Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Honda Accord or Skoda Octavia RS? - Its war time folks
Honda Accord VTi-L 252 45.65%
Skoda Octavia RS 300 54.35%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2007, 15:15   #346
BHPian

Well in both the cases of chosing between an Accord and an Octavia i would definately say that the following points will explain why people who buy an Octavia or an Accord are years behind and shud go for a LAURA:

1.Its the most feature rich than both
2.The ICE is the best of both
3. Ride quality is the best
4. Its diesel
5. Seats are the best with 3 memory
6. The sunroof is impeccable
7. Engine roar is great
8. 8 air bags
9. LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST ITS A DSG (GRAEBOX)

Nothing left to say
Old 31st October 2007, 15:55   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
You can do it in a sealed Accord engine. India? NICE Road Bangalore. Gulf? Muscat Salalah highway. I clocked 220 in a V6 Manual in India. Same speed in an automatic Accord in Oman (I don know none of the radars flashed us, probably there were empty trunks and boxes without cameras in it!!!). You can do it bro. Try it.

Buddy theFreak... Civic is 1.8L car. And I don't have to tell you how big Accord is (still I was talkin about a 2.4L plant, not the 3L one). Civic is a luxury car and Accord is a Sedan. As far as I know, No car in India offers you the co-efficient of drag as low as 0.3, which Accord does, all thanks to its aerodynamics. (I don't say there cannot be any, if yes pls let me know, I'll thank you). Don't compare Accord with Civic in this regard, I was telling buddies to compare Octavia with Civic...

Check out the Accord Coupe 2008. Fantastic it is. The Accords were wearing a dirty look on their tail as well as front lamps from 2005-Accord (unlike the eye catching tail lamps in 2004 peer). Hondas have made Accord 2008 look just like a Dodge Charger in Honda's class.
Courtesy: 2008 Honda Accord Coupe - the Official Honda Web Site
Mate! check this out. Explicitly mentioned is the top speed of the current Accord in India - 208 kmph. As I said V6 would probably leave the 220 mark behind but not the 2.4 Accord. It has a 2.4 l plant. Yes. It churns out 142 bhp. Civic 1.8 L plant churns out 133 bhp. Accord is significantly heavier. They have almost similar top speeds.

And since when did Civic become a luxury car and Accord a sedan? Civic is a entry level D segment sedan. Accord is a higher end sedan. BMW is a luxury car. See the difference?

Accord coupe is fantastic. No doubt. Will it see the roads in India? I guess not. The new Accord looks to have phenomenal engine power and may do 220 or more but not an unmodded current Accord. (again we are not talking about the V6)

Totally agreed on the size aspect.
Old 31st October 2007, 17:09   #348
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I clocked 220 in a V6 Manual in India.
Out of curiousity, where did you manage to get your hands onto a manual V6?
Old 31st October 2007, 17:34   #349
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Out of curiousity, where did you manage to get your hands onto a manual V6?
Where is my reply, the one in which I've corrected myself? It a 2.4L Vti, 4 cyl not 6. It must be in the pipeline waiting for the approval from the seniors. I see I'm a newbie here.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:18   #350
Senior - BHPian

He means he wrote "220" in the owner's manual!

BTW Outlaw, there are many cars that have 0.30 cD in India, so...

Last edited by kbk_75 : 31st October 2007 at 18:19.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:43   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Just lemme know if there is anyone here who can clock 220 in a Octavia....!
the OCTAVIA vRS can clock 230 km/hr !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 31st October 2007 at 22:44.
Old 1st November 2007, 03:10   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
the OCTAVIA vRS can clock 230 km/hr !!!!!!!!

The RS is like a train on rails. Awesome handling; have experienced a 220 in it. Its more like a pedal to the metal situation and 230 is doable(blessed is the man who invented turbocharge), but i still feel the honda 2.4 vti is faster people. Maybe, to challenge the big daddies here
Old 1st November 2007, 10:54   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Exterior looks - RS
Interior quality - RS
Interior space - Accord
Engine - even stevens - Honda is marginally smoother and RS is powerful.
Fun to drive - RS
Feature list - RS

bhai what about handling i was asking for only this query and wanted to vote based on this, as i knew all the other aspects's rating except the handling!
Old 1st November 2007, 11:08   #354
Senior - BHPian

Handling - Octavia RS
Old 2nd November 2007, 05:07   #355
Senior - BHPian

thanks a ton and there goes my vote to the octaviaRS, this is one part i always craved for in a vehicle apart from the performance and other things!
Old 2nd November 2007, 05:45   #356
Senior - BHPian

One is german and the other is japanese. My vote goes for the german.

but if i had the money i would have thrown in a little bit more and would have gone for a C class.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:36   #357

Default Accord Rulez

I have owned a Suzuki Baleno, a Chevy Optra and a BMW 3.24 Coupe before & driven them crazy. When it came to selling my Chevy and getting a new car, I had a choice between 3 cars basically, Camry, Accord and the Nissan Altima.

Mind you guys, the Honda accord sold in the UAE(Dubai) is a 187 BHP engine. Surpassing the Camrys, Nissans and the Mitsubishi Galants(Triptronic) by about 17 BHP. Its the monster Engine in this segment.

Most fuel efficient, reliable, precise handling. Better build quality.

After reading this forum and the comparison of the Accord which has been the number one car in this segment in the US and Gulf for 6 out of 10 times in the last decade, with a SKODA, was a shock initially.

My opinion is these cars are firstly priced too high in India due to the TAX system. The accord starts @ 67,000 AED = approx 7.37 lac INR.The full options model will be maximum 1 lac INR more here. And the joke is the Skoda is priced equally lol. Because of lack of variety of vehicles available in the market these manufacturers like SKODA are carrying out this extortion business.

Not in my worst dream can I imagine paying such a ransom for a SKODA, mind you the SKODA is virtually invisible here in the market and no where to be found, there must be a reason, why they are struggling? That too in developed countries.

So if you've really made a decision to burn 15 lacs on a car, get a value for your money, invest in a HONDA or TOYOTA, they never say die!
Old 7th November 2007, 01:17   #358
BHPian

the votes say it all!!
Old 7th November 2007, 05:30   #359

Definitely accord... I own an Octavia but accord's ride and reliability beats skoda any time..
Old 7th November 2007, 08:40   #360
Senior - BHPian

Accord all the way BUT I heard the new Accord is around the corner launcing in the first quarter of 08 !!
Closed Thread