Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 13:39   #61
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Wink

well palio and estilo buyers are two opposite groups of people - the performance minded people will buy the 1.6 palio and the hmmm i still don't know these people who will buy estilo

Anyways I think the palio stile is actually the fiat stilo - unfortunately they could not call it stilo because zen eSTILO was already on the roads at that time

Ok i just discovered this - a colleague in my office is getting married in 4 months and his wife-to-be just asked him to buy an estilo as their 2nd car (mostly for her) when they get married. So this colleague walked into office today with a very long sad face and broke this news to us - i think he maybe reconsidering his decision to marry her hehehhe just kidding he'll buy the estilo for her for sure - another pink estilo on the roads of bangalore coming up
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 13:47   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Facts remain facts and Estilo is selling well. Period.

Quote:
We (me and my office colleagues) saw a pinky red (i'm little color blind) estilo today at jc road parking complex while gettin our seats covered in artificial leather and then we saw the owner and laughed our *** off - it was an old man and we were like this poor old henpecked guy must be seriously scared of his wife to buy this clown car haha man i tell u it was so funny!! I mean I know quite a few girls and they dont wanna be anywhere near that thing, also I am from Pune and have seen oldies who wouldn't wanna be seen in that car - they'd rather drive around in a premier padmini than estilo
Why are we so concerned and complaining if we dont own one ? The owners have no complaints atleast.

Come on folks I think its one's own choice and we need to respect that.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 14:13   #63
BHPian
 
WhiteKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Facts remain facts and Estilo is selling well. Period.
. Estilo serves the purpose why it was launched. It is nothing but a "flanking strategy" in marketing terms. It was launched to take some sales out of Santro and inadvertently, some marketshare of WagonR too (That is the risk Maruti took, successfully).
Estilo is never meant to storm the market like Swift did, and it is doing that job pretty well.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 15:28   #64
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 703
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

The alto ,wagon R also did not sell initially when they were launched . Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .

Maruti has positioned the wagon R with dual fuel (CNG/Petrol ) and estilo as a single fuel car . I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 15:31   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
Bottom line they still sell.

Quote:
Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .
Talk of perceptions .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 15:32   #66
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,729
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
So they have a lovely couple in their stable
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 16:44   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,044
Thanked: 475 Times
Default

Guys, let us not blow things out of proportion.
It maybe ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line.
Of course it could have been done with a better build and better gearshift. But again, you cant get everything, can you?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 17:04   #68
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Cool

Yes and theres a huge number of people who want a car with that description "ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" which is why estilo is selling

but yes on a serious note - most ppl who just want a car from reputed ol' maruti with good A$$ and ability to get em from A to B in crowded city traffic - estilo is the answer.

Its like this - there are some people who want the best looking computer with loads of memory and Terabytes of storage and a 42" lcd monitor + graphics card with 1gb video memory - but at the end of the day all they get time for is, some after office hours browsing when they get home. The same thing could be done by an old pentium with 128mb memory and 5gb storage and a mono monitor.

So metaphorically speaking the estilo does the job in the crowded city for all the people who own it and in quite a few cases the women may like its cutie looks or better still fall for some guy who owns a pink estilo

Thats all there is to it

over and out,
J
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 20:31   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,359 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Yes and theres a huge number of people who want a car with that description "ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" which is why estilo is selling

but yes on a serious note - most ppl who just want a car from reputed ol' maruti with good A$$ and ability to get em from A to B in crowded city traffic - estilo is the answer.

Its like this - there are some people who want the best looking computer with loads of memory and Terabytes of storage and a 42" lcd monitor + graphics card with 1gb video memory - but at the end of the day all they get time for is, some after office hours browsing when they get home. The same thing could be done by an old pentium with 128mb memory and 5gb storage and a mono monitor.

So metaphorically speaking the estilo does the job in the crowded city for all the people who own it and in quite a few cases the women may like its cutie looks or better still fall for some guy who owns a pink estilo

Thats all there is to it

over and out,
J
So does the Wagon R, some find it more "appealing" in terms of looks and functionality than the Estilo.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 21:31   #70
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,947
Thanked: 16,652 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The alto ,wagon R also did not sell initially when they were launched . Infact Alto was a total failure because there was maruti 8005speed . And people thought wagon R looked funny .

Maruti has positioned the wagon R with dual fuel (CNG/Petrol ) and estilo as a single fuel car . I think maruti is of the opinion that wagon R has a boyish look and estilo has a girlish look .
Alto was not a total failure. but its sales were never close to that of the M800.

And with good reason. The 5-speed M800 is considered the best M800 iteration till date. Too bad they discontinued it to push Alto sales.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 22:34   #71
BHPian
 
ankit.jhamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: new delhi
Posts: 574
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

so what is the current sales of estilo....how many units are being sold by maruti in a month
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 00:07   #72
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,947
Thanked: 16,652 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
so what is the current sales of estilo....how many units are being sold by maruti in a month
July ACI reports 3685 units. 9th in the top-10. however, sales comes even below SX4 (8th).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 01:17   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Zen Estilo future is in dark... no way guys
its a good car ( if u forget about rear seat) and if u see Maruti history we get to know that their cars first rises then falls and then rises again
hope this continues with zen estilo also
smartmundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 13:45   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Yes and theres a huge number of people who want a car with that description "ugly looking for some, but still, a practical choice for today's traffic clogged cities. Easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" which is why estilo is selling
And if I may ask what "ugly looking,but still a practical choice for today's traffic clogged city, easy to park, easy to maneuver, fuel efficient and a pocket rocket in straight line" car are you driving ?

Come on man, like I said its a personal choice one makes. We have no say on that.

I drive a baleno you might find it ugly and unappealing , but for me its appealing.

Quote:
Zen Estilo future is in dark... no way guys
The magic has always worked in favour of Maruti .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 14:10   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

The estilo is actually a decent car. I think the only reason this thread has taken this turn due to the mob mentality. one guy says it is ugly & it is supported by a few more & then it goes on to become an epic. If you are talking funny, i found the 1998 santro to be riot, but it still went on to become one of the most successful hatches in india.

Actually, the estilo is a great looking car, beautifully finished, it has a feminine look to it, that's all. Just compare the front door & the quarter glass with that of the current hottest car, the SX4.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD Thar4x4 4x4 Vehicles 163 7th October 2017 07:20
Mahindra 'Live Young, Live Free' Offroad Drive. Chennai on 28th June 2014 ex670c 4x4 Excursions 6 27th August 2014 15:24
Live young, Live Free -- Jeepers day out @ Hosur svsantosh 4x4 Excursions 18 4th March 2013 22:45
Drive to Live, Live to Drive.. Auto_Bot Introduce yourself 3 13th November 2012 20:45
Expectations for Civic LandCruiser The Indian Car Scene 0 15th February 2006 03:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks