Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd June 2009, 09:59   #31
BHPian

Due to security reasons, quite a few airports have stopped the facility of overnight parking; Pune airport certainly has, so it'd be best to check before driving down.

Just saw: You've arranged for a drop. Smart choice.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Call Quick Cab @ 45 333 333; charges only Rs. 7.5 per km as against Rs. 15 per km by other cab services.

Better still, get in touch with your nearest local taxi service, get a drop off and pick up at the airport for 400 each. so 400 X 2 = 800, money-saved, hassle free!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:22   #33
BHPian

Wise decision. Parking at the airport will cost you a bomb and you would be anxious about the safety of your car. Anyway it is not really safe!!!
T_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:38   #34
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Threads merged
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:32   #35
BHPian

Guys I need to fly to udaipur this weekend. I'm in Pune so the only way to get there is via Mumbai. I was wondering if it's possible to park my car at Mumbai airport for 2 nights.

Does anyone know if Mumbai airport allows overnight parking? I understand the cost would be high but I love the Pune-Mumbai drive I'd rather drive and enjoy the journey.
zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:05   #36
BHPian

Default Bial

Long term parking is available at Bangalore International Airport. I have used it couple of times when my trip is less than 48 hours.

It is very convenient and safe too. Charges are Rs.300 for first 24 hours and Rs.200 for every additional 24 hours. It cost me Rs.500 for 48 hours.
kreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Used the Bangalore BIAL airport long term car park yesterday. Very impressed by the Rs. 300/24 hour rate and the overall proximity to the terminal. Will certainly use it again as the airport cabs take upto Rs. 650 each way from my place!
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Call Quick Cab @ 45 333 333; charges only Rs. 7.5 per km as against Rs. 15 per km by other cab services.
Pricing revised to 9.5 per km, dont know since when, have been seeing it for past 2 weeks for sure.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 18:25   #39
BHPian

I decided against taking my car with me for this particular trip but while I was at the airport I checked that Mumbai airport(domestic) allows overnight parking for and parking charges are Rs 360 per night.

The price seems reasonable and I'll probably use this facility next time I have to fly out of Mumbai.
zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 19:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how much it is for Delhi ?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 21:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

my cousin in london goes to spain on a regular basis. cab bills from his house in putney to gatwick would be painful, so there is this almost space age parking system at the airport, where the cars are packed in a plastic and that is vacuum packed, and the same car is parked in a modular parking lot (in varying positions to increase space). this would allow long term storage for as long as the owner likes.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 15:25   #42
BHPian

Guys, any idea...how much Mumbai Domestic Airport charges to park a car for 24 hrs (or more). I'm visiting Auto Expo at Delhi over weekend and due to flight timings, considering to park my car at airport.

How feasible will it be, please advice.

Thanks!
sandev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 15:51   #43
buz
BHPian

Default Not worth it

Guys,

I know that long term parking is a great concept for the park and fly type people and/or those like me who do not like to see themselves driven around by some one else at the wheel (I could drive the taxi if I had a choice), but the economics just don't justify it in our country. Taxicab fares are way higher abroad and that's the reason why park and fly works in those places for short durations. If I were to do a simple calculation, like to like, a cab from Bandra to Mumbai domestic airport costs Rs. 100 (on a radio AC cab) and likewise on return. That's an expense of 200 bux or max 250. With your own car, one would end up paying 200 Rs. for the whole day's parking and an additional 100 for the fuel consumed in driving your car both ways (7km + 7km). So I guess, at least in Mumbai, where cabs are readily available - one would rather stick with them.
buz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:02   #44
BHPian

If I am not mistaken, the charges for parking at Hyderabad Intl Airport is Rs250/day. Makes sense to keep your car parked there if you are going out of town for a few days.
rowhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 18:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
Guys,

I know that long term parking is a great concept for the park and fly type people and/or those like me who do not like to see themselves driven around by some one else at the wheel (I could drive the taxi if I had a choice), but the economics just don't justify it in our country. Taxicab fares are way higher abroad and that's the reason why park and fly works in those places for short durations. If I were to do a simple calculation, like to like, a cab from Bandra to Mumbai domestic airport costs Rs. 100 (on a radio AC cab) and likewise on return. That's an expense of 200 bux or max 250. With your own car, one would end up paying 200 Rs. for the whole day's parking and an additional 100 for the fuel consumed in driving your car both ways (7km + 7km). So I guess, at least in Mumbai, where cabs are readily available - one would rather stick with them.
I agree, when we talk abt travelling in between Bandra or Andheri. I stay at Kharghar - Navi Mumbai. Normal fare will cost me around Rs500+, since my flight is at 6 AM I need to reach there before 5 AM that will another 25% more of fare as night charges. Thats the reason, I was inquiring about it.

If someone, can update me on car parking chargers in Domestic Airport for 24 hrs (or more) than it will be really helpful!

Thanks again!
sandev is offline   Reply With Quote