Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd September 2004, 21:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ Sep. 02 2004,13:20)]BTW if you see a silver haired person oogling the RS tom you know it is me.
yo navin!
me too a black fan(in cars too, but my dad wont buy a black one, it's either sliver or light golden)

but i have one doubt, if u like black, why is ur hair silver??
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2004, 23:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

hey r , thx only the alloys r diff, rest all is the same
expect one major diff, the car u posted is an LHD!!! the indian one is an RHD!!

so looks like these r the two differences!

Old 3rd September 2004, 01:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Well a close frnd of mine booked a rider 10 days back got a call today in the morning while reading the paper that he could take the delivery by this weekend ... to his luck the ad in the times of india of the RS stuck his attension and he got the rider cancelled that minute.
He called me up giving me the good news and warning me to watch out on the road coz next time he see's me in the accord he is gonna kick my ### * *. Well every dog has his day i have shot the brains out of his head when he tries to catch up with me in his free flow fitted lancer * . I was happy for him that he is gettin a mighty powerfull car but then again i wanted to trouble his brain abit and told him ... I agree you will kick my ### on an open patch but while arriving at the destination who do u think will make a better impression you in u r skoda octavia (a lay man or a hot chick standing at the door doesnt know what is so SPECIAL about your octavia compared to the zillions on the road which cost a just 10-11 lakhs while you pay the same price as an accord) vs my shimmering accord. And boy was he confused after that haha... he was like dude i can get an accord for almost the same price that i am getting the RS but then i wouldnt get that power punch etc.
So basically it all boils down to Prestige vs Performance while comparing the accord and RS which are almost the same price bracket now. Thank god i am not making this choice now but my friends choose the RS after racking his brains for a day i dunno how he came to the decision, maybe he just flipped a coin haha.
I will let you guys know the updates and reviews of his car as he should get it within 20 days.

Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 03:42   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 02 2004,21:39)]hey r , thx only the alloys r diff, rest all is the same
dude.... you kidding me right??
These ARE the alloys.... (have also seen em on the indian skoda site.)

look again >

Sahil, man did you friend get saved just in time!! lol.
What colour is it gonna be - yellow or red?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 05:54   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

He is getting a silver ! stupid guy ...yellow and red are out of the question for him he is too boring to fit into them even if i told him he would laugh at me .. I tried to convince him atleast for a black but he is stuck on the silver. And yes he sure did get saved just in time as i have another friend of mine who took the delivery of his Rider 9 days back and when i met him last night and mentioned the RS he was almost in tears haha , he is like dude pls dont say a word more i have been banging my head on the wall since the day i saw the ad of the RS
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 12:22   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Well a close frnd of mine booked a rider 10 days back got a call today in the morning while reading the paper that he could take the delivery by this weekend ... to his luck the ad in the times of india of the RS stuck his attension and he got the rider cancelled that minute.
Boy is that being lucky. Saved from making the wrong investment of 10lacs +!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]he was like dude i can get an accord for almost the same price that i am getting the RS but then i wouldnt get that power punch etc.
So basically it all boils down to Prestige vs Performance while comparing the accord and RS which are almost the same price bracket now.
Its a misconception (prolly due to the sporty look) that the RS is faster than the Accord. They are pretty much evenly matched in acceleration with the RS having a 10kph advantage in top speed.

But then again, the RS does has a power to weight advantage of 17 bhp/ton. We are right now comparing OD's time to Autocars time. Lets wait till the Autocar RS test.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 12:28   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Sep. 02 2004,19:34)]OK,

So i have some questions abt the RS,

1. Are the brakes beefed up at all? whats the difference? (larger discs/more pistons/larger master/larger booster) ??
2. Have they altered the suspension components or setup in any way?
3. Intercooler present?
4. Whats the stock tire size and what tires are they offering the car with on the Indian market?
5. Is the car available to order yet, and when can one expect delivery ? (damn...i wish)
6. Will the Octavia RS we get be visually any different from this >

cya
R
Hey man, incase you havent read the OD test till now, here are the answers...
1. Brakes: Vented discs in front (312mm) solid's at the rear (256mm). The larger tyres will also enable shorter stopping distances

2. Suspension: RS has a sports set up, which included a lower ride height (which is canceled by the larger wheels according to OD). Although no details as to what the changes are, I presume we're talking higher rate springs and shocks.

3. Intercooler: Nope

4. Tyre size: OE on other Octy's is 195/65/15. The RS has 205/55/16

5. I'm sure the RS is ready for orders. Very tempted to exchange our TDi for one of these!

6. The RS you have in your pic appears to have 17" wheels instead of the 16"ers we will be getting. Makes sense in the Indian market as 17"s as OE is just too much. Aside from that, its identical!

and Salil...dude...IMO silver looks the business on the RS. Just take a look at this..!

Rtech
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 12:51   #53
Team-BHP Support

rtech, where do you dig up all this. u are a treasure trove.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 15:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

hey r the design of the rims are same but they r in a smaller size, think 16 or 15 incheres, dont rmemeber
Old 3rd September 2004, 16:38   #55
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot Rtech,

And nope i havent read the OD test! (havent bought an automag in about 6months now! lol.... thnx for the info
......and YES you should say byebye to the TDI and hello to the RS.... i knew it would be on your mind..lol.

Sahil, i asked red or yellow coz i was under the impression that those were the only 2 colours the RS was available in.... but holy wow...silver would be my pick of colour for the RS too....just didnt know it was an option!

cheers
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 18:24   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And nope i havent read the OD test! (havent bought an automag in about 6months now! lol.... thnx for the info
Dont need to. Team-BHP covers it all a full month in advance.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 19:25   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 03 2004,16:54)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And nope i havent read the OD test! (havent bought an automag in about 6months now! lol.... thnx for the info
Dont need to. Team-BHP covers it all a full month in advance.

GTO
yes..and over here, you don't have to see Adil smirking away and a million paragraphs on how OD is "by far India's best Mag". Sheesh!

Rt
Old 3rd September 2004, 20:46   #58
Team-BHP Support

Just a thought....how come they don't offer the RS in all the colors AS WELL AS yellow as an exclusive RS color!

I mean, If I were gonna buy the RS and lets say I wanted it in white which is available in all the other models but not the RS ...why shouldn't I get my white RS!!

Crazy I tell ya!

Rt
Old 3rd September 2004, 20:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Lol... i agree with you on that Rtech.

Remember the Palio 1.6 GTX? Till it was in production, they offered it in every god damn colour, except red. Now anyone who wants to buy a hot hatch would definitely think about the colour red, but no, Fiat decides it will be available only in the 1.2 Sport!

Only now, when the car is available on request, can you also get it in red.

These Europeans i tell you.... they drink the same beer...

Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2004, 22:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

man i love the rs...
my friend is gettinit .... dunno which colour though....
anyway IF i had to buy an octi, it would be used by my sis
so i was plannin a diesel octi with the skirts all round , alloys ( same as rs but 215 size ) , and some other stuff including a chip to boost power ( i may get it once shes married - and bythen i will hold a license - hopefully )
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote