Originally Posted by zoom_vroom
I just saw the suzuki website. Suzuki Auto
The Chevy optra is sold under Suzuki brand name too.
Its called Suzuki Forenza.
Also what surprises me is the cost at $15649 making it around 6.73 lacs INR.
And the specifcations reads as
Seems we are being cheated when it comes to Optra which is available at a higher price here,and that too devoid of the above specifications
- 2.0-liter, 16-valve DOHC 4-cylinder engine, 127 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm, 131 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,200 rpm
- 4-wheel disc brakes, front ventilated
- Advanced, dual-stage driver and weight-sensing front-passenger airbags Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags (SRS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Speed-sensitive, power-assisted, rack-and-pinion steering (SSPS)
- 6-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3/WMA™ playback and auxiliary jack
- 60/40 split, fold-down rear seatbacks
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat with adjustable lumbar support
- Chrome interior door handles
- 12-volt accessories outlet
That is true to all the cars being sold in India.
If we make a comparative study of the models being sold in India to their counterparts in the rest of the world, what will come out as a result of the analysis is the fact that we were and are still being overcharged for whatever cars we buy. Right from the Suzukis to the top end Mercs.