Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st December 2006, 09:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Lancer now in CNG !!

"Hindustan Motors along with its global partner Mitsubishi Motors, Japan has introduced two variants of Lancer CNG. This is the first time any premium car is being offered with factory fitted CNG fuel option. Both the variants Lancer CNX and Lancer CNE will have factory fitted CNG kit."

Lancer CNX : Rs. 7.60 L
Lancer CNE : Rs. 7.40 L
(Ex-showroom - All over the country)

Read more: Moneycontrol India > News > HM becomes the 1st car manufacturer to launch CNG variants > > Press- Market > Hindustan Motors ,Mitsubishi Motors,Japan,Lancer CNG,factory fitted CNG ,Lancer CNX,Lancer CNE ,BRC Italy, ARAI, Pune.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 10:14   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if im not wrong,this isnt the first premium car to be launched with cng.GM launched their optra cng before the lancer.but i guess since HM has already lost out in the private owner market,they are now targeting the fleet operators/taxi rentals.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 10:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasnt lancer CNG launched a bit back???

I mean... i remember reading a comparison of lancer CNG with wagonR LPG, and Reva... The alternate fuel comparison... I guess it was the september issue...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2006, 10:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

There was some news about Lancer CNG in July. I remember talking to Lancer dealer in September 06 - still the car was awaited then. This time they have atleast announced the price. They have not updated their website though.

Here is the link for previous press release:
Moneycontrol India > News > Hindustan Motors launches eco-friendly CNG Lancer version > > Press- Market > Hindustan Motors ,Mitsubishi Motors,Japan,CNG version ,Mitsubishi Lancer ,BRC Italy,Automotive Research Association of India ,Pune,Ravi Santhana

Maybe HM don't have much news :(
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote