Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2012, 13:55   #301
BHPian

Default Re: New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?

A sad news for all the Mitsu enthusiasts :( I was eagerly waiting for the Next gen Lancer.

And phasing out the Cedia too is a disappointed but seems a wise decision by the company looking at it's dismal sale figures. A slow death to the most under-rated car IMO.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:52   #302
BHPian

Post Re: New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
A sad news for all the Mitsu enthusiasts :( I was eagerly waiting for the Next gen Lancer.

And phasing out the Cedia too is a disappointed but seems a wise decision by the company looking at it's dismal sale figures. A slow death to the most under-rated car IMO.
Sad news indeed! I, for one, am a big fan of Mitsubishi's car making history and tradition. Their cars, more often that not, tend to hit the sweet spot as far as enthusiasts are concerned. I think a lot of that is due to Mitsubishi continually bringing in their racing and rallying legacy into their car making. They seem to make their cars with a measure of passion and pride and it shows.

Btw we almost bought a Lancer Cedia back in 2009. It had everything going for it - an awesome class leading 2.0 L petrol powerplant, killer styling etc. etc.. Only dissuading factor was their razor-thin after sales network which eventually pushed us away from closing.

In India however, Mitsubishi is severely cash strapped and have no option but to be more practical.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 14th December 2012 at 14:53.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:12   #303
BHPian

Hello team, any news on the next-gen Mitsubishi Lancer, or as I read somewhere Mitsubishi will only be an SUV selling company in India?
I am looking for a replacement for my Polo, and most sedans in the 10-11lakh rupee segment are just hatches with a boot, the Lancer surely is in a different league but is it coming?
Old 7th August 2013, 10:33   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Hello team, any news on the next-gen Mitsubishi Lancer, or as I read somewhere Mitsubishi will only be an SUV selling company in India?
I am looking for a replacement for my Polo, and most sedans in the 10-11lakh rupee segment are just hatches with a boot, the Lancer surely is in a different league but is it coming?
None. Very very unlikely that Mitsubishi will launch the current generation Lancer, or for that matter, plan for any new launch in sedan/hatchback category in the near future.
Old 7th August 2013, 15:21   #305
BHPian

Had been to the local Mitsubishi service workshop to make some basic enquiries re a used Outlander. Was chatting with the head of the service. They are investing heavily in a new facility & expanded sales network. He mentioned plans for introducing 5 new models over the next few years. Local manufacture also. And Outlander might possibly be reintroduced, though he was not certain. My guess is it will be the 2013 model with diesel.

So something is cooking at Mitsubishi. Looking forward to their divorce from HM!
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 15:35   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Had been to the local Mitsubishi service workshop to make some basic enquiries re a used Outlander. Was chatting with the head of the service. They are investing heavily in a new facility & expanded sales network. He mentioned plans for introducing 5 new models over the next few years. Local manufacture also. And Outlander might possibly be reintroduced, though he was not certain. My guess is it will be the 2013 model with diesel.

So something is cooking at Mitsubishi. Looking forward to their divorce from HM!
I hope that these 5 new models would not only be SUVs. This still kind of confirms that the current Lancer will not be launched, since it would not take next few years to launch an already existing model.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
Tats07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 20:36   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I hope that these 5 new models would not only be SUVs. This still kind of confirms that the current Lancer will not be launched, since it would not take next few years to launch an already existing model.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
from what he had said I could deduce tha it will be both small & large vehicles. So some small hatch with volumes is definitely on the cards. Otherwise it just does not justify the investment in a multi-floor service centre. Or a showroom in one of the costliest buldings in Pune!!

Let us hope they bring in the mini-Pajero.
Old 7th August 2013, 21:50   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
from what he had said I could deduce tha it will be both small & large vehicles. So some small hatch with volumes is definitely on the cards. Otherwise it just does not justify the investment in a multi-floor service centre. Or a showroom in one of the costliest buldings in Pune!!

Let us hope they bring in the mini-Pajero.
If you are talking about the showroom in ICC trade tower, I think its been there since quite sometime now, and the dealer in camp gets a lot more customers than this new (comparatively!) dealership, moreover I have heard good things about the Mitsubishi service centre in camp.

