Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 26th December 2006, 05:01   #16
BHPian

are the new Grand Vitara's assembled in India?
Looks the car will come with Xenon lamps
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006, 14:48   #17
BHPian

I have a feeling Maruti may just drop a bombshell and have a shocker price tag....!
Its because Maruti is always struggling to get out of this small car brand...If it has to be successful with the new Baleno and the Vitara, it needs to price it really aggressively...something like scorpio strategy... They may decide to hike prices later..
Infact I would love to see variants like Safari which goes all the way from 7-11 L. So may be 10-15L for the vitara... that would be amazing.!! It all depends on how localized the car is...
kvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 21:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Maruti renews its Grand plans for India.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 23:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

The new Vitara is rather nice. Looks very compact as compared to the earlier version that looked like it was dripping goo at all the edges.

This one has decent off-roading ability too. Overall a good vehicle - hopefully the price will be good too.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 13:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

IMO the Grand Vitara looks a lot better than the CRV. it looks a lot more rugged than the CRV too.... I guess MUL should price it a bit less than the CRV so as to make up for the HONDA brand name and the popularity of the CRV...also a DIESEL option should really set things in favour of the Grand Vitara
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 13:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
IMO the Grand Vitara looks a lot better than the CRV. it looks a lot more rugged than the CRV too.... I guess MUL should price it a bit less than the CRV so as to make up for the HONDA brand name and the popularity of the CRV...also a DIESEL option should really set things in favour of the Grand Vitara
Looks are subjective, but still then, it comes nowhere near the rugged presence of other vehicles. It looks nice and off-roadie in the pics, but in reality it isnt all that big and mean.
It really has a diminutive road presence when taken in comparison. Infact, it seemed to be only as tall as I am , which is not much. A comparably priced Endeavour will dwarf it.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 13:35   #22
BHPian

IMO, the new Vitara seems to a lot smaller than the previous model, better they need to price it against safari/scorpio range.
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 13:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Looks are subjective, but still then, it comes nowhere near the rugged presence of other vehicles. It looks nice and off-roadie in the pics, but in reality it isnt all that big and mean.
It really has a diminutive road presence when taken in comparison. Infact, it seemed to be only as tall as I am , which is not much. A comparably priced Endeavour will dwarf it.
I guess the vehicles in competition with it are the Tucson, the CRV nd the Endevour....nd from them only the Endevour really looks huge...the CRV the Tucson nd the Vitara look pretty much the same size...
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 14:54   #24
BHPian

Default & Gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I guess the vehicles in competition with it are the Tucson, the CRV nd the Endevour....nd from them only the Endevour really looks huge...the CRV the Tucson nd the Vitara look pretty much the same size...
And the soon to be launched Captiva from GM..
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 15:21   #25
BHPian

looks somewhat better than the older vitara lets what does it looks like on the roads
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 03:54   #26
BHPian

Default GRAND vitara - NEW LIMTED SILVER EDITION

just bumped into the vitara site yesterday. and what i see lolz a GV silver edition.

what they are offering here is 13 new accessories mostly chrome this and that, just making the package more appealing and aesthetically inclined .

but what i like is they are offering full leather seating. and i think the price is the same if am not wrong.

here is the list of 13 accessories in sleekly silver edition.

1)Bumper Corner Protector

2)Body Side Moulding

3)Chrome Door Sill Guard

4)Front Guard

5)Front & Rear Mud Flaps

6)Silver Finish Grille

7)Chrome Mirror Cover

8)Rear Upper Spoiler

9)Tail Lamp Garnish

10)Instrument Panel Trim

11)Antenna Cover

12)Muffler Extension

13)Full Leather Seat Covers

after going through the list its sounds nice. i like chrome anything its the bling bling thang lolz. muffler extension and spoiler is cool addition. leather seats is one of the stuff in this edition.

looks like GV is not selling well as we all know and it looks like they are clearing out stocks in a bad economic times.

comments and opinions are welcome!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 07:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

All these optional accessories were available before, for an arm and leg. Where do they say it is free now? These options cost at least a lakh, but not worth even half of that. The muffler tail piece was 2000 bucks, you can get that for 400 bucks elsewhere.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 12:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
looks like GV is not selling well as we all know
That it isn't. Discounts in the range of 60K are apparently possible.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
All these optional accessories were available before, for an arm and leg. Where do they say it is free now? These options cost at least a lakh, but not worth even half of that. The muffler tail piece was 2000 bucks, you can get that for 400 bucks elsewhere.
i didnt say its free or not i dont know.

i hope they are free if. they are serious about it.

btw i read your ownership reports, its quite and experience.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 16:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Either change the subject line of this thread or lock it. Looks as if we are getting a 2007 in 2009!!!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote