Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th February 2016, 09:44   #91
BHPian

Default re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee_bat View Post
I have a question, purchasing a used bike from Hyderabad to get to Delhi. What would your advice in regard to refund of road tax from Hyderabad be? Can I get the refund first and then register in Delhi? Or will the Delhi registration have to be paid first.

Is the refund in full? The seller is willing to cooperate with the transfer and refund.
I might be wrong here, so please correct me if I am.

From my understanding so far, you would have to pay the road tax and get it registered in Delhi first before you can claim the refund in Hyderabad.

I can't advice you, because currently I am in the same boat as to claiming a road tax refund from Tamil Nadu after my registration in Andhra Pradesh.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 08:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I might be wrong here, so please correct me if I am.

From my understanding so far, you would have to pay the road tax and get it registered in Delhi first before you can claim the refund in Hyderabad.

I can't advice you, because currently I am in the same boat as to claiming a road tax refund from Tamil Nadu after my registration in Andhra Pradesh.

I've tried finding out from a couple of people. One has to pay road tax upfront and then claim refund. I also read it could take up to a year to get a refund. A friend however told me that no used vehicles from other states are now bwing registered in Delhi due to emission and pollution problems. This seems hearsay since this isn't mentioned anywhere in the supreme court order! Why don't we have a streamlined online system!
zee_bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2016, 21:35   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Hello folks, need a help!

I am getting a Laura TSi 2010 Model, Clocked around 47,000 Kms in Kolkata but it's New Delhi Wazir pur registered. Now, what do I need to do to run it safely in my city?
Getting it re-registered would be quiet an expensive affair. I have a budget of 3 Lakhs and this seems to be an extremely good deal. In Delhi, the car's tax has been paid till 2020. What should I do now?
YashD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 12:34   #94
Senior - BHPian

Default Bought A Used Car : Procedure For Transfer?

Hello everyone,

So I purchased a used 2015 VW Jetta on 20th September 2016 and transfer procedure in currently underway. The car was owned by Volkswagen and has a MH14 registration which means Chakan. The transfer process is being done by the dealer from where I bought the car.

I live in Mumbai and the car will be registered on my company name which is located in Thane.

As per what I have understood of the transfer procedure is as follows:

- Need to receive NOC from Pune RTO first
- Once NOC is received, the car is eligible for transfer from Pune RTO to Thane RTO

The NOC was obtained around two weeks ago. The dealer informed me that the entire transfer process takes around 4-6 weeks as the car was registered in Pune and it takes time to get the NOC. Is there any way I can check the status of the transfer procedure other than checking with the dealer?

Once transfer is done, what are the documents that must be handed over to me?
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 12:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bought A Used Car : Procedure For Transfer?

Once the transfer is done you will get an RC book with an endorsement showing you as the owner. You should already have got a sale receipt, and a transfer of insurance letter where the existing policy on the car is made over to you. Oh yes you'll have got the car, keys, service manual etc etc whatever is available.
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Bought A Used Car : Procedure For Transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Once the transfer is done you will get an RC book with an endorsement showing you as the owner. You should already have got a sale receipt, and a transfer of insurance letter where the existing policy on the car is made over to you. Oh yes you'll have got the car, keys, service manual etc etc whatever is available.
Car, keys (both), sales receipt, service manual, etc is handed over to us.

We haven't transferred the insurance yet as it will expire on 31st December 2016.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Whatever - if you don't want to transfer the insurance as it has so less to run, dump it and get a fresh insurance in your name. Don't operate the car with insurance in someone else's name.

No matter if you don't get an accident / need to make an insurance claim till then but if you do, and the insurance is not in your name ..?
hserus is online now   Reply With Quote