Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th February 2007, 18:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

On several occasions, I have seen a heavily covered car being driven on the NH4. I suspect this to be the new santro. What what I have seen I can say its a tall boy type design with a very wide front windshield. The left mirror was broken and hanging. Its has a rear wiper.

Next time, I will try to get pics. The issue is that its been driven very fast.
Old 9th February 2007, 18:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Santro diesel. Hmm. Looks like everyone is going the diesel way. So with Verna1.6 returning 38kmpl, this smaller engine should give atleast as much as a 100-cc 4-stroke bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser
Accent, Getz, Elantra, Sonata all of them are VFM in their range!
If they are so VFM, why is no one buying them (except the Accent) ?

Quote:
If you buy any car from Maruti stable, you have to compromise yourself in one or otherway!
It's not just a Maruti thing. Applies to all cars - there is no perfect car that satisfies everyone.

Quote:
I am trying to figure out a model from Maruti to upgrade my Santro, but nothing suits me except that Swift VDi, but i am put off with its cramped interior.
Why look at the Maruti range ? Try the super VFM Hyundai range.
Old 9th February 2007, 18:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
But we also must not forget the small cars like wagonR and Santro were built for city use. And in bumper to bumper traffic and tight traffic parkings, nothing helps more than a light steering (extra light maybe).
Yes, especially for the target crowd the light steering is a boon in city & while parking no doubt there! Me being an old-fashioned steering-feel & responsive engine kind of driver do sometimes expect a bit too much from small, cheap commuter cars I guess!!
Old 9th February 2007, 19:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Why look at the Maruti range ? Try the super VFM Hyundai range.
This has been on my mind for long. Accent GLE at 5.6L on road is very good value for money. But its getting very difficult for me to shrug off the Maruti brand loyalty feeling. Looks like my next car may be a Hyundai Accent (If new Baleno doesn't appeal to the masses and comes out as a wannabe super luxury sedan)

Last edited by mail4ajo : 9th February 2007 at 19:37.
Old 9th February 2007, 20:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
This has been on my mind for long. Accent GLE at 5.6L on road is very good value for money. But its getting very difficult for me to shrug off the Maruti brand loyalty feeling. Looks like my next car may be a Hyundai Accent (If new Baleno doesn't appeal to the masses and comes out as a wannabe super luxury sedan)

Try at least once and come to know what is Hyundai.
I have come to know from so many people who are not happy with Accent after owning it. I wish you would be lucky unlike them.
Old 9th February 2007, 22:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Try at least once and come to know what is Hyundai.I have come to know from so many people who are not happy with Accent after owning it. I wish you would be lucky unlike them.
Vivek, I guess you are referring to the CRDi version. The petrol Alpha unit is pretty reliable from what I have heard from most people.

Coming back to the Santro, I feel it has the best gear shift feel in its class. I recently had a chance to check out my collegue's new WagonR. Trust me, it S****(With due respect to all owners. Although it gets better with use)

Departments where Hyundai loses to Maruti is the FE, spares and service and of course resale value. They need to be very cautious about the Santro CRDi (assuming its going to be a similar unit that does duty in the Accent)

Last edited by mail4ajo : 9th February 2007 at 22:26.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:05   #22
BANNED

Hi guys,

Is the Santro diesel really coming out? any news of it for 2009?
Old 10th February 2009, 14:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

there is no point in reopening this thread since diesl santro will never come.
in europe, santro is replaced with i10 and hence, diesel will ONLY come in i10 in around july.
Closed Thread