Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th January 2007, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, Opel's new Corsa shares its platform with Fiat's Grande Punto in Europe. Frankly, I dont think it is such a bad idea to bring the car again, albeit with new and better engine options. Now that Fiat is also launching its Punto range in India, GM can source components cheaper.

I know of some people who were really crazy about Opel brand, my wife being one.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 13:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

The new Corsa would be almost impossible to bring in here from Europe & make it cost effective. In all probability they will have a similar situation to the SRV where the car has been priced WAY OUT of its priceband & as a result has poor sales.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 17:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by nikhil3456 View Post
Anyways, thats fine. At GM everyone is trying to fight out these kind of mis-quotings and the wrong perceptions that people have about the company in India & abroad. GM is learning and heading in the right direction. A major chunk of the feedback I have got from this site has been really helpful and Im trying to ensure that it reaches the right people.

I guess... The major feedback... Would have been.... A diesel engine for the Aveo to combat with fiesta and Verna... (heard GM is working on that... so)

Optra diesel, i believe would be a good alternative in the segment, and should do well... I have driven the Optra 1.6 and was very much impressed by the ride, and the space inside... Also the NVH was excellent too...

U-VA, well... I havent seen it yet... But, i really feel it was a very very soft launch... Only some entusiats knpw the car has been lauched... Hope some publicity campaings are soon to be launched...

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 18:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
the difference this time being GM plans to tackle only
the premium sedan segment and above with the Opel marque. Chevrolet is here to stay and denote all things in the affordable segments.
How premium would that segment be ? Aren't there rumours that they will launch the Chevy Epica to fight the Accord etc ? I wonder which Opel car do they position above that, and who'll buy one ?
Unless they badge it the Opel Epica or something ..
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 23:33   #20

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats nice!!!

Sorry... i just reported what i heard... Thank you for pointing that out...

But... If you dont mind, shall i point something out??? The 1517 units of Tavera is impressive, but the more expensive Innova did 3090 units in Nov06, almost twice the figure... (sorry as i dont have dec 06 stats...)
comparing innova/tavera sales withsmaller cars is entirely diff also....if there are twoo look alikes in market people will go for cheaper one
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote