View Poll Results: autocar VS overdrive - Which is better
1.Overdrive 211 23.92%
2.Autocar India 576 65.31%
3.BS Motoring 95 10.77%
Voters: 882. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 18:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

I think top gear makes interesting reading though.
Old 12th December 2005, 15:34   #92

I would go with the majority here and i 've voted for ACI and IMO overdrive does not even comes close to that in terms of Proffesionalism and it is the only magazine i wait anxiously on every 25th of the month !
Old 12th December 2005, 16:39   #93

Definitely ACI over Overdrive as have often discovered OD tend to exaggerate statstics or test reports to attract public attention or due to promotion by the manufacturers.

BS Motoring does show the occasional brilliance in some of its articles which make certain issues interesting, but lacks the overall appeal & consistency of ACI.

1. ACI
2. BSM
3. OD

However, given a choice, would put Top-Gear a notch above ACI, due to its brilliantly written articles and team of experts second to none.

Only gripe I have with TG is that they fill up their issues mostly with foreign cars, which we dont get to see in India. And very less India-specific coverage - maybe that will improve over time.
Old 13th December 2005, 18:40   #94

Autocar for information and BS Motoring for entertainment. What do you guys think of CAR India? Its edited by Adil.
Old 15th December 2005, 08:02   #95
Thumbs up Autocar ROCKS.....

Autocar ROCKS.....
Old 15th December 2005, 17:01   #96
Awaiting Email Confirmation

auto car india is the best and i love reading it.
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:51   #97
Team-BHP Support

ACI is the best,by miles.
Old 12th January 2006, 06:38   #98

BMS has picked up its coverage n content a whole lot better now..bt still has some distance to cover to match up with AUTOcar .overdrive has solid details and does give an overall car mag appeal...bt lacks basic facts...n hence AUTOCAR ..
Old 24th January 2006, 19:10   #99

bs motoring definitely approaches motor journalism from a different angle. but god are they becoming monotous or what. you can actually notice the same goof-ups/slip-ups in different articles after every 2-3 months
Old 24th January 2006, 20:33   #100

[SIZE=2]i started buying car mags quite a few years back. the first one being ACI in sept 1998(the one with the ikon scoop)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]been a long time since then and now i like only 2 magazines. ACI n motoring.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]autocar for the quality n professionalism and motoring for getting high on fun.[/SIZE]
Old 23rd February 2006, 12:48   #101

I bought my first cam mag in 99. Have been buying on and off from that time onwards.
I agree with the majority. ACI is miles ahead of OD.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:09   #102

I just flipped through OD this month, especially the last section where they list the current new car prices and specs. I saw that they had claimed that the NHC mileage is 27 on the highways and 16 on the city, making it 19.9 ( I think) overall.... I know from experience that the real mileage is NOWHERE near that.

So, will I trust this mag and use that to improve my knowledge ? Hell no.... my vote goes to ACI.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:59   #103

I always prefer reading ACI and i have stopped even looking at OD since long. I also get Top gear every month, it makes for a very good reading.
Old 23rd February 2006, 15:46   #104
Senior - BHPian

autocarindia is streets ahead of OD. However, for humour, no one can beat BSM.

OD has had some good issues, but of late, they have gone down teh dumps and there is a clear bias in their reporting towards certain brands.

I am reproducing below a letter I shot off to them last week

In your Jan issue, I was really disappointed to read the report on the Sonalika Rhino. Througout the report, I kept scaning the pages for the words ADVERTISEMENT- this has to e the most biased report I have ever read. Every car magazine has panned the Rhino and when I saw it in the auto expo, I was shocked to see it as an uglier version of the qualis with pathetic finish.
But going by your article, it appears as if it may be the next CRV! I mean, who in their right minds would call the front end of tat UV "sleek"
I used to have a lot of respect for OD's views but sorry to say, this article has dented my confidence in your mag.
I have bought every single issue of OD since inception. But I wonder if I will do so again.....if at all, it will be on aselctive basis.
I dont expect you to publish this letter since it is full of criticism, but I just want to put my point of view across.

Old 24th February 2006, 01:51   #105

The articles in Autocar india are more realistic. They have more of the Public view.

Overdrive does go overboard sometimes.........
Closed Thread