Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th March 2007, 09:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Another funny thing is their crappy TV Add which justifies their design.
If every boxy things are cute and beautiful... I would like to prefer a cofin with wheels.
Hmmm. i think you got that wrong.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 09:09   #47
Team-BHP Support

I dont think the Estilo failed to live up expectations of MUL. They already sold 25,000 rickshaws as per their advertisements. It is a decent sales figure for a pathetic looking car.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 10:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post

MR Wagon of 5+ yrs ago is now peddled in india as 'new zen'. Samsung taught them a lesson in electronics globally and Suzuki, Yamaha (m/cycle) are learning lesson hard way.
I guess Samsung does make cars(??) Come on! Bring them here...Low cost Korean cars!!!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 11:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I guess Samsung does make cars(??) Come on! Bring them here...Low cost Korean cars!!!

Samsung used to make cars...those were renault cars(like current mahindra tie up)

i have seen many sedans in korea... these are SM series cars
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 11:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Now a days i see many Estilos in bangalore...

however it looks like, it is getting sold.!!!!

Is it time to change the thread name and our views?
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2007, 20:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

I think that any car released by the big automobile players (hyundai/maruti etc) would sell initially!! In fact I think maruti themselves are wondering if things will live upto the hype.

Estilo IS NO Zen!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 11:52   #52
BHPian

Estilo looks more like a Matiz in front and Wagon R from the back, with the exception that Wagon R Looks better from the rear any day !! I prefer the old Zen any day !!
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 14:03   #53
BHPian

I don't know why people are so critical about the looks. I think it looks great. It may be a little effeminate in the new purple, but try looking at the champagne-beige model.

As far as it's success/ popularity goes, I think the proof is in the pudding. From the time this thread started, the number of Estilos on the road has grown exponentially. This isn't an iphone that people will snap it up the first day it comes out. People in India are especially careful about new cars, giving them a little time to first be tested by other people before they make such a huge expenditure. (And as someone else mentioned on this forum I think, even the old Zen and Swift faced the same criticism initially).

The other thing that's getting very old is the whole 'it has nothing to do with the zen, why is it called a zen' thing. It's plain and simple marketing. The zen being a highly successful brand, I don't think there's anything wrong with them wanting to continue the brand. I doubt anyone gets fooled into thinking it has anything to do with the old Zen. And if you think you are above marketing, you are in a fool's paradise. You are, for better or worse, a victim of marketing every dy whether you realize it or not. Take the recent 'New 7 wonders' - Taj Mahal rubbish campaign for example.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 16:50   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend commented this yesterday.

'The launch of Estilo has made me realise the beauty of WagonR'
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 17:24   #55
BHPian

Its is a car for college going girls or working girls aunties ect ,so demand is not as much as it can be compared to main stream models like Santro Wagon R Indica or swift , but if you look at clientèle it is purely selling decent numbers
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 19:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

I felt samething about Estilo which is ideal for college going girls and Spark for house wife.

Estilo is better looking WagonR thats true as well. Its sales coming dow month by month but I feel it will still sell at least 2000 units per month.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 20:46   #57
BHPian

I still miss the old zen like hell. according to me there is no USP (Unique Selling Proposition) or product differentiation for the Estilo. they should think before introducing such cars . I mean what is the logic of introducing this car I fail to understand that in the 1st place ...
dj_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 23:14   #58
BHPian

What's the logic of Colgate introducing new flavoured toothpastes every 5 months? My teeth definitely aren't any whiter.

You just have to offer something new to consumers otherwise your company / brand gets left behind.

Perhaps they introduced the Estilo to appeal to people who want the features of a WagonR but not with it's bread-box looks. With good mileage, you could say its target demographic is city commuters with small families, who care about monthly costs in terms of fuel and maintenance, but at the same time want a stylish car. To me that sounds like a pretty huge chunk of the population of metro cities.

My prediction is that this car is going to be a success.
vebmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 02:23   #59
BHPian

Thumbs down

zen estilo - its a joke
suzuki should relaunch the old zen in 2 models - aunty variant (pink w 1ltr engine) & sports variant (old zen look with 2ltr 200bhp engine)

We (me and my office colleagues) saw a pinky red (i'm little color blind) estilo today at jc road parking complex while gettin our seats covered in artificial leather and then we saw the owner and laughed our *** off - it was an old man and we were like this poor old henpecked guy must be seriously scared of his wife to buy this clown car haha man i tell u it was so funny!! I mean I know quite a few girls and they dont wanna be anywhere near that thing, also I am from Pune and have seen oldies who wouldn't wanna be seen in that car - they'd rather drive around in a premier padmini than estilo

if there are any estilovers on this thread
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 10:45   #60
BHPian

A 5 year old model (since stopped), MUL is able to get the old dyes etc back and sell a good 2000 cards per month, isn't that mockery of all other manufacturers from a pure sellers perspective ? From Maruti's business perspecitive thats good business. Same for Qualis ?

Buyers views are always tangential, there will always be a group which thinks estillo buyers are fools so as palio owners, then there are the folks with exact opposite views.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote