Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th March 2007, 19:49   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Personally, I am more interested in watching how they handle the Santro and its next generation replacement.
SuperSyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Getz with a 1.5 CRDi ? Should be fun buying the D Getz 6 months after its launch when its price will be dropped by Rs 1 lakh
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 21:41   #18
BHPian

well good to know that they are launching by the end of march in India. I hope they don't delay further. Some compitetion for Swift D when Getz D is launched. I assume petrol will be a flop

Getz with verna crdi that a good news as we were expecting accent engine.

Last edited by adya33 : 7th March 2007 at 23:23.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 00:40   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
Personally, I am more interested in watching how they handle the Santro and its next generation replacement.
I am too. Just before I started reading this thread, I expected it to be Santro and it's upcoming replacement.

Getz D will be great if launched with Verna Engine. But please put some better brakes and stuff which is upto the engine. Also, it is better to stop the production of the current loss making Getz completely.

This trend (OLD plus New) is something we indians have to always suffer I think. It is time Manufacturers learn a bit from Toyota in this department too.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 02:08   #20
BHPian

Isnt Santro also a 1.1L engine.
Would be interesting to see how they price it!!
Any thoughts on what would be the price of both these models?
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 09:27   #21
BHPian

Old Getz

New Getz

Source : Hyundai website worldwide
Hyundai Getz which is called Getz Prime in the Indian context has the 1.1 SOHC, 1.4 SOHC, 1.6DOHC, 1.5 CRDi (High Power & Low Power) specs on their international website.

Wonder what specs would roll out from the Indian variant

Another interesting point is this article I read
Hyundai India to launch Getz Prime and Getz CRDI
Quote:
Hyundai India has just lost their second position in the Indian auto market to Tata Motors. Their Verna sedan is not selling well and the Maruti Swift has totally demolished the sales of their Getz car.
Do you think the Getz Prima can give serious competition to Swift? I am not sure if I have a straight forward answer to that. I guess the CRDi could....

Any idea on what went wrong with the Verna. I thought Vernas were doing relatively well. See quite a lot of them on road
askicode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

If Hyundai price it right then getz can see better sale but still it can't beat Swift because its established car now in India.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 15:32   #23
BHPian

I think if priced appropriately , 1.1 Getz prime can give good compitetion to swift P but not 1.3. Getz has big space advantage and A.S.S like maruti.
Old 8th March 2007, 15:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Holy Cow a Getz with 110Bhp VGT engine is surely going to bury the Swift alive, and top all that with a petes box and boy you have 130bhp oil burner hatch back with wheelspin in third.

Any sure launch dates, i have booked a Swift VDi and i wouldnot mind waiting for 2 more months if they indeed plan to get the Verna engine.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 16:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sad news.

Spoke to Hyundai dealer, helpline and regional office. They have no plans to launch the GETZ CRDi.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 16:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Sad news.

Spoke to Hyundai dealer, helpline and regional office. They have no plans to launch the GETZ CRDi.
They never tell even if they know. The dealer allegedly gets to know about the new launch only when the stock of new cars arrives at their dealership.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 17:12   #27
BHPian

they only come to know when they are sent for trainings for new product/s to be launched and its usually 15-20 days before the launch date.
Old 9th March 2007, 03:08   #28
BHPian

Default new link

A new link appears on the Getz website that says,
"GETZ offers you an incredibly better package than any other car in it's class.

check it out now!!"

Well you click on the Compare link and a pop-up says, "This Page is under construction"

GO FIGURE!!! what it could be!!! Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Getz
carCrazy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 13:01   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been doing some research about Getz as I planned to upgrade my Santro to Getz. Whether its an owner or a review from sites like this or mouthshut.com or any international car review websites etc, i see only positive reviews. Esp I see lots of mentioning about its spacious interior comparable with 3box saloons, very low NVH level inside the cabins, smooth/refined engine, leg rooms on par with bigger saloon and good handling. Two things which I see, wrt to indian market as negative are its FE and Price. If Iam the product manager of Getz in Hyundai India, I would recommend to tune the engine to get atleast 13-14 kmpl for city and atleast 17-18 kmpl in hiways. Then price this machine atleast 40k less in all trims. Then I believe we have a sure winner. what do you people think? Is my thinking is in line with the market? Post your views!
sgmuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 18:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

I wish it was true...

unfortunately...hyundai wants to make more profit..

even if they improve the performance and FE and say keep the same current price..it can give a serious threat to many cars in its segment(and even entry sedans)
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote