount in the month of December?
saw an add today on times of india, stating a total discount of 30K on ritz diesel,probably with their new aura model, so do check and confirm, 10K mightbe for exchange, so atleast 20K is given.
Old 26th November 2009, 17:34   #180
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion on The new car price check thread.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread