Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th August 2004, 15:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Back to the mercedes topic...just today my C-class is back to the showroom for repairs for the 100000000th time!! The electronic seat adjustment just jammed and the backrest just wouldnt move the electronic system just died..the seats go only front back for leg room adjustment... Well just got it sent to the showroom and the guy is like will cost 9000+ as water has gone into the whole electronic system in the seat! My dad asked him is there any damage to the seat from my end he said no the water just seeped in some how ... the arguement continued when my dad said WHAT THE HELL IS MY FAULT IF U MADE A DEFECT IN THE CAR AND WATER GOES IN ON ITS OWN!! Also warned him if he doesnt get it done my dads gonna go send the car to the factory in poona again!
Exactly my point Sahil, how can you be sure that the ABS or the Air Bags wont fail when you need it the most. Having gadgets on a car is fun and a big boon.

Rush showed me all the things he can check, sitting inside the car, while a Honda owner would have to open the hood every now and then.

But, you can only drive peacefully when you have total faith in your car, which doesn't seem to be the case, here.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 15:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

GTO and Sahil and Rtech

The car in question is a Honda Accord Mugen. It sports a modified chip, a sport exhaust and has a power rating of 260 bhp. It is a 3.0 V6. The total cost to Mariwala (owner of the car) so far has been Rs. 3 lakh. Read more of the car in this month's Business Standard Motoring.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 15:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

I think we better start a new topic on the Accord Mugen , as it's disturbing the whole thread.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2004, 05:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Moved to best threads

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2005, 19:58   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Today being a sunday, was going through my old magazine collection in the attic. Came across a Mercedes ad in the November 1990 issue of BusinessWeek.

To quote the ad "Engineered like no other car in the world". And "Mercedes Benz ranked the most dependable car in America".

Too bad, they cant use phrases like that anymore. Give me a W124 / W126 over the current breed any place...any time.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2005, 02:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Crazi4Speed_
and on a seperate note..infinitis..wow!! cant wait for them to come to india..or europe so that we can import them...
Why would you want them to come to Europe to be able to import them? Prices are higher there - if you want to import to India, Dubai or Muscat are your best options since you get much better (and duty-free) prices here. Plus, you can book a 40-foot container back to Bombay for less than 100 dollars (thats, Rs.4,500 or less now).

As for Mercs, I had greater expectations from the E240. Hell, the seats on the Mondeo are more comfortable (no I am not comparing the cars, just the seats)!!!

Cheers
Steer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 19:36   #52
BANNED

So, my aunt was right. She owned an E Class here in Chennai, but sold it not long ago. The other day, I called her and asked her if she thinks it would be wise for me to go in for a C class instead of settling down for a Toyota Camry (pay almost 6-7 lakhs more than the Honda Accord and get 15" tires LOL), a Honda Accord or a Sonata Embera. She told me that she sold her car because of highly frequent repairs/ malfunctions (for no apparent fault of hers) and that she started to feel like the workshop and she jointly owned the car (Thatís a real sad ownership experience for some who bought a Mercedes Benz).

Now, I am stuck with having to choose between the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Sonata Embera and I really donít like any of these cars, but I donít hate them either. The reason I canít buy a SUV is because my mom is old and has difficulty getting in and out of those. I wish I could slap Mercedes for doing this to me/ us.
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 18:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Do Mercedes have confidence in the C, E & S Class?

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but I guess we can all agree the Star is shining very brightly now?

In 2005 began their onslaught and product offensive with the W221, and every product since then has only been getting better now we are at a second lifecycle with the W222 and new ML and others and one thing is for sure, while the ship sank for Mercedes, They saved it and not only save it but is turning out to be the finest ship ever!

Could not be happier to see the Mercedes-Benz back!

Only black spot is the E-Class which I hope they will do a heavy facelift and also abandon the R-Class!

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 00:22   #54
BHPian

Default Re: Do Mercedes have confidence in the C, E & S Class?

The cars still lack the bulletproof reliability they were known for.

Not to mention the higher price tag and lack of features when compared to similar BMW's or Audi's.

Mercedes-Benz just doesn't stand out in any way anymore.
kadanaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:34   #55

Angry Re: Do Mercedes have confidence in the C, E & S Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is Mercedes-Benz not confident of its own products?

If Mercedes-Benz does not have confidence in its own products, why should the end buyer?

Second, even a Maruti 800 will give you 3 free services. Why doesnt Mercedes-Benz offer ONE SINGLE free service in its cars which cost upwards of 25 lacs? Its very simple actually - BIG $$$. A routine first service which costs Rs.12000? Second service bill totaling at Rs.38000?

Outrageous...

GTO
@GTO..You are absolutely right in your views and being a Mercedes car owner I must confess it has been one haranguing experience to deal with the so called Authorised service centres.Their customer service department is in the dumps and nowhere near the service one gets outside India.
As far as the models which are being sold in India ,they are so inferior in comparison with the same models being sold outside of India.You wont believe the quality of the material being used in them.The plastics are abominable even in the higher models.
Even a top official of the service centre has stated that till 2003 all the models had some kind of product quality whereas the ones following that were horrible except for the higher models as they could not afford to play around with that segment of customers,yes but the poor sod who bought the regular c class or the e class had to bear all of it.And yes I do believe for a fact that all these service centres have been given targets as far as the billing for services rendered per car goes and no car gets billed less than 15k for a normal servicing.

I got all my problems sorted out only by writing directly to MBIL and that too after several months of correspondence, and if you read their apology letter sent to me, you would be hardpressed to find anything close to an apology.
Last but not the least,giving the devil its due,Mercedes has its good qualities as well but thats being overshadowed by their other weaknesess.They have a good product but for the indian market they have compromised extensively.
bravismah is offline   Reply With Quote