Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th July 2008, 10:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, please desist! You've picked up a 4 year old thread & started the Scorpio vs Safari debate all over again for no rhyme or reason at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
@Mods, Please rename this thread as the Official Scorpio Bashing thread as that is all i see.
LOL, this is ridiculous. First you say the above & then the below-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I would rather be in a Scorpio at 120+kmph than in a Safari.
Where did the Safari come into this I wonder!

Anup, I do feel that you could have made your point below
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I would rather NOT be in a Scorpio OR a Safari doing 120 kmph!
I bought mine to serve as a relaxed Tourer.
without starting off with this bit -
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Just check the word they use to describe the handling of the Safari.
I wonder if people are feeling a little lost now that the Safari vs Scorpio thread has been closed down? Get a life guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I bought my vehicle for enjoyment and in a sense a pleasant touring experience for my family and myself - I am sure that all our other friends on this site also bought their vehicles for their families and their own enjoyment as well.

Therefore, lets lay this to rest if possible now.
I do agree.

Last edited by suman : 11th July 2008 at 10:28.
Old 11th July 2008, 10:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

YESSIR!!
Suman,lets jointly kill this one!
Each to his own should be our watchword as also applicable to everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I do agree.
Old 12th July 2008, 13:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

1)
Quote:

All the stuff said on this site concerning bad handling and other kinds of Scorpio/ Safari bashing are a complete waste of time and not going to be useful to anyone who is sincerely looking for true/ correct information.

I dont think that the information is entirely wrong. Its a true fact that neither Safari nor Scorpio are good handlers and these are the problems that could have been looked into at the design stage.

Rather than bashing, I would like the points to be taken as negative points. Anyone who is looking to buy a either car will come to know about the negative points before he/she manages the purchase.

2)
Quote:

In the hands of an irresponsible/ unaware/ un-educated driver, any vehicle whether Qualis, Sumo, Maruti, Lancer, Ikon, Merc, Prado, Bolero, Pajero, Scorpio, Safari or NANO or anything else can turn into a lethal weapon of mass destruction.

Absolutely correct.Completely agree with you.

3)
Quote:
Hi Cyrus

I think if one simply has to do speeds of these kinds for the thrill and enjoyment, it might be worth visiting a race track OR using a high speed, completely sealed off superhighway like the Bombay - Pune Expressway. Nowhere else is it worth trying. What are we trying to prove anyway?
I dont agree with you. Speeding on expresshighway is not the best thing to do. Apart from exceeding the speed limit, there are other hazards that are omni present on these superhighways. Secondly, the other drivers are not always quick or disciplined. IMO, keeping the speeds upto 120kmph on these highways is good as this is the speed for which the NE's are built.
Old 12th July 2008, 16:17   #64
BANNED

@Mods, I think this thread should be clsed as it is giving no REAL knowledge or output.
Thank you.
Old 14th July 2008, 09:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

the 'speeding on express way bit" - i should clarify that I dont endorse over speeding - keep to the speed limit is what I should have added - sorry. However, atleast since the speed limit is far higher than the regular highways, one can reasonably "test one's vehicle" if one is so inclined.
However, personally, I m not into speed trials in my Scorp - not worth it!
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)

I dont think that the information is entirely wrong. Its a true fact that neither Safari nor Scorpio are good handlers and these are the problems that could have been looked into at the design stage.

Rather than bashing, I would like the points to be taken as negative points. Anyone who is looking to buy a either car will come to know about the negative points before he/she manages the purchase.

2)

Absolutely correct.Completely agree with you.

3)

I dont agree with you. Speeding on expresshighway is not the best thing to do. Apart from exceeding the speed limit, there are other hazards that are omni present on these superhighways. Secondly, the other drivers are not always quick or disciplined. IMO, keeping the speeds upto 120kmph on these highways is good as this is the speed for which the NE's are built.
Closed Thread