Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2007, 22:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
16V and VVTi should make it head on competition with the NHC Vtec right???
Yes, but since that is their only petrol engine, it will also have to compete with the i-Dsi which probably constitutes 90% of the sales.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:16   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
The car looks like a cousin of the Aveo for me.

Superavi
Actually it is different.

This is Aveo.

The body language is different, the Vios looks more combat ready. Ok, I am drawing from their stance, as in a fighter's stance. Vios looks confident, Aveo doesn't.

Ok, you may not see it same way, I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:23   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The body language is different, the Vios looks more combat ready. Ok, I am drawing from their stance, as in a fighter's stance. Vios looks confident, Aveo doesn't.
Similar to The Warrior and this N73 owner's stance of mainly trying to decide between protecting the face or the genitals, during a recent martial arts demo
Old 2nd January 2007, 23:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

But is the vios going to be the next car from toyota,because from what I have heard they were to launch their small car first.

However ET commands respect and they always have the knack of bringing about scoops well in advance and more importantly accurately so maybe ET has access to ever more higher ups which I did not.
Old 12th January 2007, 10:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Vios has better resale value than NHC !! (amateur research in Malayasia).
2) Toyota Vios: 72% (NA)
4) Honda City IDSI 71% (54% - old Type Z model)

Wonder when Toyota will launch Vios in India...

Source: Used "otomobil" review...: PRESENTING: The top 20 best Vehicles resale value…
Old 12th January 2007, 12:51   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am not biased in anyway but quality, reliability and fuel efficiency wise City is unbeatable (i-DSi). But I am not sure why people go behind Toyota Vios. For ex, here in SE Asia, I see atleast 10:1 Vios Vs City. The only place i saw the ratio raising to almost 10:4 is Bali in Indonesia. The feedback from the users of Vios is surprisingly not so good, esp the manual version. So, I am wondering whats in store for us when they launch the manual Vios here in India.
Old 12th January 2007, 19:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

What I heard is Toyota has plans to launch the mid size sedan or premium hatch here in India by early 2008. Already few samples have come to its Bidadi factory where they are doing testing of this car. They are planning for couple of big launches after studying indian Market so they can capture it very fast.

I don't know name of the car which they will launch but I understood they will build everything from scratch for India or at least there should be lot of customization.

Ravi.
Old 12th January 2007, 21:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I am not biased in anyway but quality, reliability and fuel efficiency wise City is unbeatable (i-DSi). But I am not sure why people go behind Toyota Vios. For ex, here in SE Asia, I see atleast 10:1 Vios Vs City. The only place i saw the ratio raising to almost 10:4 is Bali in Indonesia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Toyota Vios has better resale value than NHC !! (amateur research in Malayasia).
2) Toyota Vios: 72% (NA)
4) Honda City IDSI 71% (54% - old Type Z model)
All this data is enough to show that the VIOS will do well even in India. Isint this enough info to convince Toyota to stop thinking and launch the damn thing. They have been talking on and on about this for years.

I feel Toyota is a victim of their own success. They feel they are so good that they cannot take the simple logical route that every one else does and that they have to do something revolutionary.(Like the segment buster Innova)

Last edited by Mpower : 13th January 2007 at 01:01.
Old 16th January 2007, 16:25   #24

ive been waiting for the VIOS real long...hope it launches in 07.
Old 17th January 2007, 11:14   #25
BHPian

The Vios seems to be the people's car in Singapore.. Dominates the small(?) car segment here.. Sells for about 45K SGD out of which about 15K is COE++, so 30K would be in the 8L+ territory.. Toyota will need to tweak the pricing, I guess.. To my eyes, it looks a bit smaller than NHC..
Old 17th January 2007, 11:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

The Vios looks really good, from the snap that was attached to this thread. Would anyday prefer it to its competitors in the C segment.
Old 18th January 2007, 19:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am wrong about the small car coming in before the vios,it looks like the vios will be here first by the year end or early next year and also have a diesel option as well.

And yes the Fortuner might not be here so soon.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 18th January 2007 at 19:55.
Old 19th January 2007, 18:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Latest Toyota vios for thailand,is actually the Toyota Belta.With the relations toyota india has with Thailand this car could also be a possibility as the vios for India too.

Source:Paul Tan's Raves and Rants on the Automotive Industry

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 19th January 2007 at 18:32.
Old 20th January 2007, 08:17   #29
BHPian

I was hoping they would launch something similar to the Aygo in India. I love the Aygo, they have launched it in almost all the european countries. A 5 door small car should give them the great volumes. I am not sure when they will realize this.
Aygo - Do Something Memorable
Old 20th January 2007, 09:36   #30
Team-BHP Support

Another source for the belta.

Toyota Belta Latest Prices (Singapore) - sgCarMart
Closed Thread