Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2007, 00:51   #76
BHPian

I just got my Aveo tinted with 50% visibility norms (looks se_y) after reading this link and till date this is the rule as per delhi traffic police website so not very sure what the exact verdict regarding sun films in Delhi is.
Anyways check this link :-

Delhi Traffic Police, New Delhi (India) - Tinted Glass in Motor Vehicles

Cheers
Old 10th April 2007, 02:00   #77
BANNED

Guys, Any news about free flows and stuff -- just got one for my swift , wondering wether I shud install it or not ???

Also could someone explain the no lane changing rule .... when can one change and when one can't -- Im confused on this !

Cheers
Old 10th April 2007, 06:16   #78
BHPian

if someone has photodermatitis (or sensitivity of the skin to UV radiation) which can cause him/her severe sunburns where do they stand under the HC ruling?
one should give this a try.carry a prescription from a doc though.
Old 10th April 2007, 09:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys, Any news about free flows and stuff -- just got one for my swift , wondering wether I shud install it or not ???

Also could someone explain the no lane changing rule .... when can one change and when one can't -- Im confused on this !

Cheers
The rule is simple. You see a thulla dont change lane... ...I think you can wait for a week or two for installing the FFE if you are gonna have a loud note, otherwise there shouldnt be a problem. Is it a catback or you are loosing the Cat ?
Old 10th April 2007, 09:36   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
I just got my Aveo tinted with 50% visibility norms (looks se_y) after reading this link and till date this is the rule as per delhi traffic police website so not very sure what the exact verdict regarding sun films in Delhi is.

Cheers

Buddy, not a smart move. How can you rely on govt websites to have the latest info anyway. BTW this is an ordinance from High Court disallowing any kind of TINT. You can see sunday's TOI delhi edition or may be you can see the epaper on timesofindia.com online

-POGU
Old 10th April 2007, 10:58   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post

Cheers
The link is pretty old. Please dont expect Delhi Traffic Police to update their website immediately after HC has passed new laws. Not a good move . The good thing is that since your film is new it will come off easily if you DIY or will be taken off easily by the cops equipped with blade
Old 10th April 2007, 23:49   #82
BHPian

people with photodermatis may have to get certificate from Goverment Hospital, Submit to the Judicial Committee which will issue Stickers allowing only VIP-cars as mentioned CM,MLA,MP,Army General,Judges,PM etc and I think review will be done, But am not sure just how many people will be able to get this done..! Ofcourse not everyone will get Photodermatis...! But this is doable in case of a Medical Ground at least thats what I can percieve.
Old 11th April 2007, 00:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Just a thought: If you have dark tints and stuck somewhere and need to reach home, you could try lowering all the windows and driving. That way no one can makeout the tint. The downside is, the dust and pollution...
Hi friends.

I am doing the same.... so far so good.......
how far to push my luck ?
depends upon my luck.....

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 11th April 2007, 01:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
people with photodermatis may have to get certificate from Goverment Hospital, Submit to the Judicial Committee which will issue Stickers allowing only VIP-cars as mentioned CM,MLA,MP,Army General,Judges,PM etc and I think review will be done, But am not sure just how many people will be able to get this done..! Ofcourse not everyone will get Photodermatis...! But this is doable in case of a Medical Ground at least thats what I can percieve.
Not too tough to get this from a govt hospital. A couple of pieces of paper with Bapu on them, and we're back to gangsta's paradise.
Old 12th April 2007, 22:33   #85
BHPian

My car had dual tone reflective tints but these were almost 9 years old so had almost 50 per cent visibility now.The car looked great in these(white car with silver and black tints and chrome finish wheel)a but now somebody decides to issue an order to ban these.Car looks bland now moreover it has also increased the chance of the car getting heated up and moreover now all ice and anything valuable lays exposed to prying eyes.Was even challaned while on the way to getting these removed.
Old 5th June 2007, 05:45   #86
BHPian

hey whats happening about the sunfilms ban in delhi? im in the uk since 3 months i still have not gotten tints removed from my cars in delhi comin back in august so has the ban cooled down?
Old 5th June 2007, 15:11   #87
BHPian

nopes there was a huge drive on Kalindi Kunj and Ashram road last 3 days, Many cars being stopped and de-filmed...!

Guess its a Chance pe Dance syndrome..if you go through lucky, else pay the fine.
Old 5th June 2007, 15:32   #88
Team-BHP Support

There is a new film in town,water based something. Apply water stick, when you see cops, pull it out.
Also I saw many people using towels to beat the heat. I wonder if they can challan for towels or newspapers?
Old 5th June 2007, 15:46   #89
BHPian

how about using the stick on sunshades with the suction cups? you can see considerably well thru them. its easy to fold them for storage too.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:03   #90

i have a little information that the ban posed on tinted glasses is abt to lift and only 30% block will allowed...it might come around 15-20 days..already its a harrasment with clear glasses in the sun...scorching 44 degrees
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks