Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2009, 22:59   #196
BANNED

i emailed to the mitsu guys about the new lancer, and i got the following message
Quote:
"Dear Sir,
Thank you for showing interest in Mitsubishi Lancer.It is our constant effort to bring world-class, latest products to India from the famed Mitsubishi stable. The New Mitsubishi Lancer is a very important part of our plans for Indian market. However the details of the launch and the product are not decided yet.The New Lancer would borrow its striking looks from the Lancer Evolution X.Keep visiting for the latest on Mitsubishi Motors in India"
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:33   #197
BHPian

^^from the looks of it doesn't look like its going to come anytime soon, and whenever it comes i hope they don't charge through the roof.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Gallant is a bigger car than the lancer right? So they will have Cedia and Gallant in India together?
Old 26th March 2009, 17:54   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Correction ;

Was at the launch of the new showroom of Mitsubishi (Autodrome) where the new Montero was also launched.
Got an insight that the Evo X would be coming in as a CBU (so would be expensive - expect a price of around 32-38 lakhs) and would be launching first and then the new lancer would be coming in .
Expect the Evo X by max YEAR END.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:40   #200
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Going the way that the Jap Yen has been, I don't think any CBUs imported from Japan will be priced reasonably. Better that HM either prices it well or waits for a more favourable currency level. Honda raised the prices of the Accord by over a lakh recently, is in the process of bumping up the CRVs tag as well....while HM took the Montero from 40 to 48 lakh rupees!
Old 26th March 2009, 22:23   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going the way that the Jap Yen has been, I don't think any CBUs imported from Japan will be priced reasonably. Better that HM either prices it well or waits for a more favourable currency level. Honda raised the prices of the Accord by over a lakh recently, is in the process of bumping up the CRVs tag as well....while HM took the Montero from 40 to 48 lakh rupees!
Was thinking if the Evo X is priced in excess of 40 lakhs , the BMW 530d (the car which im in love with too ) would be a better choice which would give brand , comfort , power ( supposedly the most powerful diesel available in india ) .But all this i.e. the BMW offers & on the other hand we have the Rally Legend , every car enthusaists dream . Wat say guys ?
Old 26th March 2009, 22:33   #202
BHPian

I think it depends on the category of people you belong to. If you want brand image and a powerful comfortable car then the Beemer is for you. On the other hand if you want an all out hard riding machine to throw around corners then an Evo is as good as it gets!
Old 27th March 2009, 10:22   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox22 View Post
I think it depends on the category of people you belong to. If you want brand image and a powerful comfortable car then the Beemer is for you. On the other hand if you want an all out hard riding machine to throw around corners then an Evo is as good as it gets!
You bet! Nothing like the Evo. If you want comfort and stuff like that, obviously you wont want to go for a rallybred car like the Evo. Its for pure fun, exhilaration and thrills!
Old 27th March 2009, 12:41   #204
BHPian

I spoke with the owner of a Mitsu showroom in Chennai when I went there with my cousin to take deliver of a blue Outlander (the car ROCKS)

The showroom owner appears very passionate about his cars - He said the Evo can be expected in June - Aug time frame. It seems it might be brought in very limited numbers and priced at around 35L. He said plans are ready for the petrol version of the new lancer, but Mitsu wants to bring in both Petrol and diesel versions together and hence it may happen only in Jan 2010.

He was confident that if Mitsu brings in both Petrol / Diesel versions, Honda and Toyota will have serious troubles - I hope it comes soon! (I'll surely pick up the petrol version of the Lancer if Linea with 1.6 MJD is not yet launched )
Old 27th March 2009, 13:10   #205
Senior - BHPian

I just hope the pricing remains around the 35L range.and we'll see some nice numbers being sold.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:21   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I just hope the pricing remains around the 35L range.and we'll see some nice numbers being sold.
Do you really expect good numbers for a 35 lakh rally car? People will swoop for the A4 and the BMWs and Mercs at that price. Only the enthusiasts who have cash to spend will buy the Evo.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:05   #207
Senior - BHPian

well to say the least there are a lot of enthusiasts in india.and lot of boy racers too.

Come on you don't expect this to be the only car of these guys.These are the guys whos fathers have Merc s class's and beemers and even bentleys.and a couple of e classes too.

This will be their "take to the CCD" car.

Go to any metro and you'll see that the c class,a4,beemers are just too common.even e class etc.and then you have this guy rolling in a EVO X with the huge spoiler and loud exhaust note and tuner looks.all the chicks will be drooling over him.he'll be vin diesel from FF.lol.

see and there is no dearth of guys like these.

And then later people like me will benefit when these guys will get bored with thier cars and will sell them with less then 10k on the odo.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:19   #208
BHPian

The EVO's meet in Kualalumpur.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?-formation2_big.jpg  

Old 27th March 2009, 16:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
The EVO's meet in Kualalumpur.
Imagine the amount of noise and dust that meet would have kicked up! Awesome!
Old 27th March 2009, 16:05   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
well to say the least there are a lot of enthusiasts in india.and lot of boy racers too.
Yup, boy racers for sure. But not many people buy a 35l car in India to drive it on their own, which is exactly what the Evo is about. Not to be chauffeur driven! Its back seat is probably just as good as a Linea or a Verna or a Fiesta, cars that are way down the picklist. It is a car from the C segment that has a beastial engine and a lot of features that let you take the car to limits hitherto unheard off.. So boy racers and people who want to buy a 35 lakh car and drive it on their own, only those are the possible customers! You will be lucky to get your 10k odo resale car deal
Closed Thread