Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2007, 13:09   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 439 Times
Default

Saw an Indigo DICOR ad in today's newspaper in which the car was compared with Ford Fiesta diesel, feature for feature. The specs (as compared in the ad) made the Fiesta look pale in comparison.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2007, 13:33   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 628
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Please post test report for the DICOR engine...
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 20:34   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 113
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Tata ads are comparing the new Indigo DICOR with Ford Fiesta, not the Swift. IMHO Swift is definitely more cramped and has no boot and has strange mini-me looks with narrow windows, offering very little visibility. It is not a family sedan but more like a cute car for single yuppies or couples.

Indigo is almost a lakh cheaper than Fiesta..with 'better' engine and more boot space if u believe Tata.

However, in terms of FE, what can one expect from this vehicle..doubt if it would beat the numbers thrown around by Ford.
ggkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 21:48   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Tata ads are comparing the new Indigo DICOR with Ford Fiesta, not the Swift. IMHO Swift is definitely more cramped and has no boot and has strange mini-me looks with narrow windows, offering very little visibility. It is not a family sedan but more like a cute car for single yuppies or couples.

Indigo is almost a lakh cheaper than Fiesta..with 'better' engine and more boot space if u believe Tata.

However, in terms of FE, what can one expect from this vehicle..doubt if it would beat the numbers thrown around by Ford.
Lets put it this way.... for even a lakh more, i'll prefer the fiesta. Indigo just can't match the dynamics and quality of fiesta, and i am sure it will also be more reliable in the long run.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 22:09   #35
nbr
BHPian
 
nbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MANGALORE/BALEHONNUR/DUBAI
Posts: 438
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Lets put it this way.... for even a lakh more, i'll prefer the fiesta. Indigo just can't match the dynamics and quality of fiesta, and i am sure it will also be more reliable in the long run.
Agree that TATA r not the most reliable ones. But, FORDs r also, equally suspected about long term reliabilty.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 22:15   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,644 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Lets put it this way.... for even a lakh more, i'll prefer the fiesta. Indigo just can't match the dynamics and quality of fiesta, and i am sure it will also be more reliable in the long run.
If you are talking about long term reliability and maintainence costs, I would trust tata more than FORD any day.
Ford and Tata A.S.S. horror stories are equaly abundant, but a Tata horror story costs less.

But if you talk about engine smoothness and refinement, Tata does not hold a candle to ford.
But in the 5-6lakh segment, people care about cost of ownership and FE, and can live without refinement to some extent, unlike the 7L+ segment where refinement is a criteria.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2007, 22:29   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Hey thats right said sir tsk1979, I second that, one can prefer TAT over FORD for sure!

Ford means fix and run every day !

Dicor indigo is really great deal compared with fiesta,

Indigo is better than fiesta in terms of ride comfort, space, price, long term relaibility! however one can't compare swift and indigo because swift is too cramped compared with indigo.

Swift is not practical car at all... Indigo is really family car, I can see many indigos in villages also in semi urban areas.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 05:39   #38
BHPian
 
jeetu4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

plz someone post test drive of the new dicor soon...
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 14:24   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are talking about long term reliability and maintainence costs, I would trust tata more than FORD any day.
Ford and Tata A.S.S. horror stories are equaly abundant, but a Tata horror story costs less.

But if you talk about engine smoothness and refinement, Tata does not hold a candle to ford.
But in the 5-6lakh segment, people care about cost of ownership and FE, and can live without refinement to some extent, unlike the 7L+ segment where refinement is a criteria.
My statement was "if" Indigo costs "1 lakh less" than Fiesta, since somebody in his post gave the price difference. Maintenence is not an issue, quality, refinement, ride and handling are more important, AFA I am concerned. My friend own an Ikon 1.6 and the spares arent as expensive as made out at the forum. He broke his tail lamp a week back, got the new one from Ford for just 1k's, even my Palio tail lamp costs the same. Even the normal routine service at Harpreet Ford doesnt cost him much.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 14:26   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Indigo is better than fiesta in terms of ride comfort, space, price, long term relaibility!
No way dude, Have you Driven or been Driven in a Fiesta? "No" is the answer i suppose.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Indigo Marina Dicor LX. The fun continues beyond 1,00,000 kms! wanderernomad Long-Term Ownership Reviews 246 27th August 2017 09:15
Tata Indica, Indigo and Marina : Dicor engine sakthivelm The Indian Car Scene 1 16th October 2006 21:53
Tata Indigo Marina to be launched on 15th Sept Revvmaster The Indian Car Scene 5 22nd September 2004 19:47
Tata Indigo Marina Launched 2fast2furious The Indian Car Scene 3 15th September 2004 13:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks