Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th February 2007, 14:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
We can trust normally_crazy Must have a great internal source...Previously he had tell us abt City Zx(facelift)...Now Civic(new one) !
Yes, I know N_C does business with auto co.s. So, is the SX4 sedan going to get an all new name?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 14:34   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift sedan - how does that look like ? Going by the Swift's looks, does not sound very promising. Anyone has pics ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 16:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

The car looks ugly. Rear tail lamps are like the Fiesta and the boot area between the tail lamps, specially the number plate area look like the Indigo! The side view is absolutely hideous.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 17:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The car looks ugly. Rear tail lamps are like the Fiesta and the boot area between the tail lamps, specially the number plate area look like the Indigo! The side view is absolutely hideous.
My thoughts exactly. Performance may be great. Interiors may be great, but that car looks gawdamnawful.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 19:41   #80
BHPian

I prefer the looks of my 05 baleno - and i don't really care what performance the new baleno has as i'm not in the market for a new car atm - HOWEVER - if they do give it AWD, i will go down to Maruti's plant and go postal !

Please let it be a good car to carry the baleno's name forward but do not , repeat do not give it AWD.....

Otherwise the car looks a bit disproportionate and scrunched up at the back - MUL will need a USP (such as the NHC's supposed economy) to beat the others...especially the NHC and Verna

/baleno owner who wants awd

zaphod
zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 19:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Its a rather regular looking sedan in tune with other cars in the market today (except for the quirky front quarterlight which is shared with the NHC). I dont see what the fuss is about - I guess a car like this will do better in the market than the original Baleno which had a very confused look to it - except for the profile which was very well balanced.

Plonk in one good diesel engine and one fuel efficient petrol motor and you have a winner. People here may be pissed off if the petrol engine doesnt deliver stonking performance, but they're a minority. Perhaps Maruti will keep selling the old Baleno for the likes of them.

I do feel that the current Baleno is kind of over-hyped out here and wont be missed in the market, but thats my personal opinion. Now go ahead and jump on me with hob-nailed boots!

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th February 2007 at 20:00.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2007, 23:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Swift sedan - how does that look like ? Going by the Swift's looks, does not sound very promising. Anyone has pics ?
Hey SB check out the swift sedan at the below link
Bright Red on 4 wheels

It doesnt look good IMHO, atleast in the pics though.
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 03:09   #83
BHPian

hey carCrazy25 tht pic had been posted earlier and its a phtoshop job....
If the new baleno is goin to look tht way ,its a real tough time ahead for MUL
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 06:00   #84
BHPian

dude, i think there is definitely a market for these large hatchbacks if the pricing is done correctly. at present, its really hard for the to sell cars like the fusion/SRV b/c the pricing is not done correctly. it is priced more than cars like the fiesta/aveo/verna. consumers will definitely opt for these sedans than go in for large hatchbacks. the companies need to get their research on point if they wanna make a mark for their products in this particular segment.
JUELZ 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 06:44   #85
BHPian

@hai_rama
oh..okay dint know that!!!
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2007, 08:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carCrazy25 View Post
Hey SB check out the swift sedan at the below link
Bright Red on 4 wheels

It doesnt look good IMHO, atleast in the pics though.
Utterly disappointing I would say. The looks are neither inviting nor invigorating. Why cant they think out of the box or something different ?
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote