Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 30th March 2008, 22:44   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The car will be launched in early 2009....Internationally, the car costs $30,473 (Rs 12 lakh) and $32,697 (Rs 13 lakh) for different variants, but after adding the import duties, the cost will be Rs 21.70-Rs 23.5 lakh.
The news only gets better!

Quote:
The company officials added that the selling point of the car may not be its exterior looks but its rugged engine and driving experience.
Rugged engine! Thats a selling point of the EVO? Jeezuz
Old 30th March 2008, 22:58   #152
Senior - BHPian

Great news on the pricing front but the reporter is useless. Evo and luxury sedan :|. Even a corolla is probably more luxurious.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:11   #153
Senior - BHPian

Rugged engine... LOL!

Personally, I am more eager on seeing the Lancer 2.0 GT making it to our shores. Mitsubishi need to get their pricing right though. Anywhere between 11 & 13L... the lower the better!!
If that does happen, put my name on the list of buyers!
Don't know if we'll get the CVT with paddles though. Wouldn't mind a good'ol stick shift to be honest.

On another note, with these new arrivals, HM-Mitsu need to get their A.S.S in order. The workshops they have now, and the kind of service that they provide, would NOT work when they're trying to sell cars like the EVO, new Lancer, Outlander etc. I hope what I read elsewhere on this forum is true - that Mitsubishi is getting more proactive and involved in this aspect (sidelining HM in the process).
Old 30th March 2008, 23:54   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Rugged engine! Thats a selling point of the EVO? Jeezuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Great news on the pricing front but the reporter is useless. Evo and luxury sedan :|. Even a corolla is probably more luxurious.
Don't shoot the messenger guys. The reporters obviously don't know much about cars but the company should have explained better and made sure the news gets out right. I won't be surprised if the guy they spoke to at HM-Mitsu fed them that crap because he knew no better himself. Quite possible.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:54   #155
Senior - BHPian

For that price they got another customer! Bring it on Mitsubishi! Driving an EVO X daily would be such gratification!
Old 31st March 2008, 08:30   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
For that price they got another customer! Bring it on Mitsubishi! Driving an EVO X daily would be such gratification!
Agree with you on every word you said. If the Evo X hits the market with the stated price tag, it surely might come on my shopping list too!
Old 31st March 2008, 09:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
“We are planning to bring Evo 10 to India through the completely built route (import). This may push the cars’ end cost but the company has no plans to locally build the car yet. The response for the car (from the market) will decide whether it can be manufactured here or not,” said a company executive on the condition of anonymity.

Internationally, the car costs $30,473 (Rs 12 lakh) and $32,697 (Rs 13 lakh) for different variants, but after adding the import duties, the cost will be Rs 21.70-Rs 23.5 lakh.

This will peg it directly against the brands such as Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Skoda Superb, Volkswagen Passat, Nissan Teana and Audi A4.

If they are able to bring in withing 25, they may sell around 50~70 units a month .
I dont think its ever going to compete against Accord/CAmry/Superb/Passat/Teana/A4 coz compared all these D segments EVO can barely provide may be 50% of the comfort level. I feel the its the people who has bought RS for 16 lacs may end up buying EVO , the price difference may be huge but a TD will surely get them signing their cheque books.
Amazing work !
PS : They should start RALLIART outlets in select Metro's and may be do a series of ads in papers and in TV channels about the heritage of Ralliart and stuff. That should make a good image platform in India for the EVO.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:44   #158
BHPian

I am hoping somebody from Mitsubishi is reading this thread... lot of inputs, I am amazed at the business acumen of folks on this forum.

Mitsubishi should start building 10th Gen Lancer here locally now to bring down the costs, price it ~11L and they have a clear winner! I am assuming Evo 10 will be an engine+tranny+AWD upgrade over the top version and should be priced sub 15L and will be a killer worthy (monopoly?) competitor to the RS. Not sure if we can source 98+ Octane to feed the Evo...? Also not a bad idea to bring in ralliart!
Old 31st March 2008, 10:00   #159
BHPian

Hmm dont know when evo will make to here and same with the new lancer. BTW pickedup the april issue of ACI, they have a cover story on new lancer in this issue and expect it to be here in india by Ist half of 2009. It will come with petor as well as oil burner. A 2 ltr petrol with 152 BHP and 2 ltr desl with 140 BHP. price range mentoned was 11-13 L for new lancer.
Old 1st April 2008, 00:29   #160
BHPian

Default RE: Ralliart

ralliart is also expected to open outlets in india. they would start with mumbai as per report in an auto mag
Old 1st April 2008, 03:19   #161
Senior - BHPian

Ideally they should launch the evo first and then launch the regular version 4-5 months after that. This will help build up brand value for the new Lancer and people will perceive it as a much higher end car than it really is. All in all I hope Mitsubishi and HM get their act together and start playing their cards right.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:28   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Its on it way guys , you people might have noticed the last page of ACI , it was spotted at the CHENNAI airport , it should be here by early next year .
The sooner the BETTER , what say guys ?
Old 11th September 2008, 22:48   #163
BHPian

U talking bout the lancer or the evo?
If it's the lancer, and they launch it with a sensible price tag, people in india are gonna go crazy!!!!
Me included
Old 11th September 2008, 23:46   #164
Senior - BHPian

This is the only Lancer version i would want to drive. Will it ever be available to Indian buyers?. Why does 'sporty' , 'exciting' and 'fast' all give a heave-ho to the Indian auto market?.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?-delhi-370.jpg  

New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?-delhi-374.jpg  

Old 11th September 2008, 23:48   #165
Senior - BHPian

^^Thats the EVO not the vanilla Lancer.
Closed Thread