And add to that the ICC trade tower has real stiff competition in the real estate market right now, but that's for another discussion, all in all just one hi-fi showroom or one hi-tech service centre does not signify expansion plans. I so wish they get the Lancer here soon!

again, Pune people watch out for the upcoming and super bling JLR and Porsche showrooms in the city, both will still take time though, but then wheres the hurry!
Old 7th August 2013, 21:55   #309
BHPian

Arrow Re: New Mitsubishi Lancer. When will it come to India?

If the new Lancer come to India, they must do the following:

Ramp up service network
Diesel mandatory
Equipment required
Mouthwatering pricing
Make yourself popular!

That's all required for you guys (AFAIK)

If coming to India, any estimate of price?

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 7th August 2013 at 21:56.
Old 8th August 2013, 02:35   #310
BHPian

http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/mitsu...-lancer-diesel

Is this site any good? it says its coming in 2014 to India
Old 8th August 2013, 07:07   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
it says its coming in 2014 to India
I don't think so. In December 2012, Mitsubishi India had said they will slowly discontinue all saloon cars and concentrate only on SUVs. With the economic crises and sales less than impressive, I am not sure Mitsubishi will stay in India for long.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:04   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

I would love Mitsubishi to bring in the new Lancer. And before that, Mitsubishi please ditch HM and go solo.

The other day, I was in our car with my wife and a white Lancer LX pulled in front of us. And we both were commenting how good the car looked even after all these years. It hasn't aged at all! The Cedia looks older in fact. And I really like the low seating position in the Lancer. The steering, the stick and the pedals are just where they ought to be.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:43   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
If you are talking about the showroom in ICC trade tower, I think its been there since quite sometime now, and the dealer in camp gets a lot more customers than this new (comparatively!) dealership, moreover I have heard good things about the Mitsubishi service centre in camp.

And add to that the ICC trade tower has real stiff competition in the real estate market right now, but that's for another discussion, all in all just one hi-fi showroom or one hi-tech service centre does not signify expansion plans. I so wish they get the Lancer here soon!

again, Pune people watch out for the upcoming and super bling JLR and Porsche showrooms in the city, both will still take time though, but then wheres the hurry!
Just my assesment. It does not make economic sense to open a showroom & service centre on the basis of sales of only 1 SUV model. However the manager indicated that they are operating in the whole of western Maharashtra. Possibly slowly outflanking J. Williamns. Let us wait & hope for the best!
Old 8th August 2013, 10:33   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
If the new Lancer come to India, they must do the following:

Ramp up service network
Diesel mandatory
Equipment required
Mouthwatering pricing
Make yourself popular!

That's all required for you guys (AFAIK)

If coming to India, any estimate of price?
If at all they decide to bring it to India, the Lancer would sell I think, because Mitsubishi may not be but the Lancer brand is very well known in India, and commands some respect(just like the Mahindra--Scorpio equation!).

But they do need to ramp up their dealer-service network big time. I am not worried because my city has two dealers, one of them is very old and the service centre is in the heart of the city!

Pricing I think has always been good on Mitsubishi, we shouldn't expect the manufacturer to sell a good car for cheap prices just because the brand is not doing well, I for one would pay for the lancer even if its priced 50k higher than competition because that's one very reliable car, two people I know have the pre-cedia lancers which are still running fine and clean.

And if doesn't sell, good for me, for it'll be high on the exclusivity factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I would love Mitsubishi to bring in the new Lancer. And before that, Mitsubishi please ditch HM and go solo.

The other day, I was in our car with my wife and a white Lancer LX pulled in front of us. And we both were commenting how good the car looked even after all these years. It hasn't aged at all! The Cedia looks older in fact. And I really like the low seating position in the Lancer. The steering, the stick and the pedals are just where they ought to be.
Exactly my thoughts! A senior in school used to have a lancer back in 2003-04, I've been drooling on the car since then, it still looks good, not fresh though. And the fact that so many of them are still on road make it even more desirable.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:36   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/mitsu...-lancer-diesel

Is this site any good? it says its coming in 2014 to India
I have never seen any mention of a diesel Lancer in Mitsubishi Global Site because there isn't any. The only engines available on the current generation Lancer are 1.6 and 2.0 MIVEC.

Check out the following site for Lancer, this is an authentic Mitsubishi maintained site:

http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/top/index.php
Closed Thread