Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th June 2007, 20:32   #46

Default The homemade striker from the kajah group

Hello..
THE HOMEMADE STRIKER!!!!by the kajah beedi group

striker 1.8, has a 1.8 litre izusu petrol engine tuned up with a twin weber carbs,freeflow headers/power steering and its home/made this is a replica of the uk based caterham.
aleem959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 21:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Prodrive.

That is the company that develops the subaru wrc cars. they also had a road going car.

Not very inspiring though. None the less they also have made one car that showcases their technological Ingenuity . It is called P2 or something.

cheers

Last edited by ac 427 : 18th June 2007 at 21:48. Reason: wrong fonts.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 21:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
They're not big, they're Very big. No. 2 in Australia after Ford but as the thread says it's quite an unknown company in India. How many people know about Holden here?
i know, i know i know i know
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 11:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
i know, i know i know i know
Me too me too I guess Holden is quite famous with the car lovers.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 13:07   #50
BHPian

Lancia is not known! Maybe in India... But it sure is known and remembered!
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 14:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

there is a company called San motors, maker of san strom and san strike. based in goa.I think so most of the guys in this forum will know about all the car mentioned here as every one is car CRAZY.
There where cars in late 80s called Kari 65 [again replica of lotus 7] with zetc engines and 5/ 6 speed gear boxes. They where kits imported by the Late Kariverdhan of Laxmi mills. The project did not take off as the cars where priced quit high. there where also plans to get GT40 replicas complete with V8 engines from England. Kari 65 can be seen in Mr Kingfishers collection. [the yellow and red colour lotus 7 , with Mc dowell on the side].
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 20:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
there is a company called San motors, maker of san strom and san strike. based in goa.I think so most of the guys in this forum will know about all the car mentioned here as every one is car CRAZY.
There where cars in late 80s called Kari 65 [again replica of lotus 7] with zetc engines and 5/ 6 speed gear boxes. They where kits imported by the Late Kariverdhan of Laxmi mills. The project did not take off as the cars where priced quit high. there where also plans to get GT40 replicas complete with V8 engines from England. Kari 65 can be seen in Mr Kingfishers collection. [the yellow and red colour lotus 7 , with Mc dowell on the side].
Who doesn't know San Storm...? India's cheapest and slowest Sports car!!!!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 17:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
UK: Marcos, Noble, Westfield, Morgan, Bristol

The British Isles have been the home of small and medium-size car manufacturers before the 2nd World War and even during the sixties and seventies. There have been numerous names- Sunbeam, Riley, Austin-Healey, to name just three. Famous marques such as Rolls-Royce, Jaguar and MG began as small attempts in little garages. Some became large companies-Austin, Morris, Hillman. Even as late as the 1960s new startups continued to spring up all over the place and some even tasted success, like Colin Chapman's Lotus.

I think of England as the home of the sports car - small lightweight 2 seaters with easy manoeverabilty, quick acceleration from a small engine but not a very high top speed, and above all providing pure driving pleasure.
gkrishk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
I think of England as the home of the sports car - small lightweight 2 seaters with easy manoeverabilty, quick acceleration from a small engine but not a very high top speed, and above all providing pure driving pleasure.
Yes, but the sad part is that today there is no such British sports car on the market. All the marques got shut down or sold out. The last sports car in that mould - MG TF was also lost after Rover got sold out.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 18:47   #55
BHPian

MLR Motors India:New Page 2

Kanda Motors India:Automotives :: Welcome to KANDA Group of companies

Atul Auto India:Atul Auto Ltd. - Goods Carriers, Passenger Carrier, Special Purpose Vehicle
arunforu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 20:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yes, but the sad part is that today there is no such British sports car on the market. All the marques got shut down or sold out. The last sports car in that mould - MG TF was also lost after Rover got sold out.
How can you forget LOTUS !!!!!!!

And ARIEL !!!

And TVR !!! (no idea who owns i anymore though. russians ???)

Also ASTON is back in british hands !!!
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2007, 21:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
How can you forget LOTUS !!!!!!!
And ARIEL !!!
And TVR !!! (no idea who owns i anymore though. russians ???)
Also ASTON is back in british hands !!!
Bandar bhai read the statement I highlighted above again, if you use this as a benchmark apart from the Lotus Elise no other car matches the criteria.

Ariel - Hardly a sportscar, it's more of an extreme track machine & it's hardly useable on a daily basis.

TVR - Is now bankrupt but the rights to the name are owned by that Russian business-boy Nikolai Smolenski. The death of TVR really made me sad since I loved the Tuscan/ but gain they were expensive machines with large engines.

Aston - Too expensive, too heavy, huge engine.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote