Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2010, 23:13   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Why so?is Mitsubishi production very irratic?
Just making a guess brother . Toyota not so bad either but everybody knows the story of fortuners long extended 10 centuries waiting so was making a guess on that point for mitsubishi.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:23   #272
BHPian

wouldn't the new lancer be the Lancer Evo X. I hope they release the new lancer - if it is something other than Evo - with a 1.8 Ltr engine with some 140+ Bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The car will be priced between 11 to 13 lacs. Under the hood, it will have a 2.0 MIVEC motor making 150 bhp and as a diesel option it will have the VW 140bhp pumpe-duse engine.
I thought PD engines were discontinued by VW.

Last edited by cyqed : 23rd March 2010 at 08:32.
Old 10th April 2010, 14:22   #273
BHPian

Here's another link about Mitsubishi launching the new Lancer in India.
http://http://autos.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=3620747

Sadly, it reads the new Mitsubishi Lancer would be hitting Indian shores by the end of March this yr and it's April already and yet no signs of it.

I'm sick and tired of hearing every now and then from magazines to online portals claiming that the new Mitsubishi Lancer/ EVO X being launched in India on xyz date.

Give me a break man!

I simply fail to understand when Mitsubishi will ever bring the new Lancer in India which can actually sell in significant numbers and give it a new lease of life here in India.

God help these dumb Mitsubishi nitwits.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:42   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleo View Post
Here's another link about Mitsubishi launching the new Lancer in India.
http://http://autos.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=3620747

God help these dumb Mitsubishi nitwits.
How right? I have heard about delays of Government beureaucracy but these Mitsu guys are worse than any govt. beureaucracy. They are still sleeping like Rip Wan Winkle.

All is not lost yet. Even now if they wake up, they may regain some lost ground. Remember Yamaha? After RX100, they virtually capitulated to Hero Honda and stayed away from Indian market for nearly 15 years. I saw many Yamaha showrooms close down. But come 2008, and they bounced back with R15 and FZ 160 and it's a big name again. And Fiat? After lot of bunglings, they are on solid ground once again. When Fiat can do it, why can't Mitsubishi? I don't think Mitsubishi brand name is any less than Fiat.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:59   #275
BHPian

The link is not opening.. Please give another one.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:09   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
The link is not opening.. Please give another one.
Try this New Mitsubishi Lancer
Old 7th July 2010, 16:57   #277
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi has just developed an all new diesel engine (4N1) for the current lancer. stated to replace the 2.0 DI-D sourced from VW, it is a thoroughly ultra modern unit and features variable intake valve timing tech-first in the world for a diesel passenger car motor.

More details can be found here:

Mitsubishi 4N1 engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can we have this engine in India? only time will tell, but better let the actual car come here first..

1.8L, 118ps/150 ps versions available
300 nm torque
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:40   #278
Senior - BHPian

I liked this car. The model available here seemed VFM - the base model has every abbreviation known to mankind - ESC, TCS, ABD, Cruise control, 7 airbags. You can even DIY a paddle shifter to the CVT base model.

Then I sat inside...interior plastic trim quality and the fitting is poor. The HVAC controls look like wheels ripped off a cheap Chinese toy car available at a small town mela. Mind you, this is on the Lancers manufactured in Japan and then imported here. I shudder to think of the interior once HM gets their grubby hands on and localize all the plastic components.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:16   #279
BHPian

Default Re: New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?

Awaking another thread from the dead as am looking out for a new car - While I have a few shortlists in my mind, I am wondering if the lancer X will ever come here. While the dream of owning an Evo X may not be realized now (or even in the foreseeable future) I always wanted to quell the quest with an lancer X. If even there is a hint that HM might bring it sometime this year, I am willing wait. Though the Cedia is definitely good in all respects, I do not want to throw away the hard earned money on a model that is well past its rack age.

HM, are you even hearing ? Why isn't Mitsubishi interested in doing better in India. They really should get out of their marriage with HM.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:39   #280
BHPian

True. Wonder if they are actually going to launch it here this year or not.
Even the hype built around the Evo X has now died down which they could have used towards selling the lancer & brand building. What a waste.
P.S. - I dont think the Evo managed to sell either. Not one Evo ownership or spotting on BHP!!!
Old 26th August 2011, 09:48   #281
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for the (new?) lancer in t-bhp and stumbled upon this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Awaking another thread from the dead as am looking out for a new car - While I have a few shortlists in my mind, I am wondering if the lancer X will ever come here. While the dream of owning an Evo X may not be realized now (or even in the foreseeable future) I always wanted to quell the quest with an lancer X. If even there is a hint that HM might bring it sometime this year, I am willing wait. Though the Cedia is definitely good in all respects, I do not want to throw away the hard earned money on a model that is well past its rack age.

HM, are you even hearing ? Why isn't Mitsubishi interested in doing better in India. They really should get out of their marriage with HM.
Well, Lancer X has not been even declared by the company, let alone coming here. Also, India is still selling 7th (released in 1995 worldwide) and 8th (Cedia - released in 2000 worldwide) gen Lancer. Lancer 9 looks too hot and would really sell in bigger numbers than both the gens combined, but alas, if only!

I wonder atleast now if the Mitsubishi management is considering getting it here now that the Evo X has been launched.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:54   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I was looking for the (new?) lancer in t-bhp and stumbled upon this thread.

Well, Lancer X has not been even declared by the company, let alone coming here. Also, India is still selling 7th (released in 1995 worldwide) and 8th (Cedia - released in 2000 worldwide) gen Lancer. Lancer 9 looks too hot and would really sell in bigger numbers than both the gens combined, but alas, if only!

I wonder atleast now if the Mitsubishi management is considering getting it here now that the Evo X has been launched.
Evo X is available in our country. Looks like you missed the official thread on Evo X Review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X : Test Drive & Review)
Old 26th August 2011, 23:18   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Evo X is available in our country. Looks like you missed the official thread on Evo X Review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X : Test Drive & Review)
Looks like you misread the post by _raVan_. He meant, Lancer X(tenth gen) has not been announced by Mitsubishi and he also wonders if Mitsu will launch Lancer IXth gen, now that Evo X has been launched.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:46   #284
BHPian

Guys i think HM has already missed the boat with the 9th gen and im guessing the 10th gen Lancer would be around the corner now?? (overseas)
The 9th gen Lancer has been in production for 4 years overseas.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:59   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Looks like you misread the post by _raVan_. He meant, Lancer X(tenth gen) has not been announced by Mitsubishi and he also wonders if Mitsu will launch Lancer IXth gen, now that Evo X has been launched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys i think HM has already missed the boat with the 9th gen and im guessing the 10th gen Lancer would be around the corner now?? (overseas)
The 9th gen Lancer has been in production for 4 years overseas.
As far as my conversation with "HM-Mitsubishi India Marketing head" goes, the focus is on some SUVs for the Indian market. He didn't mention anything about the new Lancer.
Closed Thread