Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 10:26   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Gentlemen, please desist! You've picked up a 4 year old thread & started the Scorpio vs Safari debate all over again for no rhyme or reason at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@Mods, Please rename this thread as the Official Scorpio Bashing thread as that is all i see.
LOL, this is ridiculous. First you say the above & then the below-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I would rather be in a Scorpio at 120+kmph than in a Safari.
Where did the Safari come into this I wonder!

Anup, I do feel that you could have made your point below
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I would rather NOT be in a Scorpio OR a Safari doing 120 kmph!
I bought mine to serve as a relaxed Tourer.
without starting off with this bit -
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Just check the word they use to describe the handling of the Safari.
I wonder if people are feeling a little lost now that the Safari vs Scorpio thread has been closed down? Get a life guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I bought my vehicle for enjoyment and in a sense a pleasant touring experience for my family and myself - I am sure that all our other friends on this site also bought their vehicles for their families and their own enjoyment as well.

Therefore, lets lay this to rest if possible now.
I do agree.

Last edited by suman : 11th July 2008 at 10:28.
suman is offline  
Old 11th July 2008, 10:54   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

YESSIR!!
Suman,lets jointly kill this one!
Each to his own should be our watchword as also applicable to everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I do agree.
shankar.balan is offline  
Old 12th July 2008, 13:49   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

All the stuff said on this site concerning bad handling and other kinds of Scorpio/ Safari bashing are a complete waste of time and not going to be useful to anyone who is sincerely looking for true/ correct information.

I dont think that the information is entirely wrong. Its a true fact that neither Safari nor Scorpio are good handlers and these are the problems that could have been looked into at the design stage.

Rather than bashing, I would like the points to be taken as negative points. Anyone who is looking to buy a either car will come to know about the negative points before he/she manages the purchase.


2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post


In the hands of an irresponsible/ unaware/ un-educated driver, any vehicle whether Qualis, Sumo, Maruti, Lancer, Ikon, Merc, Prado, Bolero, Pajero, Scorpio, Safari or NANO or anything else can turn into a lethal weapon of mass destruction.

Absolutely correct.Completely agree with you.


3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hi Cyrus


I think if one simply has to do speeds of these kinds for the thrill and enjoyment, it might be worth visiting a race track OR using a high speed, completely sealed off superhighway like the Bombay - Pune Expressway. Nowhere else is it worth trying. What are we trying to prove anyway?
I dont agree with you. Speeding on expresshighway is not the best thing to do. Apart from exceeding the speed limit, there are other hazards that are omni present on these superhighways. Secondly, the other drivers are not always quick or disciplined. IMO, keeping the speeds upto 120kmph on these highways is good as this is the speed for which the NE's are built.
aaggoswami is offline  
Old 12th July 2008, 16:17   #64
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

@Mods, I think this thread should be clsed as it is giving no REAL knowledge or output.
Thank you.
Cyrus43 is offline  
Old 14th July 2008, 09:19   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

the 'speeding on express way bit" - i should clarify that I dont endorse over speeding - keep to the speed limit is what I should have added - sorry. However, atleast since the speed limit is far higher than the regular highways, one can reasonably "test one's vehicle" if one is so inclined.
However, personally, I m not into speed trials in my Scorp - not worth it!
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)



I dont think that the information is entirely wrong. Its a true fact that neither Safari nor Scorpio are good handlers and these are the problems that could have been looked into at the design stage.

Rather than bashing, I would like the points to be taken as negative points. Anyone who is looking to buy a either car will come to know about the negative points before he/she manages the purchase.


2)


Absolutely correct.Completely agree with you.


3)


I dont agree with you. Speeding on expresshighway is not the best thing to do. Apart from exceeding the speed limit, there are other hazards that are omni present on these superhighways. Secondly, the other drivers are not always quick or disciplined. IMO, keeping the speeds upto 120kmph on these highways is good as this is the speed for which the NE's are built.
shankar.balan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest VW Ad - TOI - Good or Bad taste? And Socially Responsible or Irresponsible? shankar.balan Shifting gears 122 21st May 2010 14:20
Tire burst & Irresponsible Bridgestone Attitude emanuscript Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 59 10th December 2008 11:06
Sagar Automobiles - Headed By Arrogant, Irresponsible, Unfriendly, Sarcastic People vishnugs Indian Car Dealerships 74 20th June 2007 17:51
Palm Beach road Navi Mumbai - in irresponsible hands? gbpscars Shifting gears 14 15th March 2007 13:46
Car Safety by manufacturers or the Govt? pingme The Indian Car Scene 18 24th March 2005 14:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks