Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th June 2008, 18:26   #31

Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Good idea ...
create a poll ... award the one with highest no of votes
Hmm, I am of the opinion though that a simple poll would not be enough here - at best it translates to stating is that " this is the most popular car chosen by people in the team-bhp forum" - there is no harm in this and this could be one category , I guess. But it certainly does not to translate to team-bhp best car of the year. The other issue could be of poll manipulation.
Another option is to form a jury of the senior people and adjudicate for each category - sedan, hatchback etc. But wait, team-bhp has not done something of this scale before. Is there a reason for this? Would something like this tantamount to saying that we recommend so-and-so car over something else? What I have found wonderful about this forum is the fact there are so many diverse opinions and it's impartiality ( ok, ok, I do notice some rose-tinted nostalgia or "you are protected here" badges on OHC, Baleno,lancer,cedia..but still..) - afterall, one man's food is another man's poison. A forum like this may perhaps be better served by refraining to make some outright proclamations so as not to give a wrong message, even if inadvertent.
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